Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    For what it was worth, the younger me quite enjoyed that wacky ass movie when I saw it in theaters many years back, didn't think it was as awful as everyone painted it out to be.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I did too, @Creasy47, but I haven't rewatched it since it was in theaters.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    "You know the name" and now this:

Jason-Bourne-international-poster.jpeg

and this:
    Die%20Another%20Day%20Poster%208.jpg

You are joking...
    To be fair, that tagline, and both of those posters, are horribly generic and effortless.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    According to Greengrass, the film will have one of the best chases we'll have ever seen. And not forgetting that 'The Raid' director Gareth Evans is claiming his new action film will have the craziest car chase ever. So we could get some epic chases in the coming years.

Just not in Bond it seems.
    ggl007 wrote: »
    "You know the name" and now this:

Jason-Bourne-international-poster.jpeg

and this:
    Die%20Another%20Day%20Poster%208.jpg

You are joking...

Terrible poster. Terrible title.

Lets hope theyre saving up all their creativity for the actual film.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    @Shardlake 'Blister' is another Indonesian production for Evans. He isn't planning on working in Hollywood any time soon.

I'm glad to hear it, I'd hope if he ever does he doesn't become compromised but GDT delivered such great films in his native language then came to Hollywood and slowly his films got worse, Pacific Rim is atrotious garbage.

I know Evans isn't Indonesian but Welsh but he seems such a great fit there and seems to thrive, honestly I'd prefer he sticks to making films there.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Shardlake @doubleoego @Creasy47 I think, however, that when 'The Raid 3 will be made, Iko Uwais's Rama won't be in it. Evans doesn't seem like the type of guy to make the same film over and over. Yes, the first 2 'Raid' had Uwais in them, but both were vastly different films, and I feel that with the ending of the 2nd film, Rama has gone full circle, and Evans will want again to surprise us with a completely new take on this franchise. If I were to place a bet, I think the 3rd film will focus on the Japanese mafia seen in 'Raid 2'. I can picture Evans and his cast/crew having fun with intense swords battles and hardcore yakuza stuff in those insanely huge Japanese cities. If such a film is made, the sky's the limit for Evans - he could try his own Hong Kong gun ballet shoot em'up, or a extremely violent South Korean revenge film. I'm pretty confident Evans will prefer to try other style of Asian cinema before even considering going to Hollywood.
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 12,837
    @Shardlake 'Blister' is another Indonesian production for Evans. He isn't planning on working in Hollywood any time soon.

I think it's only a matter of time. He was one of the directors considered for the upcoming Assassin's Creed film apparently (I'm guessing Fassbender wanted this director though after they worked together on Macbeth).

Can't wait for Blister and whatever he does after that (The Raid 3?). Personally I think he'd be the perfect director to introduce the next Bond actor. I'd love for the next film (assuming it's a new actor) to be a reboot of sorts, a clear change in direction from the previous era, deliberately different. The whole film would be stripped back, the plot would be a standard mission, a day in the life type story. I think an interesting idea would be an assassination mission. Spectre made a point of referring to Bond as an assassin, but of all Craig's Bond's missions a total of two were hits (the CR pts, the SP pts). So lets see a full, fleshed out assassination mission. It'd have roots in Fleming (there's TLD, his first two kills, and TMWTGG is a whole novel revolving around an assassination mission) and it'd be a refreshing change of pace from the evil schemes.

A raw, barebones, crime thriller Bond film, directed by Gareth Evans. Bond is sent to assassinate some expert hitman or crime kingpin or something like that. A story more reliant on tension than action. Bond can uncover some sort of plot as the film goes on to raise the stakes, but his goal remains simple: kill him/her. We already know that Evans can do a phenomenal job with a simple, direct premise (The Raid) and with a more ambitious, world building crime thriller (The Raid 2). Ideally I think a Bond film from him would combine both. Bond is given a simple mission and things sort of snowball from there as he becomes embroiled in whatever the villain has going on. And action sequences on par with The Raid films would be a great way to sell the audience on the new era.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @thelivingroyale we're starting to get off topic ;) But I think once EON opens the door to directors from that part of the world (and yes, I know Evans is Welsh), the possibilities are endless. The director of 'The Man from Nowhere', 'The Chaser' or 'The Berlin File' could absolutely ace that style of action/spy/thrillers with a simple premise mixed with amibitious world building, as you said. Plus Bond would have action scenes so insane and breathtaking, other action/adventure franchise will be jealous of the Bond films' quality and inventiviness. The only sure way for anyone, Bond included, to get on top of the table in terms of action scenes is to look at Asia. Those guys ace this stuff in their sleep.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @thelivingroyale we're starting to get off topic ;) But I think once EON opens the door to directors from that part of the world (and yes, I know Evans is Welsh), the possibilities are endless. The director of 'The Man from Nowhere', 'The Chaser' or 'The Berlin File' could absolutely ace that style of action/spy/thrillers with a simple premise mixed with amibitious world building, as you said. Plus Bond would have action scenes so insane and breathtaking, other action/adventure franchise will be jealous of the Bond films' quality and inventiviness. The only sure way for anyone, Bond included, to get on top of the table in terms of action scenes is to look at Asia. Those guys ace this stuff in their sleep.

