Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I am: Rile Racket.

I love how the 'first' and 'last' name examples are John McClane. If only!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Good heavens, I am:

Kix Lockjaw
    "Bring the heat."

(It shows a large commando style knife. But ... I hate knives.)
    I like the catchphrase ok. :)>-
    Hey, I've just read a little about Sean Bean's new tv show, Legends. !!! Do you all already know about this? I'm late to learn of things, being so far away.
    I love Sean Bean. I didn't know that was in the works. Premiers next month, I think early August. I really can't wait. I enjoy his work a lot. On TNT in the U.S. and they hope it has a 5 year run (according to producer). I hope it is of good quality and a hit. It would be good for him, I think. And I know I'd enjoy watching him weekly. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I've seen previews for that @4Ever, and it does look good. Even better, Sean's character won't be dying any time soon since he's the star of the show, so that's great as well. Nice to see him branching out from the usual projects he takes on that more often than not have grave consequences for his characters. ;)
    I would imagine there are a lot of pissed off Marty McFly lookalikes in London right about now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28471433
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I would imagine there are a lot of pissed off Marty McFly lookalikes in London right about now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28471433

Happy 45 , J-Lo.....
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Another uplifting post by @Tracy I see.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a proper HDTV that is a good brand name, 40" or bigger, and is in an okay price range for a college student? My TV remote died, figured out that I can't get a replacement, and as I looked into it, I realized I've had this TV for a really, really long time, and it then got me thinking about how I would love to upgrade it to a much bigger sized TV. This one is at 32" now, so I want a pretty big increase (doesn't need to be ridiculous, so roughly 40" or bigger). It might be a big purchase I treat myself to in the coming months, so any feedback is appreciated.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Stuck in an airport at the moment, in a long stop over. Already read a few chapters of a book, looked at the shops, ate lunch, had a coffee. I still have over two hours to kill but I don't know what else to do. Does anybody have any suggestion?
    Well, I have a little story to tell. My friend's friend was sat very close to Sean Connery at last years US tennis open. He tells me that his friend saw Connery trip over, and when he went to help him up, Connery said "f*ck off "! Can't help but find that hilarious! Typical Sean!
    Well, I have a little story to tell. My friend's friend was sat very close to Sean Connery at last years US tennis open. He tells me that his friend saw Connery trip over, and when he went to help him up, Connery said "f*ck off "! Can't help but find that hilarious! Typical Sean!

Watch the outtakes to Michael Bay's 'The Rock' and you'll hear how foul-mouthed he is. It's hilarious.
    Sandy wrote: »
    Stuck in an airport at the moment, in a long stop over. Already read a few chapters of a book, looked at the shops, ate lunch, had a coffee. I still have over two hours to kill but I don't know what else to do. Does anybody have any suggestion?

Hope you are flying (or already arrived at your destination) now, Sandy. :)
    If I don't bring 2 books, or buy a new book or magazine while waiting, I make lists. Nothing exciting about that, I know. But I try to do priority lists of what I want to do while on vacation or any topic (health goals, notes for an essay I want to write, long term goals, origami goals, etc.). Oh wait, the origami would be you, not me. ;)
    I hope @QBranch doesn't mind that I took his phone out of the DB5. ;)
    12506_703372089700745_8347817866332333628_n.jpg
    edited July 2014 Posts: 40,372
    "Now, if you take the top off, you will find a little red button. Whatever you do, don't touch it, Murdock."

On a random note, I go to grab something to eat out of the kitchen, and I hear "Mr. Creasy!"

Yes, darling, you called?

Oh, nevermind...I walk into the living room and realize 'Man On Fire' is on.
    Sorry, but does anyone else see the irony in this news story?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28656050
    Sorry, but does anyone else see the irony in this news story?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28656050

Seems like legally bribing someone to get out of an illegal bribing charge. ;)
    Well, State troopers were called in and now the National Guard is on its way - in Ferguson, Missouri, USA. And one of the things I was thinking was just for your safety, I am rather glad you do not live in that state, @Master_Dahark.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a proper HDTV that is a good brand name, 40" or bigger, and is in an okay price range for a college student? My TV remote died, figured out that I can't get a replacement, and as I looked into it, I realized I've had this TV for a really, really long time, and it then got me thinking about how I would love to upgrade it to a much bigger sized TV. This one is at 32" now, so I want a pretty big increase (doesn't need to be ridiculous, so roughly 40" or bigger). It might be a big purchase I treat myself to in the coming months, so any feedback is appreciated.

@Creasy47

not sure if you're still looking into TVs.... but I recommend Vizio.. they are amazing quality at very reasonable prices... last year, i bought a 60in Vizio LED TV for $995... i am sure you could find a 40in LED Vizio for around $350-$400.
    Good luck to all students today receiving their GCSE results. A nervous and tense time indeed.
    I have taken the challenge. :D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    haha, nice one Murdock :D

You came prepared for a cold reception. Plenty of ice, if you can wear it...
    QBranch wrote: »
    haha, nice one Murdock :D

You came prepared for a cold reception. Plenty of ice, if you can wear it...

Should have done a twine pain face. :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    Should have done a twine pain face. :))
    I would have but not by choice.
    ;;)
    You're all wet @Murdock.

But at least your Martini is still dry. ;-)

:-bd
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited August 2014 Posts: 17,729
    Well done, @Murdock!

And here is how they do the Ice Bucket Challenge in the Republic of Ireland:

"Get ice on it, quick!" :D
    Imagine how much they could give to charity by doing this. simply amazing
    Is there a thread anywhere in the News section etc for features/articles seen in a publication that can be bought now before it passes purchase?

Just seen quite a nice feature in Classic Car Weekly newspaper celebrating 50 years of Goldfinger with at least 3 spreads mostly in colour of the cars in the film. Ok, it's car orientated but nice for cuttings collectors all the same and this bias of emphasis is still relevant to Bond.

Thought I'd ask as I'm not 100% when the issue changes but it's on the rack of the local Tesco here now this evening!

ECC03CDB-5A4A-4852-BF68-E7B7434E37D9.jpg
    We are doing alot of ALS challenges over here in the UK! My nomination is fast approaching i'm sure? Once i do it? I will post it on here for your amusement as it is for a great cause!

Well done Murdock for participating in this! Come on fellow MI6ers? Give it a go! :-bd