Bond Movie A vs. Bond Movie B (Diamonds Are Forever vs. The World Is Not Enough)

Comments

Why did you have to make it so damn difficult

It's a toss up between the inplausible nonsense of Moore's fourth outing, which is actually very good, lots to keep you busy and get involved in and some of the best lines in the entire franchise, there is simply never a dull moment (apart from whenever Lois Chiles is on screen)

On the other hand, Moore again with FYEO, arguably the most straight faced the Londoner ever gave us, less of the campy humor and nonsense that was so prominent in some of his other work. It had adventure, danger, classic Bond moments, it was a very good release in actual fact

After some careful consideration I opted for Moonraker, I just feel there is more to it, more to get involved in, it has Michael Lonsdale who is the polar opposite of the awful Julian Glover in being a serious Bond adversary, it has pythons and G force simulators, and Dobermans and Cucumber Sandwiches and double taking pigeons etc.. For Your Eyes Only can't compete with that

Moonraker (wins) for me
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    FYEO, darling.
    MR
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    @00Beast Next can we do Licence to Kill vs. Quantum of Solace? I'm curious to see what the fans think of the two renegade Bonds.
    @00Beast Next can we do Licence to Kill vs. Quantum of Solace? I'm curious to see what the fans think of the two renegade Bonds.

Yes sir, we sure can! Thanks for the suggestion!

As for the previous round, For Your Eyes Only took the cake over Moonraker with nearly double the its votes!

All right, as requested by @QsAssistant, the next round will be:

License to Kill vs. Quantum of Solace
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Revenge tale v.s. revenge tale hmmmm??

I will stick up for the inevitable loser, but still the better film for me, QoS.
    License to Kill, the other "movie" is just plain garbage, any movie can win.
    License to Kill
    It simply wins! I like QoS as well, and I'm sorry Brady, I'd love to help you defened QoS, which I've enjoyed a lot more recently, but LTK is my Number 3. It's got much better villains, a better score, better girls, an easier-to-understand plot, and Q in his finest hour! However, Quantum's got the better locations, action and pace, I'll give it that.
    Licence to Kill
    Quantum of Solace
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    LTK
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Quantum of Solace, but it's close.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 1,778
    This is really close for me. Both are on my top 7. License to Kill wins imo but just barely.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    QoS Much as I love Dalton as much as I do Craig, Craig's performance is better than Dalton's in these particular two films. Had it been QoS vs TLD, I'd have said TLD.
    Quantum of solace i know LTK will win but I felt Quantum was stronger and cooler
    Wow, it's actually tied right now. This might turn out to be a surprise round! Well, I've guessed that we'll get the flock of Dalton/'80s Bond fans and the Craig supporters pulling from both sides of this match.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    LTK for better pacing. The tanker chase in QOS would have only lasted 40 seconds.

You do not want to see a hyper blinking fish.
    Both are a disappointment, although in LTK, we do have the best James Bond even if I don't think it's all that great of a release, but still an entertaining watch

It would be too easy to castigate QOS for all it's deficiencies, so I'll keep it short and say License to Kill wins this round, look at the array of villains here with respective films,

Franz Sanchez, Dario, Ed Killifer, etc, and then we have Greene, Elvis, etc. Not much of a contest this one
    I just wanna say Im a huge Craig supporter and like Crai more than Dalton but I voted for LTK just because it feels more complete. CR blows them both out of the water though.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited March 2012 Posts: 3,262
    00Beast wrote:
    As for the previous round, For Your Eyes Only took the cake over Moonraker with nearly double the its votes!

What were the total numbers of votes for each film, 00Beast?

Licence to Kill since it was easier to discern the action and storyline in that one.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Thanks for doing this one, 00Beast!

I'm going with Licence to Kill.
    QoS is a decent outing but was harder to follow than LTK, plus it's villains are not as awesome as LTK's. Anytime I think of QoS's editing it just makes me want to... :-&
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 501
    I'm going with Quantum 0f
    S0lace
    Just because it feels more Bond to me and, I think that Dalton is the worst Bond, not actor, of them all. Plus just the tosca scene itself beats the whole LTK, although QOS has other great scenes, like the last one, where he throws the neaklace... QOS is so underrated(runs and hides)
    QoS
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    LTK. It's an overall better film, better villain, better stunts and the Bond theme kicking in as Bond and Felix go fishing for Sanchez.
    QOS
  • Not a huge fan of either of these. It is the appallingly ill-judged editing of Quantum of Solace which pushes me, without a great deal of enthusiasm, into voting for Licence To Kill
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 11,189
    While I think I prefer Craig to Dalton I'm going for LTK. That film has it's fair share of faults but its just the more enjoyable flick IMO.

Plus Robert Davi blows Mathieu Amalric out of the water in terms of villainey.
    Hard one, since I´m not too fond of either, but I will have to go with LTK. It has the signature gun, the explosive alarm clock and the other gadgets, plus Q. Dalton also looks a lot more like Bond to me than Craig does.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    - A solid performane from Dalton
    - A truely evil villain in Sanchez
    - The superb score, in partiular Kamen's take on the Bond theme
    - Pam & Lupe
    - The gunbarrel where is should be
    - Gadgets
    - I can see what's happening at any given time
    - The Tanker Chase
    - Bond & M at the Hemingway House

LTK.
    LTK all the way, Dalton in his best perfromance as Bond in a film which is different than the norm but still has the feel of a Bond film.