"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Good God....my team really are shit...

Pitiful. Started off like a joke then actually did well to work their way back into it. The moment they equalised they went back to being a joke again!

well thats it all over again for yet ANOTHER season

Like if you'd won today your season wouldn't be over?

Sorry to break it to you old son but your season's been over for a good 6 weeks now. It's marked on the calendar these days like lent and May Day. Penultimate Wednesday in February - Officially the last day of Arsenal's season.

I know...i think i've been lying to myself................................once again...a yearly ritual !!

Yearly for the last decade.

Still cheer up; with Arsene having signed for two more years, by all accounts, this time next year Rodders you'll be in the Champions League final.
    Good God....my team really are shit...

Pitiful. Started off like a joke then actually did well to work their way back into it. The moment they equalised they went back to being a joke again!

well thats it all over again for yet ANOTHER season

Like if you'd won today your season wouldn't be over?

Sorry to break it to you old son but your season's been over for a good 6 weeks now. It's marked on the calendar these days like lent and May Day. Penultimate Wednesday in February - Officially the last day of Arsenal's season.

I know...i think i've been lying to myself................................once again...a yearly ritual !!

Yearly for the last decade.

Still cheer up; with Arsene having signed for two more years, by all accounts, this time next year Rodders you'll be in the Champions League final.

At this rate the only final we will be in is the 'Checkatrade Trophy'...
    Champions League Final 32
    I wonder if we lose again tonight? Whether the board will finally appoint a new Manager at our club?!! Farcical does not even come close to what I truly think!
    Has anyone got a gun ? i cant take any more shit from my football team...they are so light-weight and even arguing amongst themselves.

Sanchez and Ozil's body language is bloody terrible....yet another bad day to be an Arsenal fan here.
    Has anyone got a gun ? i cant take any more shit from my football team...they are so light-weight and even arguing amongst themselves.

Sanchez and Ozil's body language is bloody terrible....yet another bad day to be an Arsenal fan here.

Yeah, one can hardly call that group a team. That rumored "catalyst for change" must happen soon!
    Im afraid it must...we need to re-build and stop this image of being easy to bully,which is blatantly obvious tonight that we are indeed being bullied.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 17,295
    Absolutely correct. If there's a moment to spend all that money "saved" on not buying word class players these last few years, it's now. Sick of hearing about those players that almost ended up in Arsenal.

Time to show some muscles both on the field and the transfer market, and build that team!
    The difference between Palace's #11 and ours (Zaha & Ozil) is almost embarrassing .
    The difference between Palace's #11 and ours (Zaha & Ozil) is almost embarrassing .

It's difficult to watch, to be honest. I mean, there's nothing good to say about this game so far. No one (even Sánchez) are doing their job. Giroud on now. Hoping for that scorpion finish of his!
    Well that's that then....totally humiliated...AGAIN...why do i bother.
    This season is finished for sure. A penalty that never should have been given, too. Luckily, my "other" team, Rosenborg - enjoy success these days. Three wins out of three games this season so far - four if you count a Community Shield-type trophy. On top of that, two goals and one assist came from no other than Nicklas "Lord" Bendtner!
    Bendtner ?? talk about rubbing salt in the wounds hahaha !!!
    This season is finished for sure. A penalty that never should have been given, too. Luckily, my "other" team, Rosenborg - enjoy success these days. Three wins out of three games this season so far - four if you count a Community Shield-type trophy. On top of that, two goals and one assist came from no other than Nicklas "Lord" Bendtner!

He's in good form
    Bendtner ?? talk about rubbing salt in the wounds hahaha !!!

Seriously, he's a perfect fit for Rosenborg. A big target man is just what Rosenborg needed right now. With just one month pre-season, even an out of form Bendtner has shown good qualities. On top of that he's signed for a club that know what team mentality is. If Arsenal had shown just a little bit of that team spirit, top four would have been an easy goal.

If it was anywhere but Arsenal I'd say the game must be up surely but they'll probably announce he's signed another 2 years in the morning.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19,339
    Ozil has to go...enough is enough...all he does is pass short,and collect his paycheck...the fans even shouting 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' to the Arsenal players,and they are right...

