Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    OHMSS.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Tally so far:

AVTAK: 1
    OHMSS: 1

That was a short count.
  • Not sure where to post this. Apologies if you've all seen it! So bloody cool!

edited August 2023 Posts: 6,726
    Not sure where to post this. Apologies if you've all seen it! So bloody cool!

It is indeed! The cover and pulpy track titles are lovely, and thanks to this album I discovered those Barry tracks from Boom! and Dutchman (Albanian Toughs and Bond Smells Death, as they are renamed here). Those two are now among my absolute favorites from Barry.

Edit: And in fact, the music from Dutchman led me to the film, which I watched and loved, and the respective play, which I haven't watched but whose text I love nonetheless. So, discovering that album was quite fruitful for me.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 988
    If Craig and Moore's Bonds met each other, how do you think it would go?
    My guess is that Craig would get p*ssed at Moore's goofiness and one-liners to the point he would kill him.
    In less than two minutes.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Moore Bond would one-up Craig Bond with one-liners.

Craig Bond would smile in appreciation. Both drink.

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited September 2023 Posts: 3,390
    I remember when I'm first starting my life as a Bond fan, one of the things why I've bought a Nokia Phone (aside from the brand itself and the quality), was I've seen it in the No Time To Die advertisement.

Lashana Lynch was the one holding the Nokia Phone, and I've got myself amazed more! Like: "Wow! So Nokia is actually in a James Bond film?! That's cool! That's amazing!"

But things started to change, when I've seen all the Bond movies long before No Time To Die came because of so many postponements, I've had a high expectations for the film, but the length of it being postponed was also the length it took for me to be introduced into the Bond Franchise and seeing all the films, so when it came, I've already have knowledge about Bond and my expectations went low and more lower when I've seen the film.

But still, I love my Nokia and thanks to No Time To Die for promoting the brand of the phone more for me to buy it.

Back then, the price of my phone was still quite a bit expensive.

That's my Bond story! #Bond.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's funny, I remember spending a couple of years trying to get my hands on the Sony Ericsson C902 that Bond uses in QoS. I finally saw it in a mall for an astronomical price (along with spotting the shades he wears that I was always dying to own from the same film) but they were at least nice to see in person.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    That's funny, I remember spending a couple of years trying to get my hands on the Sony Ericsson C902 that Bond uses in QoS. I finally saw it in a mall for an astronomical price (along with spotting the shades he wears that I was always dying to own from the same film) but they were at least nice to see in person.

Yes, I think that's how powerful the product placements are in the James Bond Franchise.

It's interesting to know more of these stories like us, are there people who became Bond fans because of a Product Placements in a James Bond film?

Or the relation between us Bond fans and the Product Placements in the Bond Franchise, because I think it could also affect some Bond fans.

It's one of the most unforgettable moments for me when I was beginning to be a Bond fan.
    I'd bet you're right. I know I was quite malleable and impressionable at 17 when QoS came out, so I was after everything of Bond's in that film: his clothes, his shades, the phone, all of it. I never had the income for it (and never will) but I was definitely on the lookout for the longest time for them.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 1,639
    Michaelangelo
    1 hour ago

Delta flight to control please respond
    control here what's your status?
    we're in deep sh-

(news story about on flight diarrea)

lmao......s**t happens

Dennis
    2 hours ago

Flying today is truly a s show

:D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited September 2023 Posts: 17,805
    Nick Nack's at it again:

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/91Ip-jwARyE
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Sorry, I can find anything Nick Nack when opening the link (on my laptop). Just a bunch of other short clips in that revolting upright-smartphone format.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 17,805
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Sorry, I can find anything Nick Nack when opening the link (on my laptop). Just a bunch of other short clips in that revolting upright-smartphone format.

My 17,000th post and what a post it is!

It should contain a midget joke in short video form which I found pretty funny from the infamous Roy "Chubby" Brown. I know that Hervé Villechaize was quite the womaniser! :)

My 17,000th post and what a post it is!

It should contain a midget joke in short video form which I found pretty funny from the infamous Roy "Chubby" Brown. I know that Hervé Villechaize was quite the womaniser! :)

Good old Nack. Small but libidinous.
    Guys, I'm having some Mandela effects towards some things in the Bond Franchise, sure there's Dolly and her supposed braces, but for me, there are some more:

1. Even I've watched Licence To Kill many times, I'm still having a thought of Sanchez having some sort of facial deformity, in my mind, he had a face like that of Alec Trevelyan after the explosion (the burned face), I'm used to think Sanchez has that kind of face, a burned face on the right part, but when I've watched the film again, he had no facial deformity or any sort of disability, in short, no burns on his face.

