Your Bond Collection

Comments

00Agent wrote: »
    similar species ;)

Absolutely !!
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,293
    @barryt007 as he wrote that comment comparing Kara to a cow :))
    giphy.gif
    @QBranch have you noticed the props category on 007collector.com? Some really interesting objects there!
    http://www.007collector.com/category/specials/movie-propsbond-special/
    giphy.gif

Yep...even the same dopey expression,apart from Milovy has hairier eyebrows.
    Need a lawn mower to get that lot shaped.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 13,936
    barryt007 wrote: »
    7944801eccd88b8b5b8261192e0a7c54.jpg
    Baz, it's a bit early for Bond girl Friday where you are. But it shows you're keen to contribute.

@QBranch have you noticed the props category on 007collector.com? Some really interesting objects there!
    I've seen it all, mate. You could say I'm... onatopp of things. ;)
    Was searching for this for years - Mathis' phone from QOS

Credit to christotheman from ajb007 forum.

43090198604_a825c36048_b.jpg
    29936789348_3c82f3664f_b.jpg

Nice design/details inside, and the pattern on top kind of shimmers in the light.

I love how Mathis keeps telling the taxi driver to shut up while he's on the phone. :))
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    QBranch wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Classic Mac font Chicago?
    THAT'S THE ONE!

Reassuring to know that MI6 are Apple users. Reduces the chances of getting hacked by some sort of malicious virus.
    What's a Tomorrow Never Dies Interactive Educational Guide?

It's quite a thing! I believe it was sent free to schools for use by students doing Film Studies or Media Studies at A level. It has Bond questions to ponder, e.g. Do all the actors cast as Bond bring humour to the part?, and also the 'Tomorrow Deadline Simulator', a neat little desktop publishing tool that lets you create your own issue of Tomorrow.

I did a series of tweets about it because I'm easily amused.

Classic Mac font Chicago?
    THAT'S THE ONE!

Reassuring to know that MI6 are Apple users. Reduces the chances of getting hacked by some sort of malicious virus.
    They used IBMs, Fujitsus, Gateways and Sonys in the Brosnan films - not sure there were any Apple Macs?
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    They must have outsourced printing their documents, then!

Speaking of IBM, here's a spectacularly mediocre item (I think my long-suffering father must have snagged this for me at a marketing convention):

DEnwc6xWAAAn4bm.jpg

Sell enough personal computers and you might win a GoldenEye pen!
    Interesting promo. Would be cool to win one of those jackets!
    giphy.gif

Yep...even the same dopey expression,apart from Milovy has hairier eyebrows.
    Need a lawn mower to get that lot shaped.

Haha! You're on a sort of "Kara roll" now! :))
    I've seen it all, mate. You could say I'm... onatopp of things. ;)

I'm not surprised! That Peter Franks passport prop seems like something that's would be right up your alley to make!

It's quite a thing! I believe it was sent free to schools for use by students doing Film Studies or Media Studies at A level. It has Bond questions to ponder, e.g. Do all the actors cast as Bond bring humour to the part?, and also the 'Tomorrow Deadline Simulator', a neat little desktop publishing tool that lets you create your own issue of Tomorrow.

How fun! I guess that 'Tomorrow Deadline Simulator' has a print function? Then maybe it's possible to make a Tomorrow newspaper prop? :-)
    Delete.
    I'm not surprised! That Peter Frank passport prop seems like something that's would be right up your alley to make!
    It is! I've done a lot of work on Bond's 'Arlington Beech' passport from CR. The biggest challenge may be adding the foil on the cover.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

That looks quite interesting.
    I'm not surprised! That Peter Frank passport prop seems like something that's would be right up your alley to make!
    It is! I've done a lot of work on Bond's 'Arlington Beech' passport from CR. The biggest challenge may be adding the foil on the cover.

Not surprised by that! Foil can be difficult to work with when it's applied to something as small as a passport.
    Yeah, I'll have to get that professionally done, that's why I put it on the back burner for now.
    Yeah, I'll have to get that professionally done, that's why I put it on the back burner for now.

That might be a good idea. There are probably online services for this too.
    Some AVTAK gear ready to display:

Bond's tracker, for locating 009

43844697301_b9c756bd4f_b.jpg
    43796234712_2e915b0d73_b.jpg
    43844695651_2ae55c135f_b.jpg

Just finished adding stickers to these- Pola Ivanova's walkman and 'Main Strike' cassette

43796230552_494521b35e_b.jpg
    43844693631_cd5ba806fa_b.jpg
    43796227832_52630fbf96_b.jpg

43796231792_2a9a064783_b.jpg
    edited August 2018 Posts: 13,936
    Dimitrios' phone and admission pass

43810448072_475dc446ab_b.jpg
    42954718705_7e73198469_b.jpg
    Not the same model, but I had a Sony Ericsson that was quite similar. One of the better phones I've had, actually.

Do you use Ebay to find these phones?
    Yep, all from eBay, but I do a little bit of improvising- if I can't find the actual phone, I'll hunt down the shell/housing and assemble it as I have done with this one here. The buttons and screen are held in place with cardboard and tape. I have nearly all the phones now, whether real, shells, or dummies. The Mathis phone on the previous page is real- took me years to find that one, and the SF phone a few pages back is a dummy.
    Yep, all from eBay, but I do a little bit of improvising- if I can't find the actual phone, I'll hunt down the shell/housing and assemble it as I have done with this one here. The buttons and screen are held in place with cardboard and tape. I have nearly all the phones now, whether real, shells, or dummies. The Mathis phone on the previous page is real- took me years to find that one, and the SF phone a few pages back is a dummy.

Do you ever use them (the real ones that is), or is it just for display? Have never used Ebay myself, actually. There's always some stuff there worth getting, though!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You have an appropriate username, @QBranch .
    Do you ever use them (the real ones that is), or is it just for display? Have never used Ebay myself, actually. There's always some stuff there worth getting, though!
    I don't use them. Apparently some work, but most came without the battery. Perhaps if timing is right, I'll buy one seen in B25. Now that Sony's out, it will be interesting to see what kind of phones appear, if any at all. Moneypenny's gift phone from Bond was a Samsung - maybe we'll see more from them?
    Thanks mate. A bit uninspired though, compared to others here.
    I don't use them. Apparently some work, but most came without the battery. Perhaps if timing is right, I'll buy one seen in B25. Now that Sony's out, it will be interesting to see what kind of phones appear, if any at all. Moneypenny's gift phone from Bond was a Samsung - maybe we'll see more from them?

Guess we'll see whatever brand lands product placement rights, etc. Samsung would be very likely; they know how to promote their products, as well.

My user name is the most uninspired on here i think...too late now though.

You and me both!
    I'll get you another in Vienna.
    You and me both!
    Your name is Torgeir? That means 'Thor's spear'. And you like to listen to trap music?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

@KaraMilovyHater87 would've been more fitting.
    Your name is Torgeir? That means 'Thor's spear'. And you like to listen to trap music?
    It does, it's an old Norse name, and a regular one here.
    What is trap music? It's really just the first part of my last name, so if @barryt007's user name is uninspired… :))