"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Fair play to Chelsea. I think from the moment Messi missed the penalty in the Nou Camp no one was going to deny them. They were a long way from the best team in the competition but got through by dogged English back to the wall defending and desire. Rode their luck of course but then most teams who win it have to. Although turning up on a day when the Germans lose a penalty shootout is lottery winning levels of luck.

Just a side note on the odious JT though. A man so uncomprehending of the words humility, dignity or respect that he had to run up the steps and actually have his hand on the trophy as Frank lifted it, conveniently ignoring the fact that the victory was in spite of his immature behaviour not because of it. Laurent Blanc in 98 we can all feel sorry for as he was cheated out of the greatest moment of his career but JT only has himself to blame and is deserving of nobodys sympathy.

I dont remember Roy Keane muscling in in such a crass fashion in 99, he just quietly kept his head down and retained his dignity realising that it was a night that belonged to his colleagues. And with that he received the respect of all fans whereas JT only gets contempt. Not that it will bother him much as we all have seen time and again that shame is an alien concept to this lout.

Well done again to all the Chelsea players - particularly Cech and the Drog who kept their bottle at the crucial moment. Especially compared to Robben who shit himself and sent his keeper up to take a pen.

PS - Memo to JT: sorry son but in my book you havent actually won the Champions League you know.

Hats off and well done Chelsea! I think Abramovich should show Di Matteo some respect now he has got his hands on the trophy he has always demanded, and give him the job!
    IN BRENDEN WE TRUST - :-SS
    We have a manager who will be sacked before Christmas - you yanks what the Bush are you doing? Get rid of a legend and now bring in a wing and a prayer.

Liverpool are better than this. Make me eat my words Brenden.

I thnk you'll find that we are not. We are a midtable club with midtable players. Suarez to leg it at xmas to somewhere where his team mates might be on the same wavelength or at least be able to complete a 3 yard pass.
    We are on a Villa-esque curve - how long before JW Henry realises how much its going to cost him to restore us to former glories and pulls the plug leaving us in the hands of a Venkys?

Just got to hope Brendan is a genius - which worryingly also appears to be Fenways strategy too.
    Chelsea FTW :)

I thnk you'll find that we are not. We are a midtable club with midtable players. Suarez to leg it at xmas to somewhere where his team mates might be on the same wavelength or at least be able to complete a 3 yard pass.
    We are on a Villa-esque curve - how long before JW Henry realises how much its going to cost him to restore us to former glories and pulls the plug leaving us in the hands of a Venkys?

Just got to hope Brendan is a genius - which worryingly also appears to be Fenways strategy too.

I worry too. But two champion league finals within in the last 6 years, a cup last season - we're not finished yet. Believe me we are not doing a Villa.

Should have brought Rafa in...
    i thought he had turned down the chance for talks with Liverpool?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    RogueAgent wrote:

He did , because he didn't want to be 1 name in a handful of candidates but it seems he has been swayed when he realised lfc were serious.

Just to add to a few comments above , we are better than mid table :)
    DCisared wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

He did , because he didn't want to be 1 name in a handful of candidates but it seems he has been swayed when he realised lfc were serious.

Kenny was unlucky to lose the job.He made some mistakes like not playing maxi and bellamy enough in the epl and playing reina who hasn't made a save all year.
    If we had a better goalkeeper we would have won more games.He was one of the worst or the worst keeper in the epl last season.

As for the new manager, you can't make judgement on them until you see their results with LFC.

We will be alright next season.

001 wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Kenny was unlucky to lose the job.He made some mistakes like not playing maxi and bellamy enough in the epl and playing reina who hasn't made a save all year.
    If we had a better goalkeeper we would have won more games.He was one of the worst or the worst keeper in the epl last season.

As for the new manager, you can't make judgement on them until you see their results with LFC.

Well? With Lambert holding talks with Villa? Its a sad day for me as he has been immense for us. Big fears now for the future, worried my side will implode? Person i would like to take over from Lambert should he go? Chris Hughton from Blues. I like his manner and style of Football. What a manager merry go round!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    001 wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Well? With Lambert holding talks with Villa? Its a sad day for me as he has been immense for us. Big fears now for the future, worried my side will implode? Person i would like to take over from Lambert should he go? Chris Hughton from Blues. I like his manner and style of Football. What a manager merry go round!

