Rare and unseen Bond photos , images and posters.

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Of course not since it is a "working scene/test"; without proper colour correction, editing and music, it should not be seen-- this is a controlled testing environment .

But still, DC looks damnnfine.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's a cool picture but I don't think the longer hair suits him honestly.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Craig's audition for the role.

VUZQjrr.jpg

I've seen a rough shot of that, but never a crisp one. I hope we get to see the audition footage one day, though EON seem to not like sharing that stuff.

They don't like sharing QoS alternate endings either, unfortunately. I would love to see it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'll always remember the first shot of him as Bond holding the PPK with the longer hair. They swapped the shot out later with an almost identical shot of him with shorter hair and it looked much better imho.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Yeah have you guys seen like the orginal press thing for CR where they announced the film and Daniel Craig, his long hair looks terrible
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Yeah have you guys seen like the orginal press thing for CR where they announced the film and Daniel Craig, his long hair looks terrible
    That was too long (for Bond at least), however I thought Craig's look in Heineken: The Chase was brilliant for Bond. I seem to be the minority on that front.

jake24 wrote: »
    That was too long (for Bond at least), however I thought Craig's look in Heineken: The Chase was brilliant for Bond. I seem to be the minority on that front.

I was going to reference this ad in my previous post. I thought he looked awful here for some reason. It's thinned out a bit with age and that may have something to do with it, but I just prefer him with a much closer cropped do these days personally.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I actually liked that look a lot, personally. He was sophisticated and looked as such in that manner as opposed to his constant SAS hairdos.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Via Twitter, some behind the scenes photos from LTK: http://bit.ly/2gNcCsQ
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Via Twitter, some behind the scenes photos from LTK: http://bit.ly/2gNcCsQ
    Erik posted a few of those on a specific thread here a few years ago, but I don't think I've seen all of these photos. Thanks. How cool it must have been to hang out with Dalton, Davi and Kiel (I didn't realize he was on set).

Whenever I watch the film these days I can't help but notice him in a few of the Florida scenes. It's a bit distracting. Lol!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

I actually liked that look a lot, personally. He was sophisticated and looked as such in that manner as opposed to his constant SAS hairdos.

Well I dont like the SAS cut for sure. I like his hair in CR - they should just do that again.

That advert gives me a headache everytime I watch it
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    peter wrote: »
    Of course not since it is a "working scene/test"; without proper colour correction, editing and music, it should not be seen-- this is a controlled testing environment .

But still, DC looks damnnfine.

Screentests get released for tons of films on blu-ray extras, and Bond should do the same. It'd be fascinating to watch all the men who could've been Bond, or even just the one who did get selected.

Lazenby's tests with his competition would be riveting to watch, for instance, just to compare how each actor handled certain moments. I'd also love to see if they taped him cracking a stuntman's nose, the thing that won over Saltzman, if rumors are to be believed.
    Murdock wrote: »
    It's a cool picture but I don't think the longer hair suits him honestly.

Dan definitely looks best with short hair. I especially loved it in QoS, as it was short but also less military and more classic (though I have no issue with the military cut, as that fits the overall style and mood of his Bond).

@jake24, I like that advert, and don't seem to mind the hair as much as others; though when it's Dan I can forgive a lot. I'm just used to seeing him with it short, so it was jarring to see at first. I wouldn't be upset if that was a style he wore, though I think keeping consistency with his other cuts would be best.

Part of me does want to see him in slightly long hair with a comma of it coming down the right side of his face, to add a Fleming touch. All of Sean's hairpieces from GF on incorporated the right side comma, and on accident Pierce and Tim had it at certain points. I always love it when the actor's hair falls that certain way, as it just brings them a little bit closer to the original character in Fleming's mind. I hope one day we'll also have a Bond actor who gets to wear the vertical scar on the cheek.

Well I dont like the SAS cut for sure. I like his hair in CR - they should just do that again.

I wonder what is it that gives you a headache from that advert. It's a great piece of advert and wonderfully directed. Doesn't need any changing.

Wasn't his hair in SP similar to that of the one in CR?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2017 Posts: 28,694

I wonder what is it that gives you a headache from that advert. It's a great piece of advert and wonderfully directed. Doesn't need any changing.

