Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Especially when he's had a drink or three ! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This is a riot:

Matt being a crazy prankster yet again, but this time, Bourne style. B-)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @bondjames @Creasy47 @doubleoego @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

In a few days we will be 3 weeks away from the new Bourne film. I really hope you guys will go see the film in the opening day(s), as I want to read your reactions on the film before I get to see it when it comes out in my country on August 10th.

I too will be watching this on opening day. In fact I'll be watching it twice that day for clarification purposes. It's been too long since the last Jason Bourne outing and I'm praying he comes back with a nuclear bang. I'm so pumped for this.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Well, thanks to a random TV spot that lasted about twelve seconds, I now know the big reason why Bourne is doing what he's doing in this film. I seriously can't believe they let that slip in a mini teaser to run with commercials.

For any TV watchers out there who don't want this film spoiled, I highly suggest muting your volume any time you see Matt Damon's face. It'll save you a lot of grief.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's one of the benefits of not having TV, and further proves why Im avoiding watching more than one trailer for films for here on out. This ADD mentality of today results in trailers constantly spoiling things, unnecessarily revealing cameos, etc.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    3 weeks left until 'Jason Bourne'!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @doubleoego unless I am mistaken... 10 days left until 'Jason Bourne' in the UK! (12 days until the film is out in the States).
    The premise for watching a Bourne film is not exactly mystery, so they can spoil all they want, as far as I am concerned.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    The premise for watching a Bourne film is not exactly mystery, so they can spoil all they want, as far as I am concerned.

Knowing Bourne's entire motivation for joining the agency at the very beginning is a massive thing to spoil in a throwaway TV spot, and it simply didn't need to happen.
    @doubleoego unless I am mistaken... 10 days left until 'Jason Bourne' in the UK! (12 days until the film is out in the States).

And I'll be there opening day.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Knowing Bourne's entire motivation for joining the agency at the very beginning is a massive thing to spoil in a throwaway TV spot, and it simply didn't need to happen.

Agreed. It was a very poor decision on the marketing team's behalf. I'm certain there's obviously more to it but it's a big shame considering the film has remained almost entirely untainted thus far.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

Agreed. It was a very poor decision on the marketing team's behalf. I'm certain there's obviously more to it but it's a big shame considering the film has remained almost entirely untainted thus far.
    I'm sorry this was spoiled for your @0Brady. I've fortunately not seen anything yet to mess it up for me and am going in essentially blind as of now. I'm hoping it can stay that way until release date.
    @bondjames Have you started rewatching the original Bourne trilogy, like you planned a while back?

Exactly. The entire production has been actively hush hush, with neither Damon or Greengrass wanting to divulge much of anything beyond little snippets of very broad information on what the film may be playing off of current events wise, like the Snowden comparison. Obviously they can't control the marketing, but it's just a damn shame. I was already not as excited as everyone else for this, then all that took the wind out of the sails even more.

I'm sorry you got it unexpectedly spoiled for you too, @CraigMooreOHMSS, and it seems by the very same teaser as I did. I don't mind it when a movie is spoiled for me when I seek out the trailers myself, as I know the risks in this day and age of doing that, but when a zinger comes in the form of a commercial, and the spoiler is the very first line spoken in it, that's when it just gets ridiculous and I get angry. Sometimes there's no way to avoid it, and that is just depressing.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Actually no, @DaltonCraig007. I've been meaning to get to it, and will do so soon. Perhaps tonight would be a good time.

I'm a bit wary that if I do watch them all again, the new one may seem a bit cliched and over familiar, but it's been such a long time so I'll have to do it.

Exactly. The entire production has been actively hush hush, with neither Damon or Greengrass wanting to divulge much of anything beyond little snippets of very broad information on what the film may be playing off of current events wise, like the Snowden comparison. Obviously they can't control the marketing, but it's just a damn shame. I was already not as excited as everyone else for this, then all that took the wind out of the sails even more.

I'm sorry you got it unexpectedly spoiled for you too, @CraigMooreOHMSS, and it seems by the very same teaser as I did. I don't mind it when a movie is spoiled for me when I seek out the trailers myself, as I know the risks in this day and age of doing that, but when a zinger comes in the form of a commercial, and the spoiler is the very first line spoken in it, that's when it just gets ridiculous and I get angry. Sometimes there's no way to avoid it, and that is just depressing.