The man from nowhere is just 1 of many examples that identifies the mediocrity of Hollywood film making.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    @Shardlake @doubleoego @Creasy47 I think, however, that when 'The Raid 3 will be made, Iko Uwais's Rama won't be in it. Evans doesn't seem like the type of guy to make the same film over and over. Yes, the first 2 'Raid' had Uwais in them, but both were vastly different films, and I feel that with the ending of the 2nd film, Rama has gone full circle, and Evans will want again to surprise us with a completely new take on this franchise. If I were to place a bet, I think the 3rd film will focus on the Japanese mafia seen in 'Raid 2'. I can picture Evans and his cast/crew having fun with intense swords battles and hardcore yakuza stuff in those insanely huge Japanese cities. If such a film is made, the sky's the limit for Evans - he could try his own Hong Kong gun ballet shoot em'up, or a extremely violent South Korean revenge film. I'm pretty confident Evans will prefer to try other style of Asian cinema before even considering going to Hollywood.

I'd be more than happy with that idea, I know he said part 3 would start 2 or 3 hours before the end of part 2.

edited June 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @Creasy47 @bondjames @Shardlake @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

Looks like 'Jason Bourne' is set to be the longest Bourne film yet (disregarding Legacy), as IMDB lists a 2 hours and 3 minutes runtime.

And tomorrow marks 1 month until the film is released!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It'll be interesting to see a film that is tightly paced and moves like a bullet again, after a year full of movies over 2 and a half hours long, which didn't help many of the films I'm thinking of in their public perception.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm preparing for the latest Bourne by watching the original Bourne Identity tv movie (with Richard Chamberlain and Jaclyn Smith) this weekend, and then one Bourne film per weekend until release date. 2 hrs and 3 minutes is nothing - so it will probably move like a speeding bullet, as always.
    We are now 1 month away from 'Jason Bourne'!
    'Jason Bourne' comes out this month!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Jason Bourne is Gay ! ? , :P :))

it looks fantastic, can't wait. There seem to be plenty of good action
    thrillers "out" this year.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Sorry guys. :))
    ehSk8J0l.jpg
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    =))
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Might offend a Planned Parenthood-type crowd, but how about "Still Bourne?" :-??
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Great poster @Murdock :))
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Great poster @Murdock :))
    Thanks @Thunderpussy. :P
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

In a few days we will be 3 weeks away from the new Bourne film. I really hope you guys will go see the film in the opening day(s), as I want to read your reactions on the film before I get to see it when it comes out in my country on August 10th.
    I'll be seeing it opening weekend, for sure. Want to do a double billing with 'Star Trek Beyond.'
    @Creasy47 we all know you will double bill it with 'Ghostbusters'. ;)
    @Creasy47 we all know you will double bill it with 'Ghostbusters'. ;)

I'll be sure to not watch that, ever, unless I'm paid a handsome amount of cash! I don't even think morbid curiosity will get me to waste time watching it.
    @DaltonCraig007, I'll be there for Bourne on opening night and will be sure to report back.

Sadly, given mixed reviews, I won't be wasting money on Independence Day, and I definitely won't be seeing Ghostbusters either.
    @bondjames I am extremely pumped for Bourne, but I already know what Damon/Greengrass are capable of doing, which is why I am slightly more excited for 'Blood Father', because I really can't wait to see Mel Gibson kick some major ass.
    I know what you mean @DaltonCraig007. To this day, nobody does 'crazy intense' like Mel. When he loses his shit, it's a beautiful thing to see.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I know what you mean @DaltonCraig007. To this day, nobody does 'crazy intense' like Mel. When he loses his shit, it's a beautiful thing to see.

They don't call him Mad Max for nothing. :D