Your Bond Collection

Comments

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Birthday present from the wife. I'm only halfway through and I'm pretty sure this is one of the best and in depth making of's I've ever read. Really well written with many photos I've never laid eyes on. I had no idea it's Diana Rigg's real mother in the photo of Draco's wife. Can't recommend this book highly enough.
    20220430-155106.jpg

Have that book, mate! Really well researched and written. Its companion book on The Living Daylights is equally excellent!

Hello mate, yeah The Living Daylights book is now a must have! I'm really savouring this book and I just had to watch OHMSS again the other night even though it's usually a Christmas watch 😁
    Birthday present from the wife. I'm only halfway through and I'm pretty sure this is one of the best and in depth making of's I've ever read. Really well written with many photos I've never laid eyes on. I had no idea it's Diana Rigg's real mother in the photo of Draco's wife. Can't recommend this book highly enough.
    20220430-155106.jpg

Have that book, mate! Really well researched and written. Its companion book on The Living Daylights is equally excellent!

Hello mate, yeah The Living Daylights book is now a must have! I'm really savouring this book and I just had to watch OHMSS again the other night even though it's usually a Christmas watch 😁

Well I am off to see OHMSS on the big screen in 2 weeks! Cant wait!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    20220430-155106.jpg

Well I am off to see OHMSS on the big screen in 2 weeks! Cant wait!

Enjoy mate. Should be a great experience 👍
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Never heard of this one- darn, doesn't seem to be avail on Kindle.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Thanks to a friend who picked up Dr No in a charity shop for me, a collection begun in the early 1990s is complete at last! (I know I could have picked up the ones I was missing on eBay but I preferred to 'just let it happen'.)

FTMvvA8XEAAdbpG.jpg
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited May 2022 Posts: 1,400
    Just got the "Aston Martin Collection" top right, with the "Air & Space Collection" at left.
    6RLdmxX.jpg
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    My recent addition to the Bond custom steelbooks collection.
    AB7DE4B1-EDC2-483E-811E-3E7EAB18C938.thumb.jpeg.ca4b97bef328e5781e2d147fc02f423a.jpeg
    903D6EE7-1466-4526-A638-060F96111118.thumb.jpeg.84506bccf589b4fa5d2d0b95228f7796.jpeg
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Lovely. Nothing like an image inside the case to spice things up. Where does the cover design come from?
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Lovely. Nothing like an image inside the case to spice things up. Where does the cover design come from?
    The back illustration is by artist Jeff Marshall but I'd be damned if I remember who did the front arrtwork. In my search for an original, rarely seen artwork cover for this movie, I stumbled upon this illustration and immediately decided it would be the front of the steel as I especially love the fact it's Scaramanga who's in the forefront rather than Bond.
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    mattjoes wrote: »
    The back illustration is by artist Jeff Marshall but I'd be damned if I remember who did the front arrtwork. In my search for an original, rarely seen artwork cover for this movie, I stumbled upon this illustration and immediately decided it would be the front of the steel as I especially love the fact it's Scaramanga who's in the forefront rather than Bond.
    Well, at least here's a bigger image of the front artwork:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/404831454011460090/

I stumbled upon this illustration and immediately decided it would be the front of the steel as I especially love the fact it's Scaramanga who's in the forefront rather than Bond.
    I noticed that, and I like it too. A while back I made a couple of posters for the film. In one, I ended up making Scaramanga bigger than Bond, and in the other, I placed him on the left side and Bond on the right. I think that works well for this film as it makes it seem like Scaramanga is a powerful threat to Bond. Goes with the film tagline as well: "He never misses his target, and now his target is 007."
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    AB7DE4B1-EDC2-483E-811E-3E7EAB18C938.thumb.jpeg.ca4b97bef328e5781e2d147fc02f423a.jpeg
    903D6EE7-1466-4526-A638-060F96111118.thumb.jpeg.84506bccf589b4fa5d2d0b95228f7796.jpeg

How do you get these custom steelbooks made? Looks beautiful btw.

How do you get these custom steelbooks made? Looks beautiful btw.
    I have a very talented friend who’s been making custom steelbooks as a hobby for several years now.
    He makes them mostly for himself but as a personal favor to me, he was kind enough to make steels of my favorite Bond movies.
    I choose all the artwork, which I then send to him to print and do his magic.