2. In the Egyptian scenes of The Spy Who Loved Me, sure, there's Barbara Bach in that iconic black dress, but my mind used to think of her as having an earrings, especially in the Luxor Temple scenes (where her hair was tied), my mind keeps on picturing her there with a big, rounded earrings, but when everytime I'm watching the film (especially now), she actually had no earrings, (she had the bangles, makes kinda tricked my mind into thinking she also had earrings).

Such false memory.....
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    Guys, I'm having some Mandela effects towards some things in the Bond Franchise, sure there's Dolly and her supposed braces, but for me, there are some more:

1. Even I've watched Licence To Kill many times, I'm still having a thought of Sanchez having some sort of facial deformity, in my mind, he had a face like that of Alec Trevelyan after the explosion (the burned face), I'm used to think Sanchez has that kind of face, a burned face on the right part, but when I've watched the film again, he had no facial deformity or any sort of disability, in short, no burns on his face.

2. In the Egyptian scenes of The Spy Who Loved Me, sure, there's Barbara Bach in that iconic black dress, but my mind used to think of her as having an earrings, especially in the Luxor Temple scenes (where her hair was tied), my mind keeps on picturing her there with a big, rounded earrings, but when everytime I'm watching the film (especially now), she actually had no earrings, (she had the bangles, makes kinda tricked my mind into thinking she also had earrings).

Such false memory.....

Sanchez certainly had butns AFTER his encounter with Bond 😁
    https://live.autographmagazine.com/forum/topics/heroes-and-legends-are-good

this info relevant for 007/Beatles fans considering hes forged Macca
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Many of you (especially in big cities) may not consider this newsworthy, but even in our 2,500-population village we are finally entering the age of high-speed Internet.

In early spring, our town's administration struck a deal with the firm Deutsche Glasfaser GmbH (German Glass Fibre LLC) to set up a local network of "fibre to the home" for free, provided a minimum number of residents committed to being connected and agreed to pay monthly fees for two years, and it worked out. Yesterday morning the firm which acts as a building contractor for Deutsche Glasfaser suddenly called and asked if they could lay the cable from the street to our house (with no advance warning, but that was not a problem in this case). It took them (four workers) actually all day (nine hours) to get the cable up to the point where it is going to be inserted into the wall, since they had to dig a hole every 6 meters or so, and had to take up the concrete-block pavement for that, in order to "shoot" the cable through the ground under the driveway via a sort of compressor-powered underground torpedo, and then clean up the mess and repave the driveway. But it seems they did a good job.

And now we are waiting for the next person to actually come here and drill a hole through our wall and connect us. And then we are supposed to have up to 1,000 Mbits (downstream) per second, while we so far subside on 27 (and actually can live with that, but faster is always better). Before that (until about 10 years ago) we had only a tenth of even that. I'm excited!
    @j_w_pepper, that's a great upgrade for you, especially for free! I hope it's life-changing for your home and community.
    @j_w_pepper, that's a great upgrade for you, especially for free! I hope it's life-changing for your home and community.

Thanks, @Creasy47. As I said, we have no real problems until now, since my wife is working from home and having all kinds of Teams conferences, while I can still download stuff - slowly, of course - at the same time (and so far we haven't subscribed to any streaming service). But it keeps our home up-to-date, and I'm sure at some time having FTTH will be an important factor in the selling price. Considering that many same-size or even smaller communities in this country, including in our district/county, don't even have fibre up to their switchboard cabinets on public ground, but entirely subsist on copper having been there since the Fifties or so, I suddenly feel we're at the forefront of technical progress.

Thanks, @Creasy47. As I said, we have no real problems until now, since my wife is working from home and having all kinds of Teams conferences, while I can still download stuff - slowly, of course - at the same time (and so far we haven't subscribed to any streaming service). But it keeps our home up-to-date, and I'm sure at some time having FTTH will be an important factor in the selling price. Considering that many same-size or even smaller communities in this country, including in our district/county, don't even have fibre up to their switchboard cabinets on public ground, but entirely subsist on copper having been there since the Fifties or so, I suddenly feel we're at the forefront of technical progress.

