Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I god damn know that when the full trailer for 'Jason Bourne' is released, me, @Creasy47, @doubleoego will binge-watch the original trilogy right after finishing the trailer.

Actually, I'll probably rewatch the trilogy while waiting for the trailer, only to watch them again due to the probable epicness of the new trailer.

Ha! I swear, just last night I watched Supremacy. That scene where Bourne takes out that CIA agent and security guy whilst detained in a room at the airport gets me every time.

Fun fact: The guy Bourne punches actually got knocked out cold when Damon hit him for real in the shooting of that scene. I remember it being talked about during the commentary or features of Supremacy.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ha! There you go, occasional health hazards :)
    Looking forward to the new Bourne as Paul Greengrass is once again directing.

Not only is he an intelligent filmmaker I think he's one of the best action directors around.

Wish he'd directed a Bond film but he's too much of a left winger to want to do it. Shame.

Yeah I got the impression from his Bourne audio commentaries that he's not very keen on the Bonds.
    With the way the Brosnan era turned out you cant blame him.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    tanaka123 wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new Bourne as Paul Greengrass is once again directing.

Not only is he an intelligent filmmaker I think he's one of the best action directors around.

Wish he'd directed a Bond film but he's too much of a left winger to want to do it. Shame.

Yeah I got the impression from his Bourne audio commentaries that he's not very keen on the Bonds.

Can't stand Greeengrass's politics. He thinks Bond is imperialism.

Doesn't mind making a film about an American spy/assassin though....

Shame as he'd make a good Bond director.

• edited April 2016 Posts: 5,767
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    As long as shakey cam is out, I'm in.

I doubt it. I'm sure it'll be given the same feel as the last three. I could be dead wrong, of course.
    Then you are dead wrong, because the first one doesn´t have anything remotely shaky, it even had a different director. As for Greengrass, you´d just have to watch what he did since The Bourne Ultimatum to see that he does much more than shaky. Cpt Phillips for instance has no shaky cam.
    And the teaser we saw looked very different visually from Bourne 2 and 3.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Relax, I said nothing foul of the man, I love the Bourne trilogy. But to deny that the trilogy has a unique feel to it with the action sequences? Maybe I'm the only one, then.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    @Creasy47, I agree that the Bourne trilogy has a unique flavour to it, action wise.

However, within that, there are some variations. As @boldfinger noted, the first one doesn't have too much shaky cam at all but it does indeed have quick cuts. Insanely quick. That's something that repeats in all three films.

The last two were very similar though, because they were both done by Greengrass - and they do indeed have shaky cam.

I too noticed a bit of a difference with the teaser. More wide angle shots. However, we don't know if those are the angles and shots that will make the final film.

One thing is for sure - the action genre has moved on 9yrs after the last one, and even though I have high hopes, they need a really good plot this time because I don't think great action alone will cut it any more. Bourne helped to redefine the genre once before and I wonder if it can do it again, rather than be a throwback film.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I thought you all would enjoy this:

A fight between Dan's Bond and Damon's Bourne. Wonderfully choreographed, I must say. I'd love to see a crossover featuring such a scene, and I couldn't even wager who'd come out on top.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Nice video. But I'd like to see a crossover where both work together against the evil in this world!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    But I'd like to see a crossover where both work together against the evil in this world!

Jesus Christ.

Yeah and then Indy, Jack Ryan and John McClane could join them because if there's one thing that makes a film hero better it's if they all team up right?

From the well known equation that dominates cinema these days:

(Franchise A + Franchise B) x CGI crapfest = Guaranteed double the box office and a creatively turgid film.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,020
    But I'd like to see a crossover where both work together against the evil in this world!

Jesus Christ.

Yeah and then Indy, Jack Ryan and John McClane could join them because if there's one thing that makes a film hero better it's if they all team up right?

(Franchise A + Franchise B) x CGI crapfest = Guaranteed double the box office and a creatively turgid film.

For Heaven's Sake. You can't read between the lines can you.

I meant instead of Bond v Bourne rather see them working together, if such a thing ever would been made, which of course, I would oppose with all that I am.
    I hate those A vs B movies, all of them.

A fight between Dan's Bond and Damon's Bourne. Wonderfully choreographed, I must say. I'd love to see a crossover featuring such a scene, and I couldn't even wager who'd come out on top.
    The bloody hand is a nice touch.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

Jesus Christ.

I meant instead of Bond v Bourne rather see them working together, if such a thing ever would been made, which of course, I would oppose with all that I am.

I read perfectly what you meant hence my use of the words 'team up'. And for the record both ideas are utter gash.

Like the Avengers which is apparently the gold standard to which every franchise must aspire these days.

That was a good and entertaining watch.

It's quite painful that the fight choreography impressed me more than what we've been given in the last 2 Bond movies.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883

Jesus Christ.

The closest we got to this was the Return of the Man From Uncle tv movie from the 80's, where Lazenby as Bond gave an 'assist' to Solo, as I recall.
    To those of you anticipating the first theatrical trailer like I am, it'll be out this Thursday:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/action/first-official-theatrical-trailer-for-jason-bourne-will-arrive-this-a139671
    And one week later Civil War comes out!

My body is not ready...at all.
    Hip hip hooray! Can't wait.

This is going to be great couple of weeks. First the Night Manager premieres tomorrow, then this, and Civil War to cap it all off.
    And one week later Civil War comes out!

My body is not ready...at all.

I didn't notice that it is out in late April for numerous countries.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,690
    I'm seeing Civil War next wednesday. This 'Bourne' trailer will ease the wait.
    Going to see Civil War ASAP! It is my week off too so rock on!! \m/
    As much as I hate these things, here are two teasers ahead of Thursday's trailer release for the movie:

http://collider.com/jason-bourne-trailer-teasers/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial
    Thanks @Creasy47. Given the disappointment I encountered with SP, with all the trailer reveals etc., I'm debating whether to skip these and even Thursday's trailer,and just wait for the movie itself.

I wonder if that could result in a more positive overall experience.

I just don't want to spoil anything for this film, given I'm so looking forward to it.
    YOU KNOW HIS NAME

Reminds me of the ad campaign for another film ...
    This will stand or fall with the plausability of the story, what's there left to tell?!?
    I think I'll give Thursday's trailer a watch, and after that I'm avoiding footage like the plague until it's released.
    It's here!

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    It's here!

Holy f*cking shit!
    Can I say that this trailer doesn't excite me much?
    This movie better be plot heavy cause the action probably won't be that amazing. And seeing as this will be a mix of the plot of the previous movies kinda.....hmmm....

I'm seeing this but I'm being cautious.