Have To agree he did a terrific job at Newcastle and thought it was totally the wrong decision to sack him but who would of thought Pardew would have such a good season.

Will Norwich and Swansea now lose players to villa and Liverpool Aswell as there managers?

DCisared wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    001 wrote:
    DCisared wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Have To agree he did a terrific job at Newcastle and thought it was totally the wrong decision to sack him but who would of thought Pardew would have such a good season.

Will Norwich and Swansea now lose players to villa and Liverpool Aswell as there managers?

It would not surprise me sadly. Managers always tend to go back for players from what i have seen in the past.
    BREAKING : Police arrest a drunk middle-aged woman menacingly screaming "Where are you? Let's be aving you" outside Paul Lambert's house.
    In Brenden we trusted, In Martinez we thought he changed our team completly and both have screwed us over. If you get want you want it just shows it is never enough. And now I hear Lambert is pushing to leave Norwich. What is wrong with these managers. Looks like we are favourites to get relegated again. As it seems the backroom staff, some of our players and even the one we were about to buy (siggy) is going with Brenden he may as well take Cyril the Swan as well just put him in a Liverpool kit and he may even look like the bloody Liver bird ~X(
    DCisared wrote:
    BREAKING : Police arrest a drunk middle-aged woman menacingly screaming "Where are you? Let's be aving you" outside Paul Lambert's house.

lol! You got to admire her passion for the club though! I was in the pub that night when we played Man City! When she came out and did her infamous speech! I was crying with laughter as a Norwich fan! I was like "Go on girl!!!!!" =))
    largo2 wrote:
    In Brenden we trusted, In Martinez we thought he changed our team completly and both have screwed us over. If you get want you want it just shows it is never enough. And now I hear Lambert is pushing to leave Norwich. What is wrong with these managers. Looks like we are favourites to get relegated again. As it seems the backroom staff, some of our players and even the one we were about to buy (siggy) is going with Brenden he may as well take Cyril the Swan as well just put him in a Liverpool kit and he may even look like the bloody Liver bird ~X(

I feel your pain Largo, i really do! I was hoping Lambert would do a rolling 12 month deal depending on how we performed next season?

Like most Norwich fans i am resigned to losing him, but the board could have handled it better than they have? I would like us to try and get Chris Hughton from Birmingham City, as i like his manner and style of football. He also likes his teams to play football on the ground like we have always tryed to do. Who would you like for Swansea?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 2,782
    We're stuck with him now, I wish Rafa was back.

Now with the Euros coming up can we have your fav Football songs posted:

edited May 2012 Posts: 1,329
    We're stuck with him now, I wish Rafa was back.

Now with the Euros coming up can we have your fav Football songs posted:

Ahhh I vote new order - world in motion but I can't find the proper version on youtube

Found this thou haha

And this! I had it on cassette I remember my dad bought me it from asda and I cried when we lost on penos to Germany lol

I can't say I'm too bothered about England anymore but with gerrard being captain I now want them to do well again :D

This is new for 2012 and very very funny! :D

This still remains my all time favourite England football song! :-bd
    Looks like grant holt is off!
  • DCisared wrote:

off to the Villa?

DCisared wrote:

Would not surprise me? Will take a look shortly, Where too?
    RogueAgent wrote:
    largo2 wrote:

I feel your pain Largo, i really do! I was hoping Lambert would do a rolling 12 month deal depending on how we performed next season?

Like most Norwich fans i am resigned to losing him, but the board could have handled it better than they have? I would like us to try and get Chris Hughton from Birmingham City, as i like his manner and style of football. He also likes his teams to play football on the ground like we have always tryed to do. Who would you like for Swansea?

Hopefully we will wait and see what is happening with Di Matteo and step in for him as he comes with Eddie newton. And hopefully Siggy will still sign
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 469
    Well done Huw for sticking that clause in so the thieving Scousers dont poach our players as well as the back room staff. :-))
    Money on first game of season will be against Liverpool
    A very underrated football song and, given the paucity of the England squad, one that accurately reflects my mood this time round.

people in the know think Dennis the menace next Swans manager :-?
    Jury is out on this one
    largo2 wrote:
    people in the know think Dennis the menace next Swans manager :-?
    Jury is out on this one

Lol! Do not worry too much Largo! Norwich have been linked with Desperate Dan! :))