Chat Thread - Free Discussion

1165166167168169171»

Comments

  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Posts: 8,828
    I just have to get back to pushing my favourite maniacs, the Braun twin brothers of Hamburg, who are the guys behind Miniatur Wunderland. (And after all, Monte Carlo is a Bond location.)

    Tonight they officially opened their Monaco section...which had basically been sitting there for years, though cordoned off...because the technical mastermind of the two, Gerrit, was adamant that he first perfectionize his 1/87 scale version of the Monte Carlo Grand Prix. It took him and his team eight years until it was satisfactory for him. The total cost for the Monaco section alone consequently ran up to five million euros.

    Tonight Monaco's ruling Prince Albert and his wife Princess Charlene, along with their two daughters, actually attended the opening in person. The (much more extensive, but not quite as sophisticated technically) Italy section from a few years ago had to settle for the Italian ambassador to Germany. The new section, by the way, also includes a miniature re-enactment of the 1956 wedding of the Prince's parents, Rainier III and the former Grace Kelly. They kept that scene in black-and-white because everyone only knew it in black-and-white.

    See for yourself how the effort turned out. The following video is even in English for a change. Anyway, time for me to get my next year ticket for Wunderland.

  • Posts: 1,672
    55 anniversary Easy Rider
  • mattjoesmattjoes TINY TIM
    Posts: 6,944
    Today, I randomly remembered there was a weird guy on the IMDb forums and on YouTube that uploaded "analyses" of films. Kermode was his alias. Taxi Driver's camera movement to the side, while Travis makes his phone call to Betsy, was interpreted to be an accident that was overlooked. The ending of Von Ryan's Express was thought to be a ploy by Sinatra to keep the chasing Germans from reaching the train. Then there were the numerous videos on Roger Moore's flared trousers, Police Academy movies and a general dislike of the Craig Bond films. They often ended with this silly, strange, short musical theme.

    They were such weird videos that they somehow burrowed into my brain.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Posts: 8,828
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Today, I randomly remembered there was a weird guy on the IMDb forums and on YouTube that uploaded "analyses" of films. Kermode was his alias. Taxi Driver's camera movement to the side, while Travis makes his phone call to Betsy, was interpreted to be an accident that was overlooked. The ending of Von Ryan's Express was thought to be a ploy by Sinatra to keep the chasing Germans from reaching the train. Then there were the numerous videos on Roger Moore's flared trousers, Police Academy movies and a general dislike of the Craig Bond films. They often ended with this silly, strange, short musical theme.

    They were such weird videos that they somehow burrowed into my brain.
    I never knew that he also uploaded videos and therefore didn't see any, but I do remember that guy from the IMDb Bond forum (didn't visit any others). He used several aliases containing the "Kermode" moniker, and everyone knew he wasn't the real Kermode. Ah, those were the days with crazy posters using multiple personalities and coming up with yet another sock puppet when it suited them. Verily... And yet, the James Bond forum was probably the most civilized board on IMDb, or so I heard.
  • mattjoesmattjoes TINY TIM
    Posts: 6,944
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Today, I randomly remembered there was a weird guy on the IMDb forums and on YouTube that uploaded "analyses" of films. Kermode was his alias. Taxi Driver's camera movement to the side, while Travis makes his phone call to Betsy, was interpreted to be an accident that was overlooked. The ending of Von Ryan's Express was thought to be a ploy by Sinatra to keep the chasing Germans from reaching the train. Then there were the numerous videos on Roger Moore's flared trousers, Police Academy movies and a general dislike of the Craig Bond films. They often ended with this silly, strange, short musical theme.

    They were such weird videos that they somehow burrowed into my brain.
    I never knew that he also uploaded videos and therefore didn't see any, but I do remember that guy from the IMDb Bond forum (didn't visit any others). He used several aliases containing the "Kermode" moniker, and everyone knew he wasn't the real Kermode. Ah, those were the days with crazy posters using multiple personalities and coming up with yet another sock puppet when it suited them. Verily... And yet, the James Bond forum was probably the most civilized board on IMDb, or so I heard.

    I remember thinking most of the individual film boards were also okay, probably since they weren't a place for regular conversations, only occasional ones.

    Here's a Kermode video I found. The guy had/has multiple channels. Can't find the Taxi Driver/Von Ryan's Express one yet. Might have been closed.



    So weird... even for me! Kind of mesmerizing, though that's probably an opinion no one will share.
  • edited June 15 Posts: 1,672
    .
  • mattjoesmattjoes TINY TIM
    Posts: 6,944
    Daniel CRAIGCON - No Criggin' in the Riggin'
    (My rebus is coming soon, I swear)

    GP3-UhrWcAAFuXu?format=jpg&name=small

    "Hello. I realize I'm a famous actor, but I'm trying to stay anonymous, so please don't make contact with me."
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Posts: 8,828
    Yippee! This is my first posting or other message I'm sending after Deutsche Glasfaser finally activated our FTTH glass fiber connection about an hour ago. City dwellers may just react with a sympathetic smile, but I live in a village of 2,500 people, and the fastest I could reach so far was a bit over 20 MB downstream. It is now about 30 times as fast (actually they had promised 1,000...let's see), and upload is around 150. I tried severals "speed tests" now and find that the download is somewhere between 482 and 670, and the upload actually claims to be over 400 as well...wonder what is correct.