Wasn't his hair in SP similar to that of the one in CR?

The advert is a bit of a Moore-esque camp piece, so maybe it's jarring to see Dan in that light for @JamesBondKenya. I'm glad that the EON and co. get this kind of stuff out of their system in the commercials, and let Dan be his Bond in the films.

That being said, I like him in it and his delivery of, "Lunch?"
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    PquDSy3.jpg

V5pWW87.jpg

gWFQ7ue.jpg

Cj6cO5v.jpg

EwH5Nn8.jpg

CviowDJ.jpg

G6xYywf.jpg

z8BFU2p.jpg

vgYMnhK.jpg

wpAkLZz.jpg

EUNWm7j.jpg

Ir1NeGD.jpg

1DoRQMZ.jpg

6ELmTT9.jpg

KuTBXha.jpg

Qan36x6.jpg

O0Lo2Nb.jpg

MaJ8Tmy.jpg

Dpww9C2.jpg

qRhnekZ.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Great pictures!
    That Connery lad is one good-lookin' madafaka. I'm jealous of his looks!
    Yes, great photos. He had a perfect blend of ruggedness and suave style, which is quite apparent from these photos. Very confident man, which helps too.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Yes, great photos. He had a perfect blend of ruggedness and suave style, which is quite apparent from these photos. Very confident man, which helps too.
    Hear hear. It's time we had this type of actors, again.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Love the first one. I'd pull that face if I saw something I'd written in a bookshop, too.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

I'm not sure @BondJames, this is actually Caroline Bliss with Talisa Soto on set:
    caroline-bliss-and-talisa-soto-both-actresses-june-1989-b4n70p.jpg

And sorry, but I don't think this is Caroline Bliss; the woman sitting. I would reckon she worked behind the scenes or was owner of the location?:
    [img][/img]8hHaaN4.jpg

According to one twitter user it's Anna Rack. I kid you not.

Amazing stuff, @marketto007. The vast majority I've never seen, which isn't something I say often!

Never weird to see Sean look cool, but it's still so crazy to see that he looked endlessly more fit for the role a decade after DAF in NSNA than he did in his early 40s. If he was more youthful in DAF, I'd love it even more.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I haven't seen most of those DN shots - lovely, and look like they could've been snapped just yesterday. Wild.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I haven't seen most of those DN shots - lovely, and look like they could've been snapped just yesterday. Wild.

Exactly, just crazy. Watching the 60s films on blu-ray gives me that same feeling.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Exactly, just crazy. Watching the 60s films on blu-ray gives me that same feeling.

Same here,some of those photos are so clear,its incredible.

Well done @marketto007 ,as usual...there are quite a few there I hadn't seen before !

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    @ClarkDevlin , @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    Do you guys remember the discussion we had back in December about this photo?

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/683596/#Comment_683596

I found another photo of this, which I believe isn't colourised, and I think it proves my theory that Connery's shirt was indeed untucked during some takes of the scene.

http://seanconneryfan.ru/2fot/f13-18-383.jpg
  • @ClarkDevlin , @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    Do you guys remember the discussion we had back in December about this photo?

https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/comment/683596/#Comment_683596

I found another photo of this, which I believe isn't colourised, and I think it proves my theory that Connery's shirt was indeed untucked during some takes of the scene.

http://seanconneryfan.ru/2fot/f13-18-383.jpg

This is a big big style bummer!! And all we did in here was criticising Daniel Craig's suits from SF and SP :-P!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.

I'm not sure @BondJames, this is actually Caroline Bliss with Talisa Soto on set:

And sorry, but I don't think this is Caroline Bliss; the woman sitting. I would reckon she worked behind the scenes or was owner of the location?:
    [img][/img]8hHaaN4.jpg[/img.

That's AnnaRack played by Marye Morgan
    She was used as a TV news reporter in the film but the scene was dropped.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »

8hHaaN4.jpg

That's AnnaRack played by Marye Morgan
    She was used as a TV news reporter in the film but the scene was dropped.
    Excellent find. Thanks for finally solving the mystery!

Here's a photo I found of the deleted scene:
    8iiVR52.jpg

Her Imdb page:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0604887/
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Davi was so cool; very composed and then explode with anger (and hurt) at being betrayed. Best performance of the film and surely one of the best villains