"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Fair play to them,but it still leaves a sour taste as to why they couldnt play like this for Ranieri .

This.

Certainly impressive stuff but before we start applauding the players shouldn't we be docking their wages for taking the piss all season?

But fans are fickle. Look at Chelsea - downing tools last season all forgotten now.
  • RC7RC7
    Fair play to them,but it still leaves a sour taste as to why they couldnt play like this for Ranieri .

This.

Certainly impressive stuff but before we start applauding the players shouldn't we be docking their wages for taking the piss all season?

But fans are fickle. Look at Chelsea - downing tools last season all forgotten now.

The truth.
    But for Leicester to win the Premiership (yes i still have to pinch myself) and then to not play for the manager and complain to the directors is disgusting.

If Shakespeare,who i dont like the look of,and im sure he had something to do with it,thinks he wont be treated the same way ,then he is deluded.
    But for Leicester to win the Premiership (yes i still have to pinch myself) and then to not play for the manager and complain to the directors is disgusting.

If Shakespeare,who i dont like the look of,and im sure he had something to do with it,thinks he wont be treated the same way ,then he is deluded.

With you on Shakespeare. Clearly a right weasel who stabbed Claudio in the back.

There are plenty of unscrupulous coaches out there who make up for their lack of ability by licking the arses of these clueless foreign owners. Shades of Steve Kean at Blackburn. Shakespeare will be gone by October at the latest with Leicester probably in the bottom three.

With you on Shakespeare. Clearly a right weasel who stabbed Claudio in the back.

There are plenty of unscrupulous coaches out there who make up for their lack of ability by licking the arses of these clueless foreign owners. Shades of Steve Kean at Blackburn. Shakespeare will be gone by October at the latest with Leicester probably in the bottom three.

If that happens Wizard,i will raise a glass to it.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Shakespeare isn't that kind, and can't be judged because he looks like a 'weasel'. He has been there for years, and has been a trusted and much loved assistant to the last two managers. Popular with everyone at the club. He wouldn't stab Claudio in the back.

In the end the owners are not stupid, they also have stood by managers even when the game was up (we were stranded at the bottom until the last 9 games of the 14/15 season. Pearson was not sacked, and saw it through with 8 wins out of 9). They don't do knee jerk, so Claudio went because they couldn't see the club relegated and something had to give. Still not out of the woods by a long chalk, but the decision is proving to be the right one. The fans have given Claudio a great send off but they noticeably have not turned on the owners. That would be biting the hand that feeds you.
    Yeah but the decision only looks right as the players have miraculously found their form the instant the manager they wanted out has been sacked.

What was the players' issue with Ranieri?
    All I can gather is that he kept altering the system that the players were comfortable with. I know teams should be able to adapt to any system, but when Claudio left Shakespeare immediately picked the team from last season, with Ndidi in place of Kante and they clicked back into gear.
    Claudio had bought some expensive players in the Summer and like all managers seemed determined to prove they were worth the money. Jury still out on those guys, but the team of last season just know each others game so well.

Claudio was popular, but I think the players were getting frustrated, and as soon as that happened they were on a slippery slope.

Mind you, the rot set in from game one at Hull when they were still hung over from last season and Vardy was still being celebrated, had a book out etc. No one was ready to go again.
    Now, they seem up for a fight. And next season a clear out will have to happen.
    NicNac wrote: »
    All I can gather is that he kept altering the system that the players were comfortable with. I know teams should be able to adapt to any system, but when Claudio left Shakespeare immediately picked the team from last season, with Ndidi in place of Kante and they clicked back into gear.
    Claudio had bought some expensive players in the Summer and like all managers seemed determined to prove they were worth the money. Jury still out on those guys, but the team of last season just know each others game so well.

Claudio was popular, but I think the players were getting frustrated, and as soon as that happened they were on a slippery slope.

Mind you, the rot set in from game one at Hull when they were still hung over from last season and Vardy was still being celebrated, had a book out etc. No one was ready to go again.
    Now, they seem up for a fight. And next season a clear out will have to happen.

And Hull were good value :)
    Yea they were. I do like Hull ;)
    Middlesborough manager,Aitor Karanka,has been sacked.
    Middlesborough manager,Aitor Karanka,has been sacked.

It seems that we are most definately at that time of year again in the managerial merry go round again!
    Well they only have 11 games to save themselves,and they are 3 points from safety already.
    The problem is that they have nobody to play alongside or feed Negrado.
    Hopefully for them, a new manager will inject some attacking prowess into their game.
    Fair point? Who do you see going their?
    Pardew or Ranieri would be good choices..i just hope for their sake its not bloody Steve Mac !!
    Pardew or Ranieri would be good choices..i just hope for their sake its not bloody Steve Mac !!

:)) Will possibly see by the weekend?
    I would think so,Steve Gibson doesn't hang around,and they most already have a man in place,ready to come in,as they are running out of games .
    Hodgson?
    God I hope not for their sake.

He cant handle changing a match tactically,they would definitely go down with him.

He cant handle changing a match tactically,they would definitely go down with him.

Premiership proven
    vzok wrote: »

Premiership proven

Icelandic proven as well.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 9,117

Premiership proven

The captain of the Titanic was the White Star Line's top man and 'proven' in commanding a ship. What's your point?

Sunk by an iceberg/sunk by Iceland - they're both career enders. No one in the Premier league or championship would touch him now surely. I'd be surprised if they'd even have him back in Sweden.
  • GBFGBF
    I guess Captain Smith would have prefered Roy Hodgson's career end...
    GBF wrote: »
    I guess Captain Smith would have prefered Roy Hodgson's career end...

And I dare say most England fans inside that stadium in Nice would be than overjoyed to see Roy at the bottom of the Atlantic.
    Hear hear Wizard,damn right....
    No Harry Maguire in the England squad?!
    No...which i have to admit im surprised about..he has been playing top notch all season.
    Doubt Livermore would have got the call up if he was still at Hull.
    Thats another surprise...we seem to be getting desparate...as usual.

Premiership proven

The captain of the Titanic was the White Star Line's top man and 'proven' in commanding a ship. What's your point?

Sunk by an iceberg/sunk by Iceland - they're both career enders. No one in the Premier league or championship would touch him now surely. I'd be surprised if they'd even have him back in Sweden.

My point was ironic