Your B-day / MI6 anniversary thread

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Congrats on your anniversary, @MajorDSmythe. Both of our memberships are 12 years old now.

You're a good friend.

And mommie is very proud of you.

jason-voorhees-and-mrs-voorhees.jpg
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thanks Dimi, thanks mama...

thumb2.jpg
    "......................"
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Everyone is proud of you.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Everyone is proud of you.

Even mommy.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Not the messiah, just a very naughty boy.
    Congrats Major !
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Congrats Major! Well done! Now on to the next 12 years ;-)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Give this man a medal for long service! Possibly also good conduct; I wouldn't know.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    With July 2017 well and past us, I've officially reached beyond my 006th anniversary on this forum. It's crazy that it's been over half a decade since a bored kid in the summer leading to his high school senior year logged on to a random forum he found for a character he'd been obsessed with for two years previous and wanted to share that passion.

I owe quite a lot to many folks here who've become friends, some old, some new, for indulging me and giving me the chance to have some of the most fun, enriching and passionate debates and talks I'll ever have anywhere. It was this forum where I really became driven to do film analysis and reviews, which has led to doing so many comprehensive reviews on the Bond films I love and start a blog dedicated to them, and where I've been able to share what it is about the character that I find special. Without the forum and the people in it all these thoughts would've just staled inside me with no place to go, so the choice I made so many summers ago has given that passion a home. These factors have also allowed me to learn so much more about the character than I could've anywhere else from members who were just as enraptured by James Bond and his world, making me a more knowledgable fan along the way.

I don't know what the future will bring but in any event I would hope to always find some time, however minimal, for this place and the friends I've made here. Cheers.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Congratulations!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Congrats @OBrady! It sure is a place where one lingers. Keep up your good work developing your talents, and you're bound to get that scriptwriter's position at EON ;-)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I've only been around for a fraction of that time, Brady, but you're one of the people I always enjoy talking to. Congrats on your anniversary!
    Bravo Brady !!
    Happy Anniversary!
    bastard.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Congrats @OBrady! It sure is a place where one lingers. Keep up your good work developing your talents, and you're bound to get that scriptwriter's position at EON ;-)

Oh god, I don't think I could handle the criticism I'd get here with that job. I'd still be a member when threads with titles like, "MI6's Own Long-Time Member Turned Bond Screenwriter is Even Worse Than Purvis & Wade." I'd have to ban myself from the forum to avoid the shame of it all. *Gulp*
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I've only been around for a fraction of that time, Brady, but you're one of the people I always enjoy talking to. Congrats on your anniversary!

The thoughts are very much reciprocated, @Agent_99. You're the best of the new guard.
    Happy Anniversary!
    bastard.gif

I love you too.
    fThcUFS.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Happy anniversary, @Brady
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    On this day 10 years ago, I joined MI6Community (or MI6Forums as it was called at the time). My then 16 years old self transformed into a 26 years old midget, bearded version of Roger Moore. Funnily enough, my membership on these forums pre-dates Liam Neeson's action star career by only a few months ('Taken' came out in February 2008 in France).

Liam%2BNeeson.gif
    Happy Anniversary! I am celebrating with a grapefruit soda.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Should've included that long drag from the cigarette, @DaltonCraig007! Congratulations on a full decade, my friend. I'm sure that time has flown by for you.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,691
    @Creasy47 I tried searching for a gif with the cigarette, but couldn't find one! Probably wasn't uploaded online because Neeson's badassery would have broken the internet.

Thank you and @Thunderfinger, however!
    Always great to see you around the place, @DaltonCraig007. If you weren't here I'd miss out on a lot of movie news and trailers, and a lot of great discussions about them and Bond. Here's to many more years.

tumblr_ntlscqAZJp1uqe8iio1_500.gif
    edited August 2017 Posts: 15,691
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 That means a lot to me! You and @Creasy47 are some of the only members I remember to have talked to frequently from the very beginning of the current forums! I'm really glad to have know you guys (and @DarthDimi / @MajorDSmythe from then too) for all these years.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 That means a lot to me! You and @Creasy47 are some of the only members I remember to have talked to frequently from the very beginning of the current forums! I'm really glad to have know you guys (and @DarthDimi / @MajorDSmythe from then too) for all these years.

It's been fun, for sure. I remember the hiatus you had too, but have been pleased to see that you've remained with us since you came back. Always nice to have familiar faces around.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

Always nice to have you around - not too many people I can celebrate all this action news with, so don't go anywhere!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Tony Jaa is going to celebrate by busting a move (and a face... and a glass pane)...

tenor.gif

Happy anniversary @DaltonCraig007.
    Thanks, @MajorDSmythe. :D

giphy.gif
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    @DaltonCraig007

Happy Anniversary and do you know how many films you have seen in that decade?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Happy anniversary, DC007!

tumblr_lee_byung_hun_actor.gif
    Thanks @BondJasonBond006 and @DarthDimi - is that Lee Byung-Hun I see there in that gif? :D

As for how many films I've seen since then - too many to count!