Going away or coming back?

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    @stag? The spy book author.

@Birdleson's having a little fun. Like the time he called me claiming he was a doctor from a fertility clinic with evidence that none of my kids had any of my DNA. I thought it was a prank... until it wasn't... :(
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Yes. They do :(
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Merry Christmas @stag have a great 2019
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    edited December 2018 Posts: 1,053
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Who the Hell was that again!?!

A question I have asked myself many times since 2017.

The circumstances surrounding my wife’s death were such that I was plunged into a black hole from which I am now only beginning to emerge. I lost interest in everything, including life itself. Now though, after the longest eighteen months of my life, I am beginning to heal to the point where I can think about a return to some normality.

@PropertyOfALady I did spend some time re-writing my books before they were released in paperback. I had lost all interest in writing but plan to return to it at some point. Indeed, I've even got so far as to outline a plot for my fourth Harry Flynn book. Whether or not anything will materilalise as a result is another story.

This may seem silly, but I found spending some time in the company of the Ian Fleming novels afforded a release from my woes.

Anyway, enough self pity. I won't bore anyone again. As already stated, I hope to make a return to MI6 because I feel it is the best site of its kind, with some great members and a good moderation team.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    stag wrote: »
    This may seem silly, but I found spending some time in the company of the Ian Fleming novels afforded a release from my woes.

Not silly at all. I do the same.

Sorry you've had such a rough time. It sounds as if you're clawing your way back into the daylight now. Hope things get easier.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Taking a break I have been grieving for a few months, it's having a negative effect on me. I need to find my focus.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Taking a break I have been grieving for a few months, it's having a negative effect on me. I need to find my focus.

You do what you need to do, and remember you've always got us here to talk with any time you need to. You'll be missed, my friend.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »

You do what you need to do, and remember you've always got us here to talk with any time you need to. You'll be missed, my friend.

I second that. Take care.
    Take care, @Fire_and_Ice_Returns – hope to have you back soon. Will miss our regular FPL discussion!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    @stag great to hear you are at last beginning to recover ( if that's even the right expression ).
    You've had one of the hardest experiences any of us will ever have to deal with, and it will simply take time to heal.
    I'm sure all our thoughts are with you. I too have not been active on the forum for months, not because of a lack of interest in Bond, but avoiding pointless arguments over a difference in opinion.
    Cheers guys, Christmas has a habit of magnifying things, except I am not depressed I feel angry.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Fire_and_Ice_Returns whatever emotion it is (grief, anger, sadness), it may help to write it off of you. Not necesserily here, can be for yourself only. Any which way I wish you luck coping with it. TIme heals a lot, but sometimes it needs a bit of help.

@Thunderpussy. Thanks. I understand your point of view about 'pointless arguments'.

@Fire_and_Ice_Returns. My sympathies. Anger is just one of the gamut of emotions and is natural. I had that and guilt in spades (still do). If I am being rational I have nothing to feel guilty about but the emotions take over and I feel that way because I was powerless to stop things from happening. The rage thing stems from the same source. Although I haven't explained it well, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. I wish you well and hope that you can find some peace.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    A very warm welcome back, @stag. You've been in my thoughts often and I'm glad you're back and feeling more like your old self again.

Like everything, these things take time. I can empathise in how you feel, without really knowing of course. Anyway, rest assured that we're all here for you if you need anything and are looking forward to your active return.
    Thanks again. I don't want to bore people further with my personal problems so I'm going to cut off the topic.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Taking some time off from here for a while. Cheers.
    Remington wrote: »
    Taking some time off from here for a while. Cheers.

Hope you re all right. See you later.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @stag
    Welcome back, sir!

@Remington
    Please don't stay away too long.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Remington Get well soon.
    See you later.
    You leaving too? :)
    QBranch wrote: »
    See you later.

Eventually.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    See you later.

Eventually.

Just not now. He's leaving when we all leave. The day when REM plays "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" one last time.
    I have obligations. Otherwise I would be a goner.
    I'm not saying I want you to go...just making conversation. :)
    I'm not saying I want you to go...just making conversation. :)

Haha, same.
    Every dog has its day and so does every dragon.
    Every dog has its day, and some days drag on.

Even better. :)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote: »

Even better. :)

Until they go wrong.

sorry, wrong thread
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Everything's fine. Just on a break lol.
    Right lads and lasses I’m off to SE Asia on Wednesday for 2.5 weeks so just letting u all know rather than just disappearing.