    Not that we actually suffered from lack of speed so far, really (two Teams or Zoom meetings at the same time did work), but it's nice to have state-of-the-art internet connection in your home.
  • Posts: 1,672
    Chris Walken does Baywatch theme : Some people STAND , IN the shadow.....AFRAID to step INTO the LIGHT......oh !

    :D
  • rock223rock223 Isenburg
    Posts: 13
    Do you guys believe in life after death?
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Posts: 8,828
    rock223 wrote: »
    Do you guys believe in life after death?

    Nope.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 14,313
    It's World Sea Turtle Day! We breed turtles at my workplace. I saved a little Houdini from getting run over, just like it would do the same for me. Turtles in TB, TSWLM and FYEO...and maybe more?

    thunderball.jpg
    thespywholovedme6.jpg
    foryoureyesonly4.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 18,021
  • Posts: 75
    Dragonpol wrote: »

    What's he up to right now, I mean after all this years what is he doing?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Posts: 9,096
    007bond762 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

    What's he up to right now, I mean after all this years what is he doing?

    He’s running a turtle farm.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Posts: 8,828
    This made me think of a certain U.S. politician but I'd rather not get into this any further.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Posts: 18,021
    007bond762 wrote: »
    Dragonpol wrote: »

    What's he up to right now, I mean after all this years what is he doing?

    He's barely changed at all.



    And he still likes turtles. 🐢
  • edited June 30 Posts: 1,672
    Theres something symbolic about Psychomania (Sanders final film) , its like a metaphoric wall between life/death that cannot fully be explained
  • Posts: 1,672
    Drax : Cucumber sandwich ?

    Undertaker *pukes*

    :D
  • mattjoesmattjoes TINY TIM
    Posts: 6,944
    Tracy wrote: »
    Theres something symbolic about Psychomania (Sanders final film) , its like a metaphoric wall between life/death that cannot fully be explained

    Please elaborate!
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Posts: 1,042
    AI is getting out of hand, now it can make SONGS!
  • Posts: 1,672


    Dr No girl
  • Posts: 1,672
    rumors of showmasters having problems.....could explain lack of big guests

    TWINE girl Richards was guest there now

    Sad if they went belly up (if only scammer Hollywood Show would go belly up.....nothing of value would be lost)
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Posts: 3,487
    Watching some Victor Borge sketches, he may be a comedian, but oh my, he's also a talented musician (a pianist)! Giving me some entertainment and fun.
  • edited July 10 Posts: 17,507
    Some years ago, someone here on the forum posted this article from the New York Times, about this CEO's very Bond villain hideout looking mountain villa. Do anyone know (or remember) if the same content was posted by any other newspapers and/or magazines?

    I'd very much like to look at the photos from the article, but it's behind a paywall.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Posts: 8,828
    Some years ago, someone here on the forum posted this article from the New York Times, about this CEO's very Bond villain hideout looking mountain villa. Do anyone know (or remember) if the same content was posted by any other newspapers and/or magazines?

    I'd very much like to look at the photos from the article, but it's behind a paywall.

    @Torgeirtrap: I have an NYT subscription and am allowed to share a number of articles with non-subscribers every month. If you PM me your E-mail address, I can do that for you in this case.
  • Posts: 17,507
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Some years ago, someone here on the forum posted this article from the New York Times, about this CEO's very Bond villain hideout looking mountain villa. Do anyone know (or remember) if the same content was posted by any other newspapers and/or magazines?

    I'd very much like to look at the photos from the article, but it's behind a paywall.

    @Torgeirtrap: I have an NYT subscription and am allowed to share a number of articles with non-subscribers every month. If you PM me your E-mail address, I can do that for you in this case.

    I'd be very grateful for that, @j_w_pepper! I'll DM you. :)
  • Posts: 1,672


    I saw Waltz many yrs before he was international famous as bad guy on Kommisar Rex.

    I remember Lene from Aqua , she got discovered on norwegian game show Casino where she sang
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Posts: 8,828
    Nice one. Though with a BMW 507 as its centerpiece, I could have done without Waltz and Seinfeld. And most of all without the IHOP commercial.

    Here's the story of how they found and restored the 507 formerly owned by Elvis Presley:
  • edited July 20 Posts: 1,672
    80 anniversary Hitler bombing
    55 anniversary moon landing

    Also Riggs birthday was 7/20

    Bruce Lee also passed 7/20
Sign In or Register to comment.