Everyday Drinking

Comments

I'm not trying to troll you, but alcohol is litterally poisonous ! This's why your liver needs to filter it !

IS TOXIC ! KILLS YOUR BRAIN CELLS ! DONT' WANT THAT !!

That explains a lot. You must have been bottle fed wine as a baby

I hope it was a cheap bottle.
  • Ludovico wrote:
    I'm not trying to troll you, but alcohol is litterally poisonous ! This's why your liver needs to filter it !

IS TOXIC ! KILLS YOUR BRAIN CELLS ! DONT' WANT THAT !!

That explains a lot. You must have been bottle fed wine as a baby

I hope it was a cheap bottle.

Blue Nun or Lambrini
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited September 2013 Posts: 12,459
    Actually, Ripple all the way, I think. ;)

For me, a little alcohol goes a long way. I do think the benefits of red wine are scientifically proven by now. Moderation is a good word for many things in life.
    I've enjoyed Guinness for years and recently discovered mead.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I am not a big fan of sake - but I will have something special tonight to toast Tokyo being awarded the 2020 Olympics! Yay!!!! I'm so happy for the Japanese people. They will do an amazing job, I'm confident.

What should I have tonight? Especially as I am still recovering from a cold. I think I still have some mead - and that has honey in it and will ease my throat. Just the job. ;)
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    @4EverBonded, if you get a chance to try Ethiopian honey wine, do it. I think you will like it. It's different from anything I've ever had. Sweet, which balances the spicy Ethiopian food, and still good on its own.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited September 2013 Posts: 7,978
    Yesterday's results:
    vodka grapejuice is too sweet. Adding lime didn't help
    vodka applejuice was allright, but a bit boring.
    Vodka tonic was too sweet as well, but it was'n tonic water but the stuff you get from the supermarked. All in all, a lot was tried to little avail.

• DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    @Disco should've known you'd keep an eye on a drinks thread!
    But of course Rossy ;)

Yesterday's results:
    vodka grapejuice is too sweet. Adding lime didn't help
    vodka applejuice was allright, but a bit boring.
    Vodka tonic was too sweet as well, but it was'n tonic water but the stuff you get from the supermarked. All in all, a lot was tried to little avail.

Yea... those are sweet mixes. I like vodka soda or vodka grapefruit. Must be tart.

Ice is my favourite mix though.

I bought my gin for my Hudsons but struggled to find the other ingredients. We'll be drinking craft beer today instead of cocktails. :)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @CommanderRoss, vodka and apple juice sounds like an interesting combination I would like to try, but is it even worth it?
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    while watching the football games yesterday we were sipping on Black Velvet Cinnamon whiskey......wow gotta be careful drinking this as it goes down smooth and its still 70 proof.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @CommanderRoss, vodka and apple juice sounds like an interesting combination I would like to try, but is it even worth it?

Actually I think it's quite allright, especially with some lime added. I drank it stronger and stronger though, in the end half on half. You might want to experiment with your own preferred amounts.

As @Retrokitty mentioned vodka and grape as well. IMO vodka usually goes very well with fruit juices (pineapple one I always liked), but again, these days it's a bit too sweet for my tastes. But if tht's your thing, aplle juice and vodka go very well together. Hope this makes sense ;-)
    @CommanderRoss, it does, I'll have to try it out. :)

I know all about my drinks getting stronger and stronger. I was relaxing with a few friends one night a few years back, and we went from pretty mild Jagerbombs to just pure Jagermeister.
    Yep, ordinarily I'd drink my vodka straight, but this was Smirnoff and not cold at all. So then you search for alternatives ;-)
    @CommanderRoss, been there as well! ;) ran out of orange juice one night for my screwdrivers, and I do believe I switched to Mountain Dew.
    Today I made myself a vodka martini with Cinzano as vermouth and lemon peel insted of olives.
    Pumpkin beer tonight. Looking forward to all the winter beers coming out soon. BC is full of craft beer breweries. We're so lucky. The imports are stellar too.
    retrokitty wrote:
    Pumpkin beer tonight. Looking forward to all the winter beers coming out soon. BC is full of craft beer breweries. We're so lucky. The imports are stellar too.

