Your Bond Collection

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I'd love to see those! It's not an area I know much about, and I'm always really interested in Bond stuff from outside the UK, too.

I'll se what I can do about pictures! There's also the 2000-2001 James Bond magazine -which you can still get:
    alle-album-shop-produkter-nye.jpg
    https://www.007shop.no/produkt/james-bond-album-1-5-samlepakke/
    I have the first and last issue of these myself.

I have them all. Too bad sales were so low, they canceled the next editions.
    I'd love to see those! It's not an area I know much about, and I'm always really interested in Bond stuff from outside the UK, too.

I'll se what I can do about pictures! There's also the 2000-2001 James Bond magazine -which you can still get:

If I remember correctly (I was only eight years old when that first issue was released), they were quite difficult to find - at least where I live. Found the first issue at Narvesen, and it wasn't until that last issue (#5) they had it for sale again.

If I remember correctly (I was only eight years old when that first issue was released), they were quite difficult to find - at least where I live. Found the first issue at Narvesen, and it wasn't until that last issue (#5) they had it for sale again.

Most retailers are clueless.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 17,293

Most retailers are clueless.

Think a lot of "indie" comics have faced that same problem. If it's not Schibsted or Egmont publishing a title, it's really difficult to get a place in the comic book shelves.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    JET007 wrote: »
    TR007 wrote: »
    I don't think the other issues were ever published.

Really? Well that I didn’t know.

I searched for YEARS only to find they never published them.

youngbonddossier.com/Young_Bond/comichistory.html

Such a shame. I guess that makes this find all the better then. Cheers for the link.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    edited July 2018 Posts: 3,108
    QBranch wrote: »
    Love these- the LTK one espesh.

It's the 'COMING SOON ON VIDEO' that makes it!

Picking up coasters seen in the films is a great idea. Should keep you busy for a while.
    Picked this Goldeneye #1 comic at the weekend from my local comic book shop back issues section and for the princely sum of £1. Tracking down the other issues is proving more difficult.

I've never seen that and it looks really nice. I'll have to have a browse through my own local comic shop!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Love these- the LTK one espesh.
    It's the 'COMING SOON ON VIDEO' that makes it!
    Agreed. A very special item there.
    Picking up coasters seen in the films is a great idea. Should keep you busy for a while.
    I could buy a couple online right now, but $$$. Most of the paper stuff I just make myself.
    Besides, some are custom, only existing in the films.
    Besides, some are custom, only existing in the films.

That's also a fun project. I know you can get custom beermats printed cos I looked into it for my 40th! Might need to be a bulk order, though, so perhaps some of us could help you out...
    The thing I never understood about the GE comics was even if they didn't print the other two as individual issues then why not do a one-off as a graphic novel or magazine format like Marvel did in the early '80s with FYEO and OP.

Marvel actually put out the two-part FYEO adaptations after they already released the full story in magazine and paperback formats. Besides that, the GE comic was produced by Topps, which at the time was a trading card company just dabbling in comics. They weren't exactly an indie company.
    They also did comics for AVTAK , TLD & LTK
    A couple of things arrived in the mail yesterday!

43533243141_4133be1f89_b.jpg
    43533241811_5f711751d2_o.jpg
    43533239511_547a7bcecc_b.jpg
    43533238111_9abae51621_b.jpg
    43533236851_84a9b2c283_b.jpg
    43533235731_4a63473bca_b.jpg

42628417215_07965a73c7_b.jpg
    For this one, I have to give credit to ACACIA_AVENUE and Gadget Meister from ajb forum!
    43533250281_bd9ab6eebe_o.jpg
    43533247951_98e289fb5f_o.jpg
    @QBranch , you could soon open a museum.

Oh, that is nifty. The kind of thing I'd want to own just because it's cute, regardless of Bond appearances.

Oh, that is nifty. The kind of thing I'd want to own just because it's cute, regardless of Bond appearances.

@Agent_99 , you are our Daltoness.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Okay I need that ice pick. And that Tasco camera.
    I want the x-ray camera.

@Agent_99 , you are our Daltoness.

You know full well I was talking about the opera glasses :P
    I'd love to display my stuff at conventions. Maybe one day I'll get a call!
    Just as long as you promise to use the glasses upside-down like Tim did.

Good luck finding a pair though, I heard @barryt007 bought the last one for ogling a certain blonde cellist.
    Good luck finding a pair though, I heard @barryt007 bought the last one for ogling a certain blonde cellist.

It's OK, I've suddenly gone off them for some reason.
    Well, Tosca isn't for everyone.

Charmed i'm sure. ;)
    I'd love to display my stuff at conventions. Maybe one day I'll get a call!
    Just as long as you promise to use the glasses upside-down like Tim did.

Only after i shot her first....several times, Q.
    That was clever of Barry, using blanks. Made the MI6 Community believe his unaffection was real.
    That was clever of Barry, using blanks. Made the MI6 Community believe his unaffection was real.

Hahahaha! :))
    Some Skyfall* stuff:

43607403492_0fbfcd528b_b.jpg
    29784420658_c0882ba192_b.jpg
    ^popcorn tube & cocktail shaker - Australian cinema promos

43653548321_7c78acb849_b.jpg
    ^Bond's MI6 obit, as seen at the Designing 007 exhibit; book belonging to M

42751494485_52423a8ef4_o.jpg
    ^business card bottom line translated: 'Shanghai taxi service' (I hope! :)) ).

43607407742_06251d267c_b.jpg

*pick the odd one out!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I thought I saw a spectre on your shoulder. ;)
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Some great items on this thread, I need to up my game with Bond collectables it's been a while since I purchased anything.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I thought I saw a spectre on your shoulder. ;)
    Well done, Bruce! Check your inbox to claim your prize.
    Yesterday I found something I've been looking for for ages! (Because 10 copies of CR is not enough.)

DjCam-LXsAAqUx5.jpg
    Yesterday I found something I've been looking for for ages! (Because 10 copies of CR is not enough.)

DjCam-LXsAAqUx5.jpg

Nice! Love the "FROM: M" bit in the bottom left corner!
    Nice! Love the "FROM: M" bit in the bottom left corner!
    Agreed, nice touch.