"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Excellent win by Liverpool against Arsenal.
    yep...we are officially totally crap.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    :)) =)) :)) =))

Do the decent thing Arsene and do a Keegan in the bogs because the only other option is to take you round the back and shoot you.
    Totally agree...i am so fu***ng embarrassed right now...thank God i dont have BT Sport,i only had to suffer the humiliation with a fuming Charlie Nicholas on Soccer Special.

I really am running out of patience with this team....he has to go after this,NO manager would be allowed the freedom he has,and the players are just not playing for him.

Get rid of him,get in someone like Enrique or Eddie Howe and start all over again.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 9,117
    He's just come out in the press conference and blamed the ref!!

Not quite sure how the ref is to blame for the systematic decay of the entire club over the past 12 years and fostering an atmosphere of zero fight or ambition amongst a gutless group of players but I'm sure Arsene knows best.
    Yep i just saw that Wizard...rather mentioning that his team totally lost their balls and capitulated like a bunch of school boys.

Enough is enough,we are becoming (if we are already not) a laughing stock.
    He has to go...time has caught up with him.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Afraid you have been for some years now old chap.

Afraid you have been for some years now old chap.

I wish i could argue or have a witty response to that ,but you are spot on Wizard,me olde matey....absolutely right.

• GBFGBF
    Well, it might help that Bayern is just in such a goog shape in the moment. They won against Hamburg 8:0 in the Bundesliga ten days ago.
    Cruelly ironic to quote a Spurs manager on a night like this but Keith Burkinshaw's comment sums up Arsenal in a nutshell:

'There used to be a football club over there.'
    Ow......thats the last of my 2 bol**ks gone...
    Annoyed we threw away another 3 points last night and settled for 1 point instead! ~X(
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Some come back by Barca I did not see the game though some accusations are been thrown around regarding the nature of the win.

Well done to Stoke for getting a draw at the Etihad ;))
    Simply staggering. The 2nd penalty an absolute joke but to be fair even when PSG scored I still thought it was on.

That's the difference Arsene - serial winners don't just lie down when they're up against it they show fight and spirit.

Suarez a diving twat to be sure but it's born from a win at any cost mentality which separates the absolute world class players from the merely very good ones.
    Sick of Arsenal fans complaining that they're some kind of 'embarrasment'. Yeah sure they lost 10-2 on agg to Bayern. But they're up there in PL as they always are and have been in the Champions League. Hull City however practically relegated themselves in the summer with virtually no signings when we only had 13 fit players. And we've been in the lower leagues too.
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Sick of Arsenal fans complaining that they're some kind of 'embarrasment'. Yeah sure they lost 10-2 on agg to Bayern. But they're up there in PL as they always are and have been in the Champions League. Hull City however practically relegated themselves in the summer with virtually no signings when we only had 13 fit players. And we've been in the lower leagues too.

That comparison would make sense if you didn't take into consideration vital factors such as resources, history, ambitions and money spent...
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    TXoe8ZR.png

It's ok. Live with it.
    Alex Neil has been sacked by Norwich,with the club still ok in 8th place ...
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 1,009
    ggl007 wrote: »
    TXoe8ZR.png

It's ok. Live with it.

Are you a culé, too? :)>- I never screamed out of my lungs like this since forever when Sergi scored the 6th. Força Barça.
    ggl007 wrote: »

I'm totally buying the poster of the match. This is not like a title, that lasts for a year. This is a comeback that will remain forever in our hearts even if we get eliminated in the round of 8.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I'm totally buying the poster of the match. This is not like a title, that lasts for a year. This is a comeback that will remain forever in our hearts even if we get eliminated in the round of 8.

I agree. We've seen Barça winning all the titles (more than once!), but that night... NOBODY had seen something like that before.
    The greatness of football: we Barça fans were on the glory after the CL comeback, today we deservedly lost to a team fighting to avoid relegation. Now we depend of what Real Madrid does, again, to win the League.

What a sport, guys! Yesterday you're on, today you're off...
    Alex Neil has been sacked by Norwich,with the club still ok in 8th place ...

Barry I am surprised it did not happen a little earlier? Think we are resigned to the Championship for another season now. I personally hope that Gary Rowett will take the job although I understand Alan Pardew is heavily linked. Have to say I am not a fan of his despite his achievements. Guess we will have to see?
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 19,339
    You were stagnant ,but a play off chance was there...Rowett will get you promoted,maybe this season via the play offs but more time for next season...i used to take my family to Great Yarmouth every year via Norwich so it means a lot ,and green and yellow are my to favourite colours ,so i always look out for Norwich results...fingers crossed.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    McLaren sacked by Derby.........again.
    Yep...these clubs are so desparate
    You were stagnant ,but a play off chance was there...Rowett will get you promoted,maybe this season via the play offs but more time for next season...i used to take my family to Great Yarmouth every year via Norwich so it means a lot ,and green and yellow are my to favourite colours ,so i always look out for Norwich results...fingers crossed.

Looks like Rowett is heading for Derby?!!! No doubt we will sit back and let it happen? ~X(
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Looks like Rowett is heading for Derby?!!! No doubt we will sit back and let it happen? ~X(

I think its because he was a Derby player..but he should still be Birmingham manager,after all he did for them .

Looks like the Canaries are getting Alan Pardew from what i have seen .

RogueAgent wrote: »

I think its because he was a Derby player..but he should still be Birmingham manager,after all he did for them .

Looks like the Canaries are getting Alan Pardew from what i have seen .

How the almighty has fallen.