I actually was quite excited for the film. The angle they've come at it (at least judging by interviews with Damon and Greengrass) is an interesting one. I have a feeling it was the same one as yourself, @0Brady. It's rather hard to believe that we're getting to the stage where we can't even watch evening television without having stuff spoiled for us!
    bondjames wrote: »

I'm sorry this was spoiled for your @0Brady. I've fortunately not seen anything yet to mess it up for me and am going in essentially blind as of now. I'm hoping it can stay that way until release date.

Stay away from all forms of advertisement playback, @bondjames. If you hear the words "That's Jason Bourne", (usually the first words in all the spots) immediately hit the mute button. If no mute button is available, turn and run.
    I would go so far as to suggest hitting the mute button or changing the channel instinctively the moment a Bourne TV spot comes on. You've just got to hope that the channel you switch to isn't showing one of the same TV spots!
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,690
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 It's really tragic, for once a major blockbuster only releases 1 trailer, and they defeat the purpose by releasing tons of TV spots featuring big spoilers.
    @DaltonCraig007, well, here's to hoping that when I see the film it seems like small pie in comparison to what the film has in store, reveal wise. I may look back and laugh, thinking this was a big thing to reveal when so much other stuff was going on.

All things considered, in comparison to other movies I was planning to go out and see this year, I know the least about Bourne still, so at least there's that. I'll be watching the trilogy leading up to whenever I go too, so maybe that'll reignite my excitement again. I've just been burned so much lately by looking forward to things that I think I've really taken five steps back on all of it and am now more cautious across the board. I still trust the team though, and I have faith we'll get something worthy of the series since the old guard are back doing what they do best.

Everybody that is rewatching the past films leading up to the wide release should post reviews for each so we can see how they hold up and discuss them, as I know many, including myself, haven't seen them in a while. It'd be interesting to compare how we used to feel about them, how we feel now, what we think the next film will develop and continue on from, and more.

Knowing that Nicky is showing up again makes me interested to see how many characters from the past films are returning, and how many easter eggs/nods to the past there'll be. Will Pam show up? Vosen? Will Aaron Cross and the events of Legacy be recognized as canon?

Hope not on that last one, as I don't like the idea of Bourne existing in a universe where the government is essentially developing super soldiers. No thank you. I think the odds are that it's forgotten, as Legacy took place around Ultimatum, dated 2006-07, so by the time we see Bourne in the new film, at least eight years would have passed in that time frame. Cross's story may have been a one-off the studio is backing away from because of how lukewarm it was received, and we may never hear from those characters again.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 technically, doesn't Ultimatum and Legacy take place in 2004, since both of them take place between the Moscow sequence and the final scene of 'Supremacy'?
    Yes that is correct dalton I might pop in legacy today
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 technically, doesn't Ultimatum and Legacy take place in 2004, since both of them take place between the Moscow sequence and the final scene of 'Supremacy'?

Legacy takes place after Supremacy and Ultimatum (which itself takes place before and after the final scene of Supremacy) but still takes place in 2004, correct.

Did you really expect them to re-invent the Bourne film, after the first three? It was obvious from the first short teaser that it´s going to be pretty much business as usual.
    I enjoy watching the first three time and again, so I couldn´t care less about spoilers for this one. It´s a pity you guys suffer so much from it.

Did you really expect them to re-invent the Bourne film, after the first three? It was obvious from the first short teaser that it´s going to be pretty much business as usual.
    I enjoy watching the first three time and again, so I couldn´t care less about spoilers for this one. It´s a pity you guys suffer so much from it.

I wasn't expecting a drastic overhaul in terms of approach as it's obviously a case of "if it ain't broke". However, the fact that Bourne now knows who he is and where he came from by the end of Ultimatum means that they'd need a new reason to get him back into the fold. Different appeals for different fans, I guess.

The spoiler I'm referring to has nothing to do with the so-called Bourne formula, and my issue with it has nothing to do it that aspect of it at all.

The problem I have is that it reveals the entire reason Webb ever came to be in the place we find him in in Identity in the first place, which is a big deal and not something that should be shared in a 15-30 second TV spot!
    My condolences.
    It's monday, meaning 'Jason Bourne' comes out next week!
    @doubleoego @bondjames @Creasy47 @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @ClarkDevlin

Apparently, Matt Damon only has
    lines of dialogue in 'Jason Bourne'. Looks like he will let his fighting skills do the talking!
    How many lines did he have in the previous films?
    @doubleoego @bondjames @Creasy47 @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @ClarkDevlin

Apparently, Matt Damon only has
    lines of dialogue in 'Jason Bourne'. Looks like he will let his fighting skills do the talking!

Great. Now I'm going to be counting throughout the whole film. :)>-