The only player that has TRIED tonight is Monreal of all players.
    Ozil has to go...enough is enough...all he does is pass short,and collect his paycheck...the fans even shouting 'you're not fit to wear the shirt' to the Arsenal players,and they are right...

Monreal is target of a lot of negativity. Tonight is not the case. The other ten players, though...
    Arsenal aren't out of the running yet. Man U's run in is tricky

Monreal is target of a lot of negativity. Tonight is not the case. The other ten players, though...

Agreed.

vzok wrote: »

Believe me,from a hardcore Arsenal fan since 1979 when i was 9 years old,they are out of it..God knows what is going to happen after this finishes...post match comments and interviews on SKY should be interesting .
    That's true, but I've seen enough of Zlatan to know that he'll probably make those goals needed for United to win those last few games.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 9,117

Why would a big club come in for Ozil? He might have a World Cup winners medal but got absolutely no arsehole when his team are up against it. Pathetic.

Agreed.

vzok wrote: »

Believe me,from a hardcore Arsenal fan since 1979 when i was 9 years old,they are out of it..God knows what is going to happen after this finishes...post match comments and interviews on SKY should be interesting .

Not to talk about Arsenal FanTV! :-P
    Where have they hidden Lucas Pérez, by the way? Out injured again?

Rumours has it, that Patrick Vieira may be on the way back to Arsenal in one form of capacity. Do hope that happens.

Seriously, are they not even facing their own fans on the way out of the pitch? That is just pathetic.

Why would a big club come in for Ozil? He might have a World Cup winners medal but got absolutely no arsehole when his team are up against it. Pathetic.

Thats the worry for me now Wizard,that no team wants that lazy waste of space..

Just can't understand how Wenger has failed to at least keep his players fit. This game was just hard to watch after a while, and every time you looked at the screen, I saw the majority of the Arsenal players just standing there. Can't see how the club can continue in this way. I think it's more likely that Wenger will stay, so what will change around him, that's the question.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19,339

Just can't understand how Wenger has failed to at least keep his players fit. This game was just hard to watch after a while, and every time you looked at the screen, I saw the majority of the Arsenal players just standing there. Can't see how the club can continue in this way. I think it's more likely that Wenger will stay, so what will change around him, that's the question.

I saw that...no chasing down or covering positions of other players who were out of position,i think they are fit,they just dont give a shit,they know the manager will take the damage,they can just move to a new club...Wenger needs to go,but only because these players dont deserve him and i dont want his reputation as an Arsenal legend damaged by these wasters.

Arsene says he's worried. That's putting it mildly. Can't see Sánchez staying, and the lack of news on the managerial side can't do nothing but damage the club, the atmosphere and the standing of the club in general. I mean, how can they attract class players with all this going on? If there's no news about (at least) what direction the club is taking, I can't see the club getting out of this anytime soon.
    Arsene says he's worried. That's putting it mildly. Can't see Sánchez staying, and the lack of news on the managerial side can't do nothing but damage the club, the atmosphere and the standing of the club in general. I mean, how can they attract class players with all this going on? If there's no news about (at least) what direction the club is taking, I can't see the club getting out of this anytime soon.

Its a bad time....a really bad time..Arsene doesnt need this shit..he needs to move upstairs ..the man is a legend at Arsenal,i dont want him to lose that status.

Its a bad time....a really bad time..Arsene doesnt need this shit..he needs to move upstairs ..the man is a legend at Arsenal,i dont want him to lose that status.

That's really the worst thing that can happen. It looks like he's the only one in the club actually caring about it. But will Arsene move upstairs? He's been quoted with not wanting to quit managing.

I've warmed up to the idea of a Simeone or an Allegri taking the manager role. Heck, even Vieira for that matter. But I just can't see that happen. Actually, I really can't see what is going to change at all!

He already has son. There are kids today who don't remember him winning anything. All they know is he is a laughing stock and the longer this farce goes on the more his former greatness recedes into the past for the rest of us too.

Even if he goes now and you look back in 30 years you will say 'Oh yeah Arsene Wenger I remember him. The invincibles and then he had to be dragged off stage by his hair after 10 years of stagnation.' That's his legacy now.