Going away or coming back?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yet ANOTHER thread knocking the Bond films ! From a member known for basically
    Spamming. So I'm off for a break. Sadly guys I love theses film and it is so tiring to
    Constantly read, people finding faults in them, ( many of which are unjustified, they simp!y
    Haven't watched or understood the film )
    So I'll simply enjoy watching the films for a while in a big Bond love in. :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Yet ANOTHER thread knocking the Bond films ! From a member known for basically
    Spamming. So I'm off for a break. Sadly guys I love theses film and it is so tiring to
    Constantly read, people finding faults in them, ( many of which are unjustified, they simp!y
    Haven't watched or understood the film )
    So I'll simply enjoy watching the films for a while in a big Bond love in. :D

Yeah it's pretty sad and annoying. I thought we were all Bond fans. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your break and return soon.
  • This is a forum to discuss the films....

Your disagreement with my post is welcome but to say I shouldn't make it in the first place, on a Bond discussion forum, is baffling and absurd. I am a fan of Bond, in the sense that I enjoy discussing the films. I'm sorry that you feel every post on here should be a shallow remark accompanied by a laughing face.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Thunderpussy
    Enjoy the break - please return soon.
    As for the "spamming", unless we're talking about different threads here, I don't think the one you're disagreeing with is spam. We are allowed to criticise the Bonds and as long as the criticism is backed up with actual arguments, there's no point in closing such a thread. I believe we can point out the flaws in a Bond film while still loving and enjoying the series overall. Quite frankly, that's part of being a Bond fan. You love Bond, despite the imperfections; yet you acknowledge the imperfections, despite your love for Bond.
    Please feel free to express your doubts about certain threads via PM.
  • Thank you @darthdimi. I hope thunderpussy's tantrum comes to an end soon & he learns the virtues of reasoned debate.
    Thank you @darthdimi. I hope thunderpussy's tantrum comes to an end soon & he learns the virtues of reasoned debate.

Now now, I'm quite sure @Thunderpussy did not go off on a meltdown and knowing him very well, I can honestly say he does understand the virtues of reasoned debate. I can vow for that.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    This is a forum to discuss the films....

I'm sorry that you feel every post on here should be a shallow remark accompanied by a laughing face.

I for one wish those things didn't exist. They dummy down ideas and discussion. I've managed to get my points across in a clear fashion without ever using any little yellow heads or faces made with punctuation symbols on here or in any other correspondence in my life.

Unfortunately some people are rather sensitive and need to be told or 'Explained to via emoticons' what the nature of a post is.
    Tone is often hard to interrupt on the net, especially when we cover the globe with our members. People are often mistaken with a post that is supposed to be lighthearted, but taken all too seriously.
    I get your point, but sadly this is the World we seem to live in now. You know, wrong is okay, because it wasn't explained to me well enough, and the way you told me was really hurtful. So that's why I robbed you at gunpoint, kinda thing.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    Thank you @darthdimi. I hope thunderpussy's tantrum comes to an end soon & he learns the virtues of reasoned debate.

Now now, I'm quite sure @Thunderpussy did not go off on a meltdown and knowing him very well, I can honestly say he does understand the virtues of reasoned debate. I can vow for that.

Yes sorry wrong word. A sulk is a better description. Anyway I will leave it there. Best not to discuss someone in their absence.

@Birdleson Totally agree.
    I will not leave it there, @Scaramanga12. You will not get the final saying in this if it involves calling @Thunderpussy a sulk. If you insist on not discussing someone in their absence, why the ugly remark first? That's like shooting someone and immediately organising a protest group against firearms. Anyway, never mind. Just remember your place here, if you'd please. I saw no harm in your thread and I specifically said so a few post ago. But I do not appreciate the fancy remarks hurled at Thunderpussy. That's the sort of things that'll always get you into trouble on forums like these.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Do come back soon, @Thunderpussy. We enjoy having you here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And be sure to know your place.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Sad to see my friend @Thunderpussy go. I hope he'll be back again with us soon enough.
    His real love for the Bond novels and films always shines through.
  • Like every teenager who's thrown a strop
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Nice. Good to see someone who is respected like Thunderpussy treated this way.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    What the Hell is wrong with you? Are you trying to get a bad rep on here?
    He already does.
  • No, I just don't like to see people throwing strops being indulged.
    Stop it, man. What is the matter with you?
    He was banned for a reason.
    Yes, it's starting to come back to me.
  • Explain to me where I'm wrong? Please go on, because from my POV I created a thread for discussion and this prat starts whining about how I'm a spammer & my thread shouldn't exist because he doesn't like criticism of the films. And then when I call it what it is - a childish tantrum, people get on MY back.
    We set the record straight with one post. That should have been it. You went after him once. I corrected you in a kind manner. Then you went after him again. And once more. Not giving up is why people get on your back.

I fully agree, your thread was spot-on! I've been reading every post in it; it's an eye opener. Everyone should read your OP and comments made by The Wiz and others. And Thunderpussy was wrong in calling it spam for it is not, in fact it's a great thread.

But we're done with that now. And Thunderpussy is a member we all like and respect. I wanted to make that perfectly clear. I had hoped we could have left it there.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
    Hi everyone, I have in fact being posting away in the James Bond quote
    Conversation thread ( great fun, and takes loads of memory work ) and to
    Save any bad feeling will simply ( as much as I can ) avoid the "slagging off"
    The Bond films threads.
    My use of emoticons, may annoy some but I have done it for years, as I count
    Myself very, very lucky through Bond forums to have many friends across the world.
    So as English is not the first language of several and their humour different from my
    British one. I find it a very handy shorthand to show it's not a serious point, I'm making.
    Like the time I joked N.Yorkishire was still using dial up. Although I think they may be
    Part of the UK now. ;)
    Also there are far too many great people on here to be gone too long. :x
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Bless your heart!
    "May the hospitality of these miserable quarters be sufficient to your needs"
    Explain to me where I'm wrong? Please go on, because from my POV I created a thread for discussion and this prat starts whining about how I'm a spammer & my thread shouldn't exist because he doesn't like criticism of the films. And then when I call it what it is - a childish tantrum, people get on MY back.

• @Murdock You should be addressing that to TP (Top prat or something else?)

You're right @DarthDimi I should have let it go after my first remark here.

I think the others have made some reasoned posts, but lets not be blinded by notions of 'long standing member'.

I will probably be sticking to the guess the character thread for a week or two to avoid these confrontations, which I freely admit I don't shy from. I have always called a spade a spade.
    @Scaramanga12, You're the one being antagonistic towards @Thunderpussy, So what if he uses the smiles, I use them too. We have rules here. Follow them. If you're going to be antagonistic and call people names, then you might as well go somewhere else. You were given a second chance. Why? Hell if I know, but at the rate you're going you're going to use that up very quickly.