It's crazy how far the technology's come. Even in my small county in West Virginia, I only had to move about half an hour up the road and move in with my girlfriend some years back to get lightning fast speeds, compared to my small town that was under the monopoly of one "good" ISP option that was super pricy and pure garbage in terms of speeds and connectivity.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited September 2023 Posts: 988
    Let's say every cinematic 007 incarnation is different from each other, with no connection whatsoever, what do you think happens after their movies end? (Except Craig since we already know)
    Connery - Retires during the mid-80's and marries Moneypenny.
    Lazenby - Retires shortly after Tracy's death, dies during the mid-70's after a long battle with deppresion.
    Moore - Retires shortly after 1985.
    Dalton - Becomes the next M during the mid-2000's.
    Brosnan - Retires during the mid-2000's and becomes a trainer for the new Double-O agents.
    Let's say every cinematic 007 incarnation is different from each other, with no connection whatsoever, what do you think happens after their movies end? (Except Craig since we already know)
    Connery - Retires during the mid-80's and marries Moneypenny.
    Lazenby - Retires shortly after Tracy's death, dies during the mid-70's after a long battle with deppresion.
    Moore - Retires shortly after 1985.
    Dalton - Becomes the next M during the mid-2000's.
    Brosnan - Retires during the mid-2000's and becomes a trainer for the new Double-O agents.

This is almost like......Oh, no 😁 (Codename Theory)

Anyway, this is how I imagine those:

Connery - Possibly married Moneypenny too (she asked him for a ring in DAF, so it's a likely sign), unless, we count NSNA and he settled down with Domino (Kim Basinger version).

Lazenby - Went rogue after Tracy's death, killed Blofeld (Savalas' version) and Irma Bunt (the reason why she'd never returned in DAF), then he retired, and joined Marc Ange Draco in Union Corse and when Marc Ange Draco died, Lazenby's Bond became the new leader of that organization, and married Olympe, he's also currently living in Corsica, where he's now the one who's handling the Construction Company (previously managed by Draco himself).

Moore - Still continued doing missions after AVTAK, but later retired due to old age, since he's still a bachelor (unmarried) and alone, he's currently living in a Retirement Home where his long lost son found him (unknowingly, he had an unknown son (or probably many more children) due to the number of women he had sex with 😅), and started to support him financially. Although, suddenly, because of Moore Bond's age, he couldn't able to take responsibility of the Child Support papers that was being sent to him, but his son decided to take all of the money he have in the bank (the money/salary that he collected when he's still an MI6 agent).

Dalton - Married Pam Bouvier straight after that night party, and went back to doing missions.

Brosnan - Because of the events of DAD, Brosnan's Bond never went back to MI6, and just lived with Jinx, although they've never got married, but Brosnan's Bond became homebound while Jinx is still active in the service, became the breadwinner of them two (the diamonds seen at the end of the film went to the NSA, so yes, none of them (Bond and Jinx) got to have used of it).
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I quite like that idea of what happened to Lazenby-Bond @SIS_HQ
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2023 Posts: 14,956
    Yes that's a great Lazenby ending.

I can imagine Moore's Bond reuniting with Octopussy, maybe even the two of them join forces and work more for charities helping people across the world.

ConneryBond retires to the Bahamas with Domino; maybe MI6 and the CIA (with a bit of a nod from Felix) see their way to giving him the Flying Saucer as a retirement gift, in return for a little bit of freelance troubleshooting now and then.

DaltonBond continues to work as 007 into the 90s, killed in action a few years later. Moneypenny and a few tearful restauranteurs attend the service.

BrosBond stays as 007 for a few more years, retires happily to Monaco. Flies into the UK occasionally for a few rounds of golf with Robinson.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @mtm …. Although I enjoy AVTAK, I really wish sailing off with Octopussy was the last time we saw Roger as Bond. And I could actually see the two working in charities— not too far from Moore’s real life.

And yes, I love the idea that Felix gives an assist to awarding Bond and Domino the Flying Saucer… and Connery-Bond getting a few in and out quickies as a freelancer.

Sadly, I could see Dalton-Bond ending this way. The man was born burnt-out, but somehow could still throw himself full throttle into the next assignment. It was only a matter of time before a bullet finally caught up to him. I’m sure poor Moneypenny got drunk on a bottle of Chardonnay while listening to her Barry Manilow collection, straight after the funeral.

And Brozz-Bond is fitting: smugly safe and enjoying a cigar on the course….

Well done, 😂
    New autographs haul :

Basinger B89 8x10 25$ (since 2017 shes been reluctant to sign thru mail)
    Biel 8x10 (matches IP '07 from LAX , too bad she often signs sloppy now)
    Niven check dated 15.4.48
    Baranski cut (she signs but you can be waiting 2 yrs if you get a reply at all)
    Janet Jones vintage sig 8x10 (mrs Gretzky quit showbiz yrs ago , bought it for my Police Academy stuff , rare)
    Evans sgd page & 4x6 (a nice sig from Dynasty and a recent sloppy sig , she signs "Linda" like a line now)
    Welch wig brochure (never seen this sgd before , rare)

A good haul this :D