Wish I had your friend's talents!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited July 2022 Posts: 13,924
    A little work in progress of the cigarette case safe cracker from MR. My first attempt at making a dummy cigarette turned out great, with the details aligning at the seam, and even the small yellow spots on the cigarette butt meeting from either side of the sticker. It's a satisfying outcome because there are so many other cigarette props to get through, plus I have to make eight of these just for this prop:

52232485832_23c34b83b0_o.png

The case itself is coming along nicely:

52233571311_59fc312e3b_o.png
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @QBranch , you keep impressing .
    @Thunderfinger Thanks mate, but what would the Surgeon General think?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @QBranch, I wish I had your talent, sir. I'm taking a deep bow here. I couldn't cut a tree out of a sheet of paper without making it look like a mutilated fish, let alone do what you do.
    @DarthDimi Cheers, my friend! It's all in the wrist, and happily, not in the lungs.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    cut a tree out of a sheet of paper without making it look like a mutilated fish
    You may be on to something here. I bet someone would buy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I couldn't cut a tree out of a sheet of paper without making it look like a mutilated fish, let alone do what you do.

Listen, paper is made out of trees, not the other way around. Perhaps you think windmills run on electricity and produce wind as well?
    QBranch wrote: »
    A little work in progress of the cigarette case safe cracker from MR. My first attempt at making a dummy cigarette turned out great, with the details aligning at the seam, and even the small yellow spots on the cigarette butt meeting from either side of the sticker. It's a satisfying outcome because there are so many other cigarette props to get through, plus I have to make eight of these just for this prop:

52232485832_23c34b83b0_o.png

The case itself is coming along nicely:

52233571311_59fc312e3b_o.png

Oh, very nice. I'd missed seeing some props from you.

Did you have to do much image editing to get the safecracking side of the case right? I don't recall if the film shows it at an angle or something that would require one to fix the perspective.
  • Dang, @QBranch, that looks just like the real deal. Great work!
    I couldn't cut a tree out of a sheet of paper without making it look like a mutilated fish, let alone do what you do.

Listen, paper is made out of trees, not the other way around. Perhaps you think windmills run on electricity and produce wind as well?

Well you got me there, Thundy.😉
    Thanks guys, really appreciate the love 🤙

@mattjoes You see a nice close-up of the screen as it opens the lock. That final shot shows the 4-digit combination. The image did need some minor skewing to get it straight, but I also isolated all the squares and text and put them on a new grey background. Then I just had to resize the black border to get it to fit.

A few more I haven't shown here yet:

50794112643_383cd1b859_w.jpg
    51408158030_c323935586_o.png
    51768794724_8966da476a_o.png

CD is from TWINE.
    @DarthDimi Cheers, my friend! It's all in the wrist, and happily, not in the lungs.
    cut a tree out of a sheet of paper without making it look like a mutilated fish
    You may be on to something here. I bet someone would buy.

I am always soliciting offers.
    Love Swann's Spectre phone from NTTD!
    Love Swann's Spectre phone from NTTD!
    You're just saying that to rub salt in Bond's wound!

no-time-to-die.gif
    50794112643_383cd1b859_w.jpg
    Is this visible in the film?

51768794724_8966da476a_o.png
    I was always curious about the fact Bond and Madeleine carry basic cellphones with them in the NTTD PTS. I'm not an expert on the subject of phones, so maybe I'm wrong, but I would imagine smartphones are more closely associated with the luxury that is typical of a Bond film. I wonder if that choice was made for visual and practical purposes, for example, Bond looks better using a small, simple phone in the PTS rather than a large one. And later in the film, he carries a smartphone, because the respective scene requires him to take some snapshots of the map of Safin's island.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Are they "burner" phones used early on based on their status and likely intent to live off the grid.

• BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    edited July 2022 Posts: 2,161
    I guess I have a decent amount of Bond junk around here. But it’s the stuff that I’ve long since parted with that I feel would be so much more impressive if I had hung onto. When I was a kid I had the original Odd Job and Bond plastic action figures that my parents bought me after taking me to see GF at the drive-in. I had the toy attaché case from FRWL (a few years after the film was released) though I didn’t actually see the movie until the ‘70s when it aired on ABC. My Cousin, who is three years older, says we tore it to pieces looking for more hidden compartments. I have no memory of this.
    I also had the original paperback of Moore’s diary covering the filming of LALD, and a first hardcover printing of Amis’ COLONEL SUN which I had bought in a used bookstore for a dollar. I have no idea what happened to my old books. I never lived in one place for more than three years until I was in my 40s. I was quite used to things just disappearing.
    The first Bond comic book, DC Showcase: DOCTOR NO, which I bought at a comic book convention in NYC in the ‘70s for $20. I recently saw it going for a couple of thousand. Destroyed in a flood after my mother moved to Delaware and stored any old boxes in a basement which was flooded.
    All gone.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    A few more I haven't shown here yet:

51408158030_c323935586_o.png

Damn, that's a nice ghetto blaster! Is it in working nick?
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I guess I have a decent amount of Bond junk around here. But it’s the stuff that I’ve long since parted with that I feel would be so much more impressive if I had hung onto.

Isn't that always the way. But I'm glad you had those things as a kid and played with them!