SPECTRE Spoilerish News and discussions

Comments

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,936
    Skyfall007Fan @Skyfall007Fan
    British Board of Film Classification classifies #Skyfall video blogs as U, perhaps for Blu-Ray/DVD
    http://www.bbfc.co.uk/search/?searchwhere=db&q=skyfall

('U' classification means: Universal – Suitable for all)

UK cinema chain Cineworld St Helens multiplex #CineStHelens blabs that #Skyfall advance booking starts this Friday Oct. 14
    THIS friday and then Oct. 14th? How long in advance is it normally? Would Sept 14th be too early?
    I'm sure Friday, Sept 14th is what they meant. Someone's got their dates mixed up- but yes, it would seem a little early.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Yup, because 14th Oct is a Sunday. I will put it in with a ?

One of my fellow Brits asked at her local cinema and they thought, it would be around 1st week Octoer. maybe its different throughout the UK or someting is dead wrong.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Great news. I'll be sure to book soon. I don't want to miss out.
  • RC7RC7
    It'll be no sooner than about Monday 1st October IMO.
    will get my tickets asap! can't wait!
    At Montreal Raw , Jerry Lawler got a heart attack after a match and nearly died , he's now in intensive care.
    #Skyfall's Ralph 'Mallory' Fiennes tells Canadian media he hasn't seen #Skyfall but 'I hear early noises...are good'
    http://metronews.ca/features/tiff-2012/366481/tiff-2012-q-a-with-ralph-fiennes/
    @Skyfall007Fan learns secrets of #Skyfall helicopters to be revealed after movie's world première; summer announcement delayed #JamesBond
    Dunno, if that will be anything of substance...

4h Gemma Lucy Press ‏@GemmaLucyPress
    Fab interview with #Skyfall costume designer Jany Temime. V excited to publish her thoughts on fittings with the gorg Daniel Craig
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Swarovski's 'James Bond' jewelry collections (with new photo of Sévérine):

http://popstyle.ew.com/2012/09/12/accessorized-to-kill-swavorskis-james-bond-jewelry-collections/
    James Bond @007

GOLDENEYE poster signed by the producers goes to the best Bond fan photo/fact/trivia received by Mon 9pm BST
    https://twitter.com/007

Good luck!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,350
    QBranch wrote:
    @Skyfall007Fan learns secrets of #Skyfall helicopters to be revealed after movie's world première; summer announcement delayed #JamesBond

I'd like to find out more about what this could mean. Does anyone have any more information?
    Haven't heard anything else about it. You could tweet @Skyfall007Fan, but I doubt he'll spill the beans just yet. His info seems reliable, though.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Who is this guy, does anyone knows? Being an internet Bond fan, he should be around. Right?
    Champagne Bollinger @BollingerUK
    Enter our competition with @HarrodsMen to win an exclusive #002for007 edition & 2 tickets to a VIP Skyfall screening
    A-ha to receive "Order of St Olav" medal......
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Empire - "We met three Bond girls today. Tania Mallett brought her knitting, left the sniper rifle at home"
    A3U-BliCEAE7caQ.jpg:large

Empire - "Made off with Bond swag, including new James Bond eau de toilette. This needs a new name! Any ideas?"

A3VARcfCMAMMFE5.jpg
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    100 JAMES BOND POSTCARDS! AWESOME!!!
  • Tracy wrote:
    A-ha to receive "Order of St Olav" medal......

Poor them. Olaf was a mass murderer.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Well done Pierce! I'm actually surprised by this. As for Connery, pffft what else is new? I swear, harboring grudges over money must be the primary factor that's keeping him alive.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    And there's this:

"Former leading men like Pierce Brosnan and Roger Moore and directors Michael Apted, Martin Campbell and Guy Hamilton have all contributed to tens of extra hours of commentaries and content about their role in the movies in the box set."

Great to hear. Pierce has a much more genuine reason to grudge, but he is showing maturity and professionalism. Good on the man. Much respect to him for all he has done. =D>

@Creasy47 will love this news! :)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837

I really respect Brosan for this, because if I were him I'd still be pissed off with EON and I'd tell them to stick their boxset up their arses.

I do think Connery can do what he wants and we he doesn't owe us anything, but I also think Brosnan has a much more legitmate reason to be angry with EON and he's not snubbing them.

Brosnan is a legend.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The issue with Connery is, that he's deliberately being difficult because he feels he was hard done by or ripped off. It's all about money for him. It's got nothing to do with being mature or celebrating with the fans or anything, he's intentionally being selfish and for what? Harry and Cubby are dead, Connery is still alive and enjoying life.

Every other Bond actor is making some sort of contribution and being mature about it because what's the point of being a miserable and selfish git about things that no longer matter? Like others have said, I think Brosnan and even Dalton are the 2 actors who by all means should have an issue with EoN but hey, they're being grown ups about it.

I'll always love and respect Connery for being the best Bond but what ever, if he doesn't want to take part he can piss off.
    "Connery’s take from the six films he starred in for MGM: $3 million."

In his defence, that is pretty atrocious for the man considered the best Bond and whose role in the franchise has been used to promote it for decades.
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 183
    Volante wrote:

In his defence, that is pretty atrocious for the man considered the best Bond and whose role in the franchise has been used to promote it for decades.

But don't forget all that inflation - he was hugely over paid for DAF if I remember correctly, so much so he gave some of it away... that number maybe a lot different today...
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 774
    TPM007 wrote:
    Volante wrote:

But don't forget all that inflation - he was hugely over paid for DAF if I remember correctly so much so he gave some of it away... that number maybe a lot different today...

He gave all of it away. Easy for us to call him selfish now, but considering his charitable gestures in the past I think his decision now is one of principle rather than money. It's not the money that he wants, it's the fact that he feels he was cheated. Though I don't know the man.