Going away or coming back?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @BMW_with_missiles, things get that heated on auto forums, do they? Did wars flame up over matte finishes or chrome? Muscle cars vs. sports cars? Shiny or dull rims?

If anything, I hope you got the axe on that forum by being prepared to go to your death on the stance that the Aston Martin DB5 is the greatest car of all time. ;)

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 =)) Well, it was a Lotus forum to be specific, but there were quite a few fans of the DB5 on there (myself included). A decent Bond fan base too.

Ah, now I know why they all booted you. You told them all the sad truth that you couldn't actually drive a Lotus underwater like Bond does in TSWLM (an activity on all their bucket lists) and like kids finding out Santa isn't real, they lashed out at you and ousted you unceremoniously. Am I close? I'm close, right?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    @BMW_with_missiles, things get that heated on auto forums, do they? Did wars flame up over matte finishes or chrome? Muscle cars vs. sports cars? Shiny or dull rims?

If anything, I hope you got the axe on that forum by being prepared to go to your death on the stance that the Aston Martin DB5 is the greatest car of all time. ;)

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 =)) Well, it was a Lotus forum to be specific, but there were quite a few fans of the DB5 on there (myself included). A decent Bond fan base too.

Ah, now I know why they all booted you. You told them all the sad truth that you couldn't actually drive a Lotus underwater like Bond does in TSWLM (an activity on all their bucket lists) and like kids finding out Santa isn't real, they lashed out at you and ousted you unceremoniously. Am I close? I'm close, right?

Yes. They were also angered by my informing them that a life sized Barbara Bach figurine was not included as standard equipment in the Esprit.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I have been a member on this reincarnation of the site since day one and on MI6 as a whole for soon 10 years. But I can't say I have been an active poster here. Sure, I have MI6 set as my default homepage and I spend more than a healthy dose of time her everyday. But, as the years have gone by and especially since the premiere of Spectre I feel that this place has gone sour.
    I won't let my opinions of that particular film cloud my enjoyment of this site but I feel that this site has changed drastically. There are more tension, more off-note comments, bad attitude from a vocal groups of members and overall just a snarky attitude that I feel has taken over the site.
    I am a active user on some other Bond-forums (which as of always should remain unnamed) where the atmosphere is a whole lot better.

I am not saying goodbye, because frankly I don't know what I would do with my time without this forum. But I will just air my complaints and refrain from posting indefinitely.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Sorry to hear that @MrBond. We always appreciate feedback and suggestions from members, but if you'd be willing to PM me and give me some more of your thought on this, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

Yes. They were also angered by my informing them that a life sized Barbara Bach figurine was not included as standard equipment in the Esprit.
    What the...... !!!! you're kidding, right!
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited August 2017 Posts: 9,020
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited August 2016 Posts: 3,000

What the...... !!!! you're kidding, right!

Of course! :))
    Well, the time for the baby to arrive is getting closer and closer (less than a month now), so if I disappear, you know why.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Congrats, @Ludovico! Best of luck to you and the Mrs.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Congrats @Ludovico. As I understand it, it brings joy and happiness ... (No experience there I'm afraid ;-) )
    Ludovico wrote: »
    Well, the time for the baby to arrive is getting closer and closer (less than a month now), so if I disappear, you know why.

All the best to you and your other half @Ludovico. Your first?
    Nothing like bringing a new born into the world. Lot's of happy times ahead I hope.

Thanks everyone. He should be in early September but of course this is just an estimate.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Going on holiday. I'd let you know where, but it wouldn't be a vacation if I did.
    Ha ha a little MI:2 there...
    Be back in a week- no wifi in the woods!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Enjoy the Cabin ! ;)
    Enjoy the Cabin ! ;)
    We're bringing weapons.

:P
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Enjoy, @chrisisall! Don't get yourself into too much trouble out there.
    We'll be fighting evil dead & cooking smores.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Avoid any banjo playing locals. ;)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Ludovico wrote: »

All the best for you, the baby and your good wife, @Ludovico.
    Enjoy @chrisisall, sure you'll have a good time.
    See you when you get back.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited August 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @chrisisall, become one with the infinite! And nature. And avoid bears. And forest fires. And bears in hats that tell you not to start forest fires.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And Dick Cheney.
    And Dick Cheney.

=))
    I'm both going away and coming back so I guess that I never left. ;)
    Welcome back!
    Welcome back!

Thanks! Some day I swear I'll meet myself coming (or should that be going)?!
    Give my regards.
    Give my regards.

I will/I have.