"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

vzok wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    You were stagnant ,but a play off chance was there...Rowett will get you promoted,maybe this season via the play offs but more time for next season...i used to take my family to Great Yarmouth every year via Norwich so it means a lot ,and green and yellow are my to favourite colours ,so i always look out for Norwich results...fingers crossed.

Looks like Rowett is heading for Derby?!!! No doubt we will sit back and let it happen? ~X(

I think its because he was a Derby player..but he should still be Birmingham manager,after all he did for them .

Looks like the Canaries are getting Alan Pardew from what i have seen .

How the almighty has fallen.

Pardew,Norwich or both ?

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Chelsea 1 - Man Utd 0

Get in
  • RC7RC7
    Benny wrote: »
    Chelsea 1 - Man Utd 0

Get in

Gutted, for obvious reasons, that the referee lost his balls, but you're a better side at the moment. Surprised you couldn't score more than 1 against our 10.

Never a second yellow.
    Great match,and then it gets screwed...the sending off changed it all.. a weak 2nd yellow tbh.
    im an Arsenal fan and i didnt care who went through,but it should have been 11 v 11 on the pitch.
  • RC7RC7
    It was never a second yellow. Oliver lost it.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 14,882
    RC7 wrote: »
    Chelsea 1 - Man Utd 0

Get in

Gutted, for obvious reasons, that the referee lost his balls, but you're a better side at the moment. Surprised you couldn't score more than 1 against our 10.

Never a second yellow.

Mourinho predictably parked the bus. Makes it hard to get through.

;)
    Oooh...i think i will stay out of this conversation and concentrate on Man City...
  • RC7RC7
    Chelsea 1 - Man Utd 0

Get in

Never a second yellow.

;)

The talk was 5-0 pre-match. Thought you might've squeezed a second.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Tough after going down to 10 men, United did well to keep Score down... Onto next game. Prior to sending off no bus was parked, United were pressing high.
    Parking the bus, regardless if you are ten or eleven, is easy. Breaking through will always require significantly more skill.
  • RC7RC7
    jobo wrote: »
    Parking the bus, regardless if you are ten or eleven, is easy. Breaking through will always require significantly more skill.

Hence why I'm surprised they only scored one.
    Chelsea 1 - Man Utd 0

Get in

Never a second yellow.

;)

We only needed one.
    ;)

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39176050

Chelsea
    Possession 73%
    Shots 20
    On Target 5
    Fouls 7

Man Utd
    Possession 27%
    Shots 4
    On Target 1
    Fouls 14

I thought the old rivals would've put up more of a fight.
  • RC7RC7
    Chelsea 1 - Man Utd 0

Get in

Never a second yellow.

;)

We only needed one.
    ;)

Chelsea
    Possession 73%
    Shots 20
    On Target 5
    Fouls 7

Man Utd
    Possession 27%
    Shots 4
    On Target 1
    Fouls 14

We were giving it a go before the sending off. Played a lot more positively than I'd expected, especially considering the line up. The odds were well against us even with 11, so the red just extinguished any scant hope. Certainly more dignified than our joke of a performance earlier in the season.

How do you reckon you'll fair against Spurs?
    Without sounding arrogant. I think Spurs have been one of the few teams that have been a threat and a challenge for Chelsea this season.
    Though ultimately I think we should get the job done.

Going back to Utd, it was a much weaker side than I would've expected, for such a clash.
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 6,432
    United had injuries Jose got his tactics spot on until sending off, considering United's fixture's made sense to do what he did.
    Niasse!
    You were stagnant ,but a play off chance was there...Rowett will get you promoted,maybe this season via the play offs but more time for next season...i used to take my family to Great Yarmouth every year via Norwich so it means a lot ,and green and yellow are my to favourite colours ,so i always look out for Norwich results...fingers crossed.

Looks like Rowett is heading for Derby?!!! No doubt we will sit back and let it happen? ~X(

I think its because he was a Derby player..but he should still be Birmingham manager,after all he did for them .

Pardew,Norwich or both ?

I hope it's not Pardew?!!!

Pardew,Norwich or both ?

The BBC Sport website is saying its looking like its going to be Roy Hodgson,who is a good friend of Delia Smith.

Good luck with that !!

Pardew,Norwich or both ?

Pardew (in his mind).
    Chelsea 1 - Man Utd 0

Get in

Never a second yellow.

;)

We only needed one.
    ;)

Chelsea
    Possession 73%
    Shots 20
    On Target 5
    Fouls 7

Man Utd
    Possession 27%
    Shots 4
    On Target 1
    Fouls 14

LVG would have got more possession %

Pardew,Norwich or both ?

The BBC Sport website is saying its looking like its going to be Roy Hodgson,who is a good friend of Delia Smith.

Good luck with that !!

Blimey? That would be like Mike Bassett England manager in reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Hahaha even worse !!!

Maybe your team should have a pre-season friendly against Iceland next season ?
    Hahaha even worse !!!

Scarey days!!! 8-X
    On a different note? Fair play to Leicester!
    So far i have to say im impressed..i dont have BT Sport but have been checking in on Soccer Special on SKY...
    Listening to it on bbc interactive.
  • RC7RC7
    Incredible.
    Fair play to them,but it still leaves a sour taste as to why they couldnt play like this for Ranieri .
    I've gone right off Leicester
    Me too ,tbh.