Going away or coming back?

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A warm welcome back to @barryt007 and @bigladiesman!
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 624
    Hello everybody! I'm back but I can't say for how long, as I'm notorious for logging in, posting a few times, and then waiting 3 years to post again. We got some news today about Bond 25 that made me log in to see reactions to it. I'll try to pop in now and again from now until April 2020 (and hopefully beyond!)

I honestly don't try to ignore you guys, but times change, careers happen, new hobbies form, but I can assure you I'm the same ol' TopGearJB007 who is obsessed with James Bond. This is my 13th anniversary of being on MI6, back when it was mi6.co.uk (keeping the british end up!)

Also, my username hasn't aged well haha.
    Hello old pal,great to see you !!

Howz life ?
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 624
    @barryt007 I'm good, thanks for asking! How are you? You still like James Bond? ;)
    Oh yes !!!

No change on that front he he ,still driving friends and families mad about everything 007 !
    Sure am! haha
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Great to hear from you, @TopGearJB007! I'm glad it was a reply to my comment which marked your return. I hope you're as pumped for B25 as me, I like to think it will be on CR-level awesomeness.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Great to hear from you, @TopGearJB007! I'm glad it was a reply to my comment which marked your return. I hope you're as pumped for B25 as me, I like to think it will be on CR-level awesomeness.

Well, you gave Gasly wayyyy too much credit. :)) I had to say something.

Yes, I hope it will be a good movie.
    Well, you gave Gasly wayyyy too much credit. :)) I had to say something.
    :)) Hey, I credited my boy Jimbo as being quicker than both F1 drivers! Mind you, he most likely had some 'optional extras' installed.
    If I've learned anything from the movies, anyone in danger is immediately good at stuff as soon as they begin.
    Cue Elvis and his magical disappearing pants.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    His pants have left the building.
    Haha! They were on their last leg.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I'm off to Vanuatu - for a week. Snorkelling, swimming, sun and sand. Planning to read a bit of Thunderball while I'm there to amplify the Bondian exoticism of the experience.
    Enjoy your downtime, @Major_Boothroyd.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    That all sounds just fabulous. Enjoy!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I'm off to Vanuatu - for a week. Snorkelling, swimming, sun and sand. Planning to read a bit of Thunderball while I'm there to amplify the Bondian exoticism of the experience.

It is perhaps not that far from Isthmus?

Fantastic Major B x bring us back TB style photos !
    With this post it's time for a break.

I see more and more trolling on this website than before and hence no longer a fun Bondian community.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @ToTheRight
    Can you tell me where this trolling is taking place? Thank you.
    @ToTheRight I enjoy reading your comments, they're funny and contemplative.

There are some individuals here who could use a lesson in manners, but don't let em get to you; and don't even waste your time responding (unless of course, you have a killer comeback)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

There are some individuals here who could use a lesson in manners, but don't let em get to you; and don't even waste your time responding (unless of course, you have a killer comeback)

QBranchth speaketh the truth.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

QBranchth speaketh the truth.

I dislike the +1 posts, but in this case I can only say +1.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I dislike the +1 posts, but in this case I can only say +1.

Me too, and me too.

@ToTheRight, I hope you'll either reconsider, or have a good break and bounce back to us soon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    With this post it's time for a break.

I see more and more trolling on this website than before and hence no longer a fun Bondian community.

A break is never a bad thing I am thinking the same, take it easy
  • edited July 2019 Posts: 19,339
    Don't be a stranger @ToTheRight .
    What will the 'Comments while you watch' threads be without you !!!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 2,721
    Back to the Mi6 Community page as it is the last day of holidays in Vanuatu. Thank for the Bon voyage send offs you lovely people! I'm now back in the main city of Port Vila and have to catch an early morning flight back to Isthmus tomorrow and then the crushing reality of work the next day.

Have spent a week in some of the most beautiful beaches. The remote island of Espirtu Santo was the highlight. Spent four days in a simple hut on the shore of Lannoc Beach. Literally thirty metres from the shoreline. Around the corner is Champagne Beach - one of the most idyllic settings ever. Found coconuts on the beach, drank the coconut water, then cracked it open and ate the flesh as I read Thunderball on the beach next to my wife. It was perfection.

Thunderball was a good read, even if the experience was more like Crab Key. I even swam up from snorkelling and would show my wife a shell and say 'I can sell these in Miami for 50 dollars! 50!' She would look blankly, knowing I was making a reference to some film, probably a Bond one...

Excellent snorkelling all around Vanuatu. A real highlight for you Bond fans would be Million Dollar Point where the Americans pushed all their military vehicles into the water at the end of world war 2. You can snorkel down and see the rusted jeeps and ships. It's both haunting and beautiful as colourful coral breathes new life into the watery graveyard. Attracting luminously bright fish who swim all around you. It's quite a unique marvel.

Glad to be back and will join the 'Award Winning Bond Comments' thread when I watch Thunderball (which will be shortly!)
    Back to the Mi6 Community page as it is the last day of holidays in Vanuatu. Thank for the Bon voyage send offs you lovely people! I'm now back in the main city of Port Vila and have to catch an early morning flight back to Isthmus tomorrow and then the crushing reality of work the next day.

Have spent a week in some of the most beautiful beaches. The remote island of Espirtu Santo was the highlight. Spent four days in a simple hut on the shore of Lannoc Beach. Literally thirty metres from the shoreline. Around the corner is Champagne Beach - one of the most idyllic settings ever. Found coconuts on the beach, drank the coconut water, then cracked it open and ate the flesh as I read Thunderball on the beach next to my wife. It was perfection.

Thunderball was a good read, even if the experience was more like Crab Key. I even swam up from snorkelling and would show my wife a shell and say 'I can sell these in Miami for 50 dollars! 50!' She would look blankly, knowing I was making a reference to some film, probably a Bond one...

Excellent snorkelling all around Vanuatu. A real highlight for you Bond fans would be Million Dollar Point where the Americans pushed all their military vehicles into the water at the end of world war 2. You can snorkel down and see the rusted jeeps and ships. It's both haunting and beautiful as colourful coral breathes new life into the watery graveyard. Attracting luminously bright fish who swim all around you. It's quite a unique marvel.

Glad to be back and will join the 'Award Winning Bond Comments' thread when I watch Thunderball (which will be shortly!)

Fantastic post and a warm welcome back Major B !!!!
    Any photos ??
    barryt007 wrote: »

Fantastic post and a warm welcome back Major B !!!!
    Any photos ??

Thanks @barryt007 - I will post some photos once I'm back home. Need to start a Flickr account to store them! I think there should be some good ones for all you fans of tropical bond settings (and let's face it. Who among us isn't?!)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Welcome back @Major_Boothroyd sounds like you had a fantastic time.
    Look forward to seeing some photos.