Bond 23 007 car

Comments

JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I never want to see Bond in a four door super car, thank you ;)

And the Bristol looks too much like a 90's Aston, imo. Not a modern look what so ever.

I love the Bristol, and the lotus is beautiful too, however I agree, I don't want to see Bond in a four door super car. So, if it was my choice, Aston Martin Virage & DB5 or the Bristol alone...
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 5,745
    b96a51c429d8915014a3933340f666d6.jpg&sa=X&ei=M19lT4KMC7L4sQLPmL23Dw&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHGOgUPCuvtDYirR3w2AvDubMsf_A
    c-x-75j-aguar-2.jpg&sa=X&ei=Dl9lT-TOA6mvsAKc8K23Dw&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNF3qcQ42ufZhTJ_e9DZsoj21Iaahg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,937
    Who gave you permission to take photos of my car? ;)

I could seriously see CraigBond bombing around in this. BTW what is it?
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 5,745
    QBranch wrote:
    Who gave you permission to take photos of my car? ;)

I could seriously see CraigBond bombing around in this. BTW what is it?

Jag C-X75

And yes, Craig could definitely roll up in this.
    very nice set of wheels! wow!
    Good shape, Good wheels, absolutly HORRIBLE headlights.
    I'd accept Bond with a top of the range Jag. Since JLR seem to be providing all the other cars already I don't see why this could't happen. May be he'll pick up the bespoke Jag in the Turkey scenes? The Evoque is a footballers' wives car tho - hope Q doesn't give him on of those.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    That last car has a Nice design, and is perfect for a movie... like 'I, Robot 2' lol, but not for Bond.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,937
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    That last car has a Nice design, and is perfect for a movie... like 'I, Robot 2' lol, but not for Bond.
    How do you figure? The Audi in the original 'I Robot' film was heaps more futuristic than this. This is straight up Bond's alley. It's like 'Roger Moore-Bond in a 2012 Lotus' awesome- and that is pretty bloody awesome.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    QBranch wrote:
    How do you figure? The Audi in the original 'I Robot' film was heaps more futuristic than this. This is straight up Bond's alley. It's like 'Roger Moore-Bond in a 2012 Lotus' awesome- and that is pretty bloody awesome.

It has a futuristic look closest to that Audi. 4 a Bond film, IMO, it doesn't fits.
    Okay. I respect your opinion :) But when we see Bond driving this car in the next film, you must promise to share your popcorn with me. ;)
    QBranch wrote:
    Okay. I respect your opinion :) But when we see Bond driving this car in the next film, you must promise to share your popcorn with me. ;)

hahaha surely :)
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 5
    lgyjqyqS.jpg

Has anyone mentioned the MP4-12C? It's really unlikely, but it's modern, British, and somewhat practical for daily driving based on the car mag's reviews. I can see Bond driving one of these in gunmetal grey as his personal car. It's been mentioned, but the Bentley was a full fledged supercar back in Fleming's day. I think this would be a good equivalent.
    I don't think we will see Bond in the Jag C-X75 since it is a concept car and at this point, not in production. If it does go into production, it looks like it will be a track car, not a road car.
    jaguar007 wrote:
    I don't think we will see Bond in the Jag C-X75 since it is a concept car and at this point, not in production. If it does go into production, it looks like it will be a track car, not a road car.

I have read that there will be a track version with gas turbines as you suggest, but also a version with a petrol engine that can be used on the road (a Jaguar engineer or manager has been misquoted in a number of articles).

Beautiful car as has been said but wouldn't be right with the current Bond character.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 612
    I've got a bit of a Theory regarding the DB5. I'll spoiler tag it.
    We know the DB5 is going to be in SkyFall, we know there's a burned carcass of it being made, and we now know Bond is supposed to die at the beginning of SkyFall, a la You Only Live Twice. What are the chances that the pre-credits sequence will be that DB5 chase we briefly heard about.

It could be a nod to a bunch of the classics. Bond would get a call to report to MI6 from M. That new Tonia Sotiropoulou actress could say that "Bond has just left" quote (a la TSWLM), Bond could be met by baddies while driving. This is when the DB5 would eventually explode, and the enemies (presumably Bardem's men) would think Bond is dead. Thus, the start of the movie.

I think that would be a proper way to start a classic Bond.

Also, with the announcement of the Jaguar F-Type, do you think Bond could give that a whirl? We know Jags are going to be in SkyFall. It's set to be revealed soon. We could probably see a short glimpse of it, maybe. It's going to be a brilliant car.
    Wow, these cars with some "optional extras installed" could be the equivalent of the Lotus and the Lotus Turbo that Moore had. Please, make this happen!
    Wow, these cars with some "optional extras installed" could be the equivalent of the Lotus and the Lotus Turbo that Moore had. Please, make this happen!

