"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• GBFGBF
    I was really surprised of the result since Bayern is not doing so very well in the German Bundesliga in the moment. OK, they are still in the lead and they won most of the last few matches but it was always extremely close and they didn't play well at all. For example, against Freiburg (where I am living by the way) they scored the 2:1 in the 93rd minute, last weekend they did the same in Ingolstadt which is another small club. So everyone said that once they have to compete in the CL, they will go out directly.
    Until they realised it was Arsenal and they jumped for joy ~X(
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Anyone here who likes Eric Castel? Or Kid Cox?
  • Ibra hatrick Man United 3 - 0 Saint-Étienne, good result come on United!!!
    Ibra hatrick Man United 3 - 0 Saint-Étienne, good result come on United!!!
    Shit.....

• barryt007 wrote: »
    Ibra hatrick Man United 3 - 0 Saint-Étienne, good result come on United!!!
    Shit.....

It's our get out if we win it and don't finish top four

;))
    Being an Arsenal supporter i have nothing to say ......as we have no get out and probably wont finish top 4....bloody pratts.
  • It's all relative your team is at a higher level than United currently, though both teams need to move forward
    It's all relative your team is at a higher level than United currently, though both teams need to move forward
    he
    But your team is moving up and mine is spiralling down..and yep,totally agree,both are not where they should be,and the top six battles in the Premiership arnt the same until both clubs are able to challenge again.....bloody big shame...

• It's all cyclical English teams will dominate Europe again, every big nation has its dominant period. English football is in a transition period
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Lincoln City - take a bow!
    Bayern were awesome 2nd half, Well done Lincoln!!! Sadly on a personal note? What a cock up losing to Burton yesterday! :(( Gonna get a lot of ribbing at work tomorrow!
    Dont balls this up Arsenal....i bloody mean it !!!!
    What do u reckon the odds are that Xhaka is going to be sent off again after an early yellow card !!!!!
    Phew ...made it...and Sanchez is ok and not injured..why the hell we brought him on i dont know !!
    There really is no loyalty in football anymore. Claudio Ranieri sacked as Leicester manager. Football gone mad. I wouldn't mind, but that was a decent result last night, even though they lost. And an away goal.

At least he goes the way he should, a champion.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    There really is no loyalty in football anymore. Claudio Ranieri sacked as Leicester manager. Football gone mad. I wouldn't mind, but that was a decent result last night, even though they lost. And an away goal.

At least he goes the way he should, a champion.
    That is appalling, those players need to have a good at them selves. I am a Man United supporter though I am so angry about this it's unreal

I'm a Liverpool supporter and this really irks me. No loyalty. Since the premier league came into being there has been no loyalty in football at the top level in England. Too much money bandied about. But, if Sky throw it at them they take it.
    Disgusting....totally disgusting...
    I'm a Liverpool supporter and this really irks me. No loyalty. Since the premier league came into being there has been no loyalty in football at the top level in England. Too much money bandied about. But, if Sky throw it at them they take it.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Sad day in football, claudio achieved the greatest achievement and is rewarded by the sack. I can't believe how upset I am from this utterly moronic decision.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Well I'm a Leicester fan and I'm appalled. He will always have the freedom of the city, and will be a hero to foxes fans.

Next game the fans will sing his name throughout.

Owners are ambitious and need the club to stay in the Prem. But sacking Claudio at this point in the season? The players need to take a long hard look at themselves
    Well I'm a Leicester fan and I'm appalled. He will always have the freedom of the city, and will be a hero to foxes fans.

Owners are ambitious and need the club to stay in the Prem. But sacking Claudio at this point in the season? The players need to take a long hard look at themselves
  • NicNac wrote: »

Some players should be ashamed
    THe club and the players should be shot...what a horrible thing to do.
    It's big business and the Thai owners won't mess about. They may have brought in £175M or whatever this season, and could buy their way back out of the championship easily enough, but Claudio in his own charming way brought something to the club we will never see again. Integrity.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Disgraceful behaviour in sacking Claudio. I hope they do get relegated now.
    I'd say if anything they would stand a better chance of staying up with Claudio steering the ship.
    Poor shame on the players for not sticking by him. Takes them all the way to the impossible, and they stab him in the back.
    They did stab him,big time....the senior players approached the owners while in Seville..
    barryt007 wrote: »
    They did stab him,big time....the senior players approached the owners while in Seville..

Because the title win was all down to them. Big heads.

What manager do they think they'll get in now?

This is what makes me totally fed up with football. I can't stay interested it. No decency. no integrity. No pride.
    I have to agree @vzok.....