Chat Thread - Free Discussion

Comments

• SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Do you guys consider Bond as an anti-hero or a hero?
    Hero. I don't think he's done anything wrong enough to be considered an antihero. Yes, he drinks and fornicates, but so do most people. Yes, he kills people, but they're all bad guys anyway.
    When I look up the definition for antihero on Google, it's pretty loose:

"a central character in a story, movie, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes."

Conventional heroic attributes can be subjective. I've personally thought of Bond as an antihero, just because he's so rough around the edges. In my mind, a "conventional" hero is more of a role model.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    You're going off-topic fellas. We were talking about toilets.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    mattjoes wrote: »
    You're going off-topic fellas. We were talking about toilets.

Maybe they've decided to cut the crap?
    Yeah. They definitely wanted to clear the air.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    A royal flush.
    edited April 2023 Posts: 17,804

Thankfully I didn't need to ventilate anyone. I'm handy.

j_w_pepper wrote: »
    A royal flush.

Bottoms up.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 6,724
    Dragonpol wrote: »
    Heartwarming.

I want to see this.

Catchy disco song at the end (thanks Shazam):

Very moving, Mr @mattjoes.

LOL
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    The latest from my favorite lunatics at Miniatur-Wunderland: Patagonia complete with a calving glacier, the Drake Passage and some Antarctica (no train there, I guess). Opened today, I'll be going to look at it within the next very few days.

There are English subtitles in these videos.

Those guys surpass themselves all the time.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Amazing! I need to visit Hamburg again, this looks spectacular.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Im glad Ingvar Ambjornsn (elling author) put his foot down re : editing his books aftr death
    edited May 2023 Posts: 3,390
    If Craig has No Time To Die

Roger Moore has:

52874151856_af1170e9ec_b.jpg

Edit: 🎶🎼There's just the Time To Die......🎼🎶

• edited May 2023 Posts: 1,639
    March 1 , 1973 : italian audience see Lee first time in "Fist of Fury". Just a month later Ponti sends investors to HK to discuss potential movie deal with Lee.
    March/Apr 1973 : US audience see Lee first time in "Big Boss"
    April 1973 : spanish audience see Lee first time "Big Boss"
    May 10 , 1973 : Lee has his first serious collapse at GH studios
    May 17 , 1973 : french audience see Lee first time "Big Boss"
    I like to think about OHMSS, FYEO and TWINE as something i call The Tracy Trilogy.
    I like to think about OHMSS, FYEO and TWINE as something i call The Tracy Trilogy.

You can add LTK, so it's a tetralogy, since LTK has Bond remembering Tracy because Felix's wife had died in his wedding day.
    MI6 Community is still undefeated, still the best Forum/Community about Bond.

Just saying ;)

When it comes to the worst, don't expect anything from Reddit.
    only thing that would make this more 70s is if Goldmember showed up dancing , lol
    modern toons i enjoy......fireman sam , peter rabbit , mr bean , canadian toon with the bear and those creatures
    Tracy wrote: »
    only thing that would make this more 70s is if Goldmember showed up dancing , lol

This is magnificent as it is. But as much as I like Cher (mostly her voice), she can't hold a candle to Tina in this.
    edited May 2023 Posts: 988
    I don't know if something like this happened to you, but years ago, i once dreamt about a Disney movie with Timothy Dalton playing the role of Rapunzel.
    Not my proudest anecdote.
  • edited May 2023 Posts: 1,639
    i had a dream few days ago where Trumps elevator fell (he was alone in it) , Trump smashes the stop button over and over while screaming then when the elevator hits the bottom he flies into the ceiling of the elevator , cracks his head open and blood everywhere.....i was more shocked than scared by that dream tho
    Tracy wrote: »
    i had a dream few days ago where Trumps elevator fell (he was alone in it) , Trump smashes the stop button over and over while screaming then when the elevator hits the bottom he flies into the ceiling of the elevator , cracks his head open and blood everywhere.....i was more shocked than scared by that dream tho

Sounds like the similar incident with Bond and Cedar Leiter in John Gardner's For Special Services (1982)!
    ;)

my folks bought a used RV , they had a small plastic boat but i think they seldom used it
    edited June 2023 Posts: 3,390
    I'm planning to create an Iceberg meme for the bizarre Bond facts, anyone can help me in thinking some facts or trivia about Bond,but here's what I know so far:

1. The Flaming Hand in LTK, and the haunted road of Mexicali Road in LTK in general.
    2. The Dying by painting Gold in GF Hoax.
    3. George Lazenby was nominated for a Golden Globes award for the 'Most Promising Newcomer' for OHMSS (see?!)
    4. Christopher Lee was a cousin of Ian Fleming.
    5. Roger Moore as James Bond in 1964 episode.
    6. Gert Frobe's nazi connections and GF was banned in Israel.
    7. The Early Warhead, NSNA scripts
    8. Maud Adams Cameo in AVTAK
    9. Ian Fleming cameo in FRWL
    10. A stuntman died in FYEO
    11. Moore found dead Bodies in the river klong in TMWTGG.
    12. There were no redhead 'main' villains in the Bond Franchise (they're either brown, blond or bald).
    13. Delicatessen in Stainless Steel from FYEO meaning.
    14. Mandela effect on Dolly's braces
    15. Jan Werich Blofeld audition clips in YOLT
    16. Out of 25, only three Main Villains were died of cold blood from Bond (Scaramanga, Stromberg and Elektra), this was despite of how iconic was Bond's gunshot, the rest of them didn't died from Bond's iconic gunshot.

Feel free to add other facts.....🙂
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 13,929
    In LALD, an actor passed out from a snake being waved around in front of them. I presume it was Baines himself, and the fainting is seen in the film.
    QBranch wrote: »
    In LALD, an actor passed out from a snake being waved around in front of them. I presume it was Baines himself, and the fainting is seen in the film.

Thanks! @QBranch 🙂