"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Totally...
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Entertaining game Derby v Leicester in the F.A. Cup... coming up to half time Derby leading 2 - 1 second goal was a quality individual goal.

Robbie Savages hair :))
    FA Cup madness again! Great to see! OTBC!!!!
    Liverpool can't win a game in january ???
    I wonder if Liverpool have ever lost 3 games at Anfield,in a row,from 3 different competitions,in the same week :

SAT ,PREMIERSHIP : Swansea 2-3
    WED ,EFL CUP: Southampton 0-2
    SAT ,FA CUP : Wolves 1-2

???????
    Well done to Sutton Utd on beating Leeds Utd!!! =D>
  • GBFGBF
    Is Schweinsteiger back now?
    Phelan did well considering what he had to work with early in his tenure, the owners don't appear to be supporting the club at all.

As a Hull City supporter I can tell you that the current owners are an absolute joke. #AllamsOut
    Gutted we have sold Robbie Brady to Burnley?!!! We need players of his quality to get back in with a shout of possible promotion via the play offs? For me this sale has made that a whole lot harder!!!!!!!!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'll take a point at Anfield to take us 9 points clear.
    Great to see Arsenal and Spurs drop points as well.
    Bog off Benster...
  • A win for United Wednesday evening and we are back in the mix for the champions league [-O<
    Shit...i could cry...thats the end of our season once again.
  • Great goal by Hazard
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Great goal by Hazard

I was just about to say, surely a contender for goal of the season.

• edited February 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Benny wrote: »
    Great goal by Hazard

Agree I think it may just win it, reminded me a bit of Giggy's goal again scored against Arsenal. Not many players could score a goal like that, though Hazard really did make the Arsenal players look lightweight.

Edited: A win for United Sunday Afternoon and we are back in the mix for the champions league [-O<

United really need to stop spurning these chances to get back amongst the challengers, got to beat Leicester today.
    Brilliant goal from Hazard yesterday! Very classy indeed and took it well from start to finish.

On a separate note, well done to my boys too for an away win at Cardiff yesterday. Knocking on the door of the playoffs after a 3rd straight win! OTBC!!! :-bd
  • Jose initially set up with a 4 4 2 which did not work, changed things quick United beat Leicester with ease bizarre game. Second half was painful to watch, feel for Ranieri.
    Jose initially set up with a 4 4 2 which did not work, changed things quick United beat Leicester with ease bizarre game. Second half was painful to watch, feel for Ranieri.

They are certainly in a relegation mess now!
  • RogueAgent wrote: »
    Jose initially set up with a 4 4 2 which did not work, changed things quick United beat Leicester with ease bizarre game. Second half was painful to watch, feel for Ranieri.

They are certainly in a relegation mess now!
    Feels tragic as it's evident that Ranieri looks betrayed, many Leicester players are not trying from what I have seen. Casper Scheimachal comments were telling though he seemed to blame everyone.

Good win for Liverpool. About time.
    Great goal by Hazard

Agree I think it may just win it, reminded me a bit of Giggy's goal again scored against Arsenal. Not many players could score a goal like that, though Hazard really did make the Arsenal players look lightweight.

Messi has one of those at least every season...
  • jobo wrote: »
    Great goal by Hazard

Messi has one of those at least every season...

Yes that's true

Great thumping win from my Norwich boys over Forest yesterday. Great display and performance along with some stunning goals! Especially Johnny Howson's for the opener!!!! :-O ^:)^

Tuesdays home game against top of the table Newcastle should hopefully be a belter!! OTBC!!!! \m/
  • Just seen the Bayern v Arsenal result, ouch!
  • RC7RC7
    Barca torn a new one the other night.
    Just seen the Bayern v Arsenal result, ouch!

If you are an Arsenal supporter you get used to it,take it from one who knows....time for an overhaul.

• barryt007 wrote: »
    Just seen the Bayern v Arsenal result, ouch!

If you are an Arsenal supporter you get used to it,take it from one who knows....time for an overhaul.
    Arsenal need to learn to mix it up, though I think English sides are playing catch up with the rest of Europe.
  • GBFGBF
    Arsenal just can't win against Bayern. How often have they now played against each other in recent years...? Always the same result...
    All we do is finish 4th (apart from last years unconvincing 2nd finish) and then scrape through the group phase of the CL and go out in the last 16.

Its like Groundhog Day and its p****ing me off big time.