Had a Kingfisher the other day. My new love interest loves India and bought me one in a little Indian shop in Amsterdam. Lovely beer that, but better in a warmer climate I suppose.

Ashamed to say I've never had pumpkin beer, but being a fan of the former (not so much the latter), I'd like to try it out.
    I'm amazed by Bond's drinking abitilies. Last night I had three vodka martinis and while I didn't ended drunk, it's a strong drink. How could he had 6 Vespers in a row in QOS? I bet it's because practice makes perfect.
    0013 wrote:
    I'm amazed by Bond's drinking abitilies. Last night I had three vodka martinis and while I didn't ended drunk, it's a strong drink. How could he had 6 Vespers in a row in QOS? I bet it's because practice makes perfect.
    Well it takes a lot of training and some genetical resistance to alcohol. I myself am a stiff drinker whilst my brother can't hold his drinks at all. Same goes for my mother, whilst my father drinks more then I do....

Still, as they said, Bond's liver isnt too good, and I bet mine isn't too good either...
    Whilst drinking Vodka alone in an appartment in Poland may seem quite sad, I have to say I feel very Bond like right now!
    Trigger wrote:
    Whilst drinking Vodka alone in an appartment in Poland may seem quite sad, I have to say I feel very Bond like right now!
    Vodka is a good drink. It's never sad to drink a good drink.
    edited October 2013 Posts: 380
    CommanderRoss, I've had that Kingfisher... it's readily available in all the Indian restaurants in town... and there are a lot of them. :) It's a nice light beer but I go for a more hearty beer with flavour and lean towards Russian Imperial Stouts.

Trigger wrote:

Trigger, drinking alone is not sad at all... In fact, please read this article so you can really appreciate the benefits of drinking alone.

It's a favourite of mine and always reminds me of a good friend. I hope you appreciate it like I do. :)

The Zen of Drinking Alone

@retrokitty, what a read. I've had some nights in the past where I've just settled on a good movie and had a couple of small glasses of vodka, and anytime I tell someone I'm drinking alone, I'm a "loser alcoholic" or something to that extent, which it shouldn't be. I still don't have a problem with drinking alone, it's quite relaxing if you don't overdo it.
    retrokitty wrote:
    CommanderRoss, I've had that Kingfisher... it's readily available in all the Indian restaurants in town... and there are a lot of them. :) It's a nice light beer but I go for a more hearty beer with flavour and lean towards Russian Imperial Stouts.

Trigger wrote:

Trigger, drinking alone is not sad at all... In fact, please read this article so you can really appreciate the benefits of drinking alone.

It's a favourite of mine and always reminds me of a good friend. I hope you appreciate it like I do. :)

The Zen of Drinking Alone

My dear @Kitty, great minds drink alike!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I had something called FOUR Peach flavored margarita. Not a classy drink by any sorts. It came in a can and was carbonated like soda. While it tasted good and went down easy. The consequences were not good. So I've taken a nice long hiatus from casual drinking for a while. :))
    Ah, my dear @Murdock, I can see you're learning drinking lesson one. And by all means, don't think you'll learn this most important rule first. Au contraire, many never learn thsi one. Rule one is: pick your drink!

Knowing what you've got in front of you is immensely important. Learnig this lesson a lot of fun, as it's an ongoing game ;-)
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @CommanderRoss Next time when I'll have a different drink at hand to wash down food that didn't go all the way down. :P
    Murdock wrote:
    @CommanderRoss Next time when I'll have a different drink at hand to wash down food that didn't go all the way down. :P

Try a mojito, you'll love it!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Ashamed to say I've never had pumpkin beer, but being a fan of the former (not so much the latter), I'd like to try it out.

St-Ambroise pumpkin ale by McAuslan in Montreal. Very nice.