Rare and unseen Bond photos , images and posters.

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Not d'Abo:

o9P1Rl.jpg

More:

JnMqHl.jpg

R3nx0l.jpg

And from other actors... http://www.archivo007.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7486
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    For some reason Maryam came to mind, as I read once that she was involved in the screen testing to some degree as an actress.

In that last photo of Brosnan I wonder if they had him do a fight like the Che-Che one in OHMSS too, to see his physicality. So much cool stuff that we haven't gotten to actually see from these screen tests, but we get Brolin's shoddy audition in fine quality. What's up with that?
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Not d'Abo:

o9P1Rl.jpg

More:

JnMqHl.jpg

R3nx0l.jpg

And from other actors... http://www.archivo007.com/foros/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7486

Great photos ,thanks for that !!
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    In that last photo of Brosnan I wonder if they had him do a fight like the Che-Che one in OHMSS too, to see his physicality. So much cool stuff that we haven't gotten to actually see from these screen tests, but we get Brolin's shoddy audition in fine quality. What's up with that?
    You're right. They test them with two scenes: one romantic (Tania and Bond or Tracy and Bond) and a fight (OHMSS).
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    we really dodged a bullet there.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    we really dodged a bullet there.

Well, for about a decade at least. ;)
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 2,896
    The pictures from the OHMSS auditions, especially on page 4, are not only eye-catching, but they also confirm that Peter Hunt was right in favoring Lazenby. I'm not sure why John Richardson was tested, since he looked more like John Barry than James Bond. Hans de Vries looked more suitable, but one simply doesn't cast a Bond with a German name. However, I did like Robert Campbell, who had the cruel good looks and air of toughness ideal for the part. Whether he could act was another matter.

Revelator wrote: »
    The pictures from the OHMSS auditions, especially on page 4, are not only eye-catching, but they also confirm that Peter Hunt was right in favoring Lazenby. I'm not sure why John Richardson was tested, since he looked more like John Barry than James Bond. Hans de Vries looked more suitable, but one simply doesn't cast a Bond with a German name. However, I did like Robert Campbell, who had the cruel good looks and air of toughness ideal for the part. Whether he could act was another matter.

I tend to agree. I've seen a lot of photos that cover all the men who were testing for OHMSS and although George has never screamed Bond to me as much as others who've been cast, he was by far the best choice of the lot as far as feeling and presence goes. Granted, I get this only from photos, but you can sense a lot through that.
    That Robert Campbell fellow looks like he could've been Henry Cavill father, by looking at those screen test photos.

John Richardson'e haircut there reminds me of Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces: "I'd like a vodka martini, hold the olive. I want you to hold it between your knees!".
    I kind of liked Robert Campbell's look as well as Anthony Rogers. I wonder what their voices were like?
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    Hans de Vries looked more suitable, but one simply doesn't cast a Bond with a German name.

Hans De Vries sounds very Dutch to me. :-P But indeed, would have been a little weird.

There isn't much info about him online.

• peterpeter Toronto
    Campbell looked great-- lean, but muscular. Great look.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I kind of don't see Campbell as Bond at all. I think the most suitable out of all the candidates they've put was Lazenby.
    Lazenby all the way, out of that lot.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Lazenby all the way, out of that lot.
    +1
  • TherealthunderballsTherealthunderballs Isle of Skye
    edited October 2017 Posts: 27
    Roger Moore - Behind the scenes on Octopussy
    Brilliant stills, mate. Thanks for sharing.
    Wow, that first shot of Roger is awesome. Would make for a great poster image...
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited November 2017 Posts: 4,554
    Has this one come up? I hadn't seen it before today.

how-daniel-craig-developed-james-bonds-street-fighting-skills-1446663480.jpeg?crop=1xw:0.8467741935483871xh;center,center&resize=0:*
    TripAces wrote: »
    Has this one come up? I hadn't seen it before today.

how-daniel-craig-developed-james-bonds-street-fighting-skills-1446663480.jpeg?crop=1xw:0.8467741935483871xh;center,center&resize=0:*

One of my favorites.
  • Was trying to find a good picture of Pierce Brosnan in a snow setting...found this one: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e5/fa/3b/e5fa3b8eb93fbdcbd1708d4db6ea01a4.jpg

However, the water mark and dimensions make the image sort of unusable. Does anyone have a similar image? Alternatively I could try to paste Brosnan's head on another person's body but my photoshop skills aren't great so the result would more than likely leave much a lot to be desired.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    After seeing a picture of Roger that @Therealthunderballs posted on his twitter, I decided to fix Rog's face (the photo was folded and had a staple on his nose).

ci9hzjkgqa901.png

The original image:
    Great clean up job, @AgentJamesBond007!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited January 2018 Posts: 7,973

Hans de Vries is a Dutch, not a German name.....

edit: I see @Jeffrey already said this. Not that a Dutch name is much better for a Bond actor, but there's a notable difference....
    Hans de Vries is a Dutch, not a German name.....
    Not that a Dutch name is much better for a Bond actor, but there's a notable difference....

My apologies to Dutch folk everywhere. In my defense, "Hans" is a Germanic name. However, I should have noticed that "de Vries" wasn't. In any case, it doesn't feel right for a Bond actor to be from a non-Commonwealth country, though for all I know de Vries might have been born and raised in the UK.

• DikkoHendersonDikkoHenderson Daniel Craig at the plastic surgery clinic- "Gently my friend Gently... THAT'S NOT BLOODY GENTLY!!"
    After seeing a picture of Roger that @Therealthunderballs posted on his twitter, I decided to fix Rog's face (the photo was folded and had a staple on his nose).

ci9hzjkgqa901.png

The original image:

Bravissimo! A truly seamless restoration.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Can't say I've seen them before; an article states these shots from GF have been unearthed after 50 years, featuring Guy Hamilton directing:

2AD7060700000578-0-image-a-152_1437869645951.jpg

2AD705FB00000578-0-image-m-154_1437869726179.jpg

2AD7060F00000578-0-image-m-156_1437869796520.jpg

2AD7060300000578-0-image-m-158_1437869820486.jpg