Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    "We needed to go big and we did".

Love it! Go big or go home.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    For $1 more you can go Large. ;) supersize me now.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I am really pumped for Jason Bourne - I'm going to watch each of the previous 3 films several times in a row when there'll be 2 weeks to go.
    I like how it says, "Rated PG13" right after Bourne stamps the guy into the ground :-)).
    I enjoy the Bourne films, but honestly couldn't tell one from another. They all just
    Meld in to a big genetic action mess. :D I've never seen the one with "The other fella"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Thunderpussy, in the case of The Bourne Legacy, Renner's character could have easily been scripted as saying, "all this happened to the other fella," because's it's essentially a poorer repackaging of the Damon films, with half the quality.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Thanks, I will watch it sometime but I'm in no big hurry.
    I enjoy the Bourne films, but honestly couldn't tell one from another. They all just
    Meld in to a big genetic action mess. :D I've never seen the one with "The other fella"

Pretty much sums up how I feel. I never saw the one with the other fella either. With this new one I just don't get why it's just titled Jason Bourne. The other films had pretty cool titles. This one just seems trite.

ToTheRight wrote: »

Pretty much sums up how I feel. I never saw the one with the other fella either. With this new one I just don't get why it's just titled Jason Bourne. The other films had pretty cool titles. This one just seems trite.
    No it´s not, because the first three movies were about Bourne finding out who he really is. Now we see not what the guy trying to find himself does, but what the guy himself does! The only difficulty will be to find a follow-up title.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    The Bourne Revelation.
    Murdock wrote: »
    The Bourne Revelation.

I like that much better and more in line with the other films.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A new TV spot has been released:

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I'm loving everything I see of this film. It's going to be a huge hit both critically and financially.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Daaamn, Bourne isn't playing about.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Jason-Bourne-international-poster.jpeg

EDIT: Thanks to @ClarkDevlin, a new TV spot:

Jason-Bourne-international-poster.jpeg

EDIT: Thanks to @ClarkDevlin, a new TV spot:

I have had the promo pic of Lucas till as Macgyver be my phone background since May but that poster is so cool it might actually cause me to change my background !

Can I assume these new trailers/TV spots show off some great scenes? I still haven't seen any footage of this since that last trailer I watched months back.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Can I assume these new trailers/TV spots show off some great scenes? I still haven't seen any footage of this since that last trailer I watched months back.
    Me too. Bourne bloodied standing in front of a mirror (the signature shot, copied by Bond in the first 3 Craig outings - at least I think that's what I'm looking at with that screen shot) reassures me that this is going to kick some serious 'a' though..
    According to Greengrass, the film will have one of the best chases we'll have ever seen. And not forgetting that 'The Raid' director Gareth Evans is claiming his new action film will have the craziest car chase ever. So we could get some epic chases in the coming years.
    @DaltonCraig007, is that for his movie 'Blister'? I knew he had a few non-'Raid' films planned before he did the third one, and I didn't know he had anything confirmed until I just checked his IMDB. I thought the car chase in 'The Raid 2' was terrific and very well choreographed, especially the bit where the camera, in one shot, goes down the road and enters/exits a few vehicles.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Definitely looking forward to this one, never seen any of the Bournes on the big screen but I think will be the first one for me.

I've got the other 3 on Blu ray, Legacy was a complete waste of time. I like the 2 Greengrass films but Identity still remains my favourite, that moment with Clive Owen is one of my favourite moments of the whole series.

I do feel Supremacy & Ultimatum get a bit formulaic, great entertaining films but the first one tips it for me.
    @Shardlake, I'm in 100% agreement, though I did catch 'Ultimatum' in theaters. I still love the trilogy as a whole, but nothing beats 'Identity' for me.
    Yes, @Creasy47, it is 'Blister', and Evans said he wants to concentrate on gun fights/shootouts this time. If he is even half as good at gun action as he is at martial arts, it's going to be a fantastic film!
    I'd say he is, as a lot of gunfights take place in 'The Raid,' with one or two featured in the sequel. Looking forward to it, for sure.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,043
    Yes, @Creasy47, it is 'Blister', and Evans said he wants to concentrate on gun fights/shootouts this time. If he is even half as good at gun action as he is at martial arts, it's going to be a fantastic film!

Action movies rarely do anything for me anymore but Gareth Evans refreshes the parts that Hollywood product just can't reach.

Love both The Raid & The Raid 2 so Blister sounds like a blast, is this going to be his first english language film or is this Indonesian as well? Whatever I'll be in the queue.

I do worry when directors do so well independently or original language films then go to Hollywood films and feel like they've sold their soul, Guilmero Del Toro springs to mind or Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, I mean from the The Lives of Others to The Tourist???? or Mathieu Kassovitz, La Haine to Babylon A.D. and of course not forgetting Oliver Hirschbiegel, Downfall and well take your pick The Invasion or Diana?

I just hope Evans doesn't go this way when he does take the Hollywood dollar. The car chase punch up in The Raid 2 was utterly insane.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Shardlake wrote: »

Action movies rarely do anything for me anymore but Gareth Evans refreshes the parts that Hollywood product just can't reach.

Love both The Raid & The Raid 2 so Blister sounds like a blast, is this going to be his first english language film or is this Indonesian as well? Whatever I'll be in the queue.

I do worry when directors do so well independently or original language films then go to Hollywood films and feel like they've sold their soul, Guilmero Del Toro springs to mind or Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, I mean from the The Lives of Others to The Tourist???? or Mathieu Kassovitz, La Haine to Babylon A.D. and of course not forgetting Oliver Hirschbiegel, Downfall and well take your pick The Invasion or Diana?

I just hope Evans doesn't go this way when he does take the Hollywood dollar. The car chase punch up in The Raid 2 was utterly insane.

Look at John Woo for an example that would be in a similar genre as Evans. From Hard Boiled to Hard Target? He never really hit his Hollywood peak til Face/Off.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @Shardlake 'Blister' is another Indonesian production for Evans. He isn't planning on working in Hollywood any time soon.
    'Babylon A.D.' ended up being so horrible that Kassovitz refused to do any marketing/promotion for it, and wanted his name removed from the film.
    @Creasy47 if you ever have an hour to spare, there is a documentary on Youtube about 'Babylon A.D.' where Kassovitz gives a detailed account on the film's production and how badly he was f*cked over by the US producers.