I'd love to see the new Esprit appear in Bond 24. Maybe no submarine this time, but a FYEO-type Lotus would be wicked.

I'd love to see the new Esprit appear in Bond 24. Maybe no submarine this time, but a FYEO-type Lotus would be wicked.

That would be awesome! And what about the ultra-fast Aston Martin that was rumored to become a new Bond car?

That would be awesome! And what about the ultra-fast Aston Martin that was rumored to become a new Bond car?

Not sure what that one would be. The One-77? I think Bond should stay with a long-legged GT car. The DBS is due for a refreshing soon. Same goes for the DB9. We should be seeing something new around 2015.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082

Not sure what that one would be. The One-77? I think Bond should stay with a long-legged GT car. The DBS is due for a refreshing soon. Same goes for the DB9. We should be seeing something new around 2015.

That´s the one, I remember the name now. But I can´t recall what it looks like. I will google it.

Edit: That one would work, as would Vanquish, DBS or whatever. But FCWL´s idea about the Lotus is even more appealing. A BMW could work also. But please put gadgets into the cars again. A new Lotus Espirit with missiles, oil slick etc...Heaven.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 5,745
    I've got a bit of a Theory regarding the DB5. I'll spoiler tag it.
    We know the DB5 is going to be in SkyFall, we know there's a burned carcass of it being made, and we now know Bond is supposed to die at the beginning of SkyFall, a la You Only Live Twice. What are the chances that the pre-credits sequence will be that DB5 chase we briefly heard about.

It could be a nod to a bunch of the classics. Bond would get a call to report to MI6 from M. That new Tonia Sotiropoulou actress could say that "Bond has just left" quote (a la TSWLM), Bond could be met by baddies while driving. This is when the DB5 would eventually explode, and the enemies (presumably Bardem's men) would think Bond is dead. Thus, the start of the movie.

I think that would be a proper way to start a classic Bond.

Why that would be fun,
    there are photos of the DB5's burnt carcass at the Skyfall manor. So a chase was not the reason behind that set piece. But it still could be something along those lines.
    Seeing the contract with Jaguar im pretty sure it will be the Jaguar F Type that will be released in 2013

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/jaguar-f-type-arrives-2013-e-type-long-163031996.html
    hart008 wrote:
    Seeing the contract with Jaguar im pretty sure it will be the Jaguar F Type that will be released in 2013

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/jaguar-f-type-arrives-2013-e-type-long-163031996.html

From all the information we have, and given the locations, sadly I don't think we'll have a car chase. And if the F-type isn't in a chase, and we know Bond drives the db5 to his home, I don't think the car will be in the film. Hopefully next time, though!
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    hart008 wrote:

From all the information we have, and given the locations, sadly I don't think we'll have a car chase. And if the F-type isn't in a chase, and we know Bond drives the db5 to his home, I don't think the car will be in the film. Hopefully next time, though!

Oh man Bond without a car chase ......
    Dont tell me they will change it to the subway chase ....Bond in a train
    hart008 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    hart008 wrote:

Oh man Bond without a car chase ......
    Dont tell me they will change it to the subway chase ....Bond in a train

Well there is the bike chase.. that involves cars. But Bond is on a bike as far as we've determined. (But are not sure). But there's no sign of any sports cars besides the DB5
    Did anyone mention the New Aston Martin V12 Zagato??

http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/v12-zagato

I'd love to see a car chase between a Bond-driven Zagato and those lame Ferrari/Lamborghinis. :P

Ferrari/Lambo lovers, no disrespect, I like them, but when I see AM.... It's a whole different world! Please don't hate me! hah!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This:

Nissan-Deltawing-3.jpg

Give Bond his own batmobile. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote:
    This:

Nissan-Deltawing-3.jpg

Give Bond his own batmobile. ;-)

:))
    And maybe merge the Batman and Bond brands and have them in a single movie working side by side.. :P
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    hart008 wrote:

Yes and No. The 2nd unit took Bond stunt driver and former British rally champion Mark Higgins for three days filming in China on some motorways there, suggesting something more adventurous than just arriving somewhere, but smaller in scale than a full on chase sequence. Perhaps Bond trying to lose a tail with some swift lane changes in heavy traffic???

A sequence of this type could have been easily filmed discreetly with an F-type prototype. The BMW Z8 in TWINE was a kit car with a fake Z8 shell on it and the DBS was in CR long before the car went on sale.

Who knows though a Jaguar saloon or Land Rover might be just as likely, or perhaps the sequence sees Severine in the F-type convertible be admired by Bond who is tailing her from the airport in a Range Rover or taxi or something.

This discussion has been closed.