Your Bond Collection

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Strog wrote: »
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Get Drunk & Shout At Pierce Brosnan Movie Night
    If its a success, local cinemas could soon be hosting such events all over the country.

I'm planning to trademark it. I take a great deal of trouble theming the accompanying booze.
  • Strog wrote: »
    I don't think you could have a more perfect Saturday planned. I wish your Saturday were my Saturday!
    Let's not speak too soon. It may rain, the coffee might leech moldy spores, the book might suck, I might break my leg sprinting (then again I would in the mud), cracking open the windows could let in a Big Bug, and I might throw on GF to discover Frobe's undubbed voice coming through.

You're right, thank goodness I don't have your Saturday!
    Get Drunk & Shout At Pierce Brosnan Movie Night

I'm fairly certain this is how some people on this board get through their full Bondathons.
    You seem like a, 'glass half empty' kind of chap @Strog .....!
    Not at all! Just stoic. I imagine how all could go wrong in the worst way so that if it does go bad in the slightest it's still better than I'd imagined. Or if it does go wrong in the worst way, at least I saw it coming. ;)
    Birdleson wrote: »
    By "full", do you mean non-stop?
    No for those @Agent_99 has themed benzedrine tablets.
  • Birdleson wrote: »

I mean complete. I'm thinking of the Thunderfingers who can't digest Brosnan easily. Actually, I believe Thunderfinger has sworn off Brosnan for life, but if he were to watch one I have to imagine the experience would involve heavy drinking and shouting.
    Birdleson wrote: »

I mean complete. I'm thinking of the Thunderfingers who can't digest Brosnan easily. Actually, I believe Thunderfinger has sworn off Brosnan for life, but if he were to watch one I have to imagine the experience would involve heavy drinking and shouting.

That would be me too!!
    My wife can't understand why I don't support Brossa as I'm Irish!!!?
    Never liked him since I used to see him in Remington Steele (he was an annoying smug git then too!) And he almost ruins one of my favourite scenes in movies, the finale of The Long Good Friday...the least convincing I.R.A. killer ever. When he was mentioned as a contender for Bond I said "please God NO!" , the relief when he was dumped for Dalton and despair when I knew he was in for GE were huge.
    Funny you should say that. DAD will be part of my next Get Drunk & Shout At Pierce Brosnan Movie Night, which will be a special occasion indeed.

Now that sounds great !!

DAD is always my drunken 'go to' Bond film.
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    edited June 2018 Posts: 1,400
    OK here we go: edit
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Just picked up Skyfall on vinyl for a great bargain. Didn't realise it was going to look so damn smart! Nice presentation with the pop out gatefold, smooth booklet and red & white vinyl.
    Just picked up Skyfall on vinyl for a great bargain. Didn't realise it was going to look so damn smart! Nice presentation with the pop out gatefold, smooth booklet and red & white vinyl.

I had no idea there was a vinyl version of it. Do you have a photo?
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    BT3366 wrote: »

I had no idea there was a vinyl version of it. Do you have a photo?

For some reason I can't get the photo link working so here's a link to a website with it.

https://soundstagedirect.com/thomas-newman-skyfall-splatter-soundtrack-vinyl-records.shtml

Got some DN posters sgd by Gayson , amazing :D
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Bought this tin sign today...

s-l1600.jpg
    Tracy wrote: »

Got some DN posters sgd by Gayson , amazing :D

That is a real neat vintage find! Get that framed and on the wall.
    I'll trade you the full-size GE poster (alas no signature) that I got from a video-store owner, back in the day
    No? Didn't think so :)
    Their really is some terrific items on here, can't wait to see the reaction in a few weeks time when I can do the same.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    KxBUBPtz0hVmrjMCWDY0K9rVTd2F_EFTNyRr_gASPznr6F_U3oQgnLPop84nm6lx2EbUD9qm-rutDybO3A=w782-h440-rw

Some new Bond items, I'll buy better frames for the smaller images.
    KxBUBPtz0hVmrjMCWDY0K9rVTd2F_EFTNyRr_gASPznr6F_U3oQgnLPop84nm6lx2EbUD9qm-rutDybO3A=w782-h440-rw

Love the lower row FRWL poster; the original British cinema poster.
    That's the poster I like most from the film.
    With the bold historic first declaration of "Bond is Back!
    And Connery now posed in the iconic Bond stance.
    And the FRWL girls scattered about, which is fitting as the film is rife with sexual undertone

I can't quite focus the images, but it seems we have Daniela Bianchi, Leila (gypsy dancer) and Martine Beswick & Aliza Gur displayed.
    Just missing Eunice Gayson Nadja Regin
    timmer wrote: »

Love the lower row FRWL poster; the original British cinema poster.
    That's the poster I like most from the film.
    With the bold historic first declaration of "Bond is Back!
    And Connery now posed in the iconic Bond stance.
    And the FRWL girls scattered about, which is fitting as the film is rife with sexual undertone

I can't quite focus the images, but it seems we have Daniela Bianchi, Leila (gypsy dancer) and Martine Beswick & Aliza Gur displayed.
    Just missing Eunice Gayson Nadja Regin

I took the photo on my tablet the lighting was not great, that's right regarding the FRWL image one of my favorites also, I prefer the old school artwork.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 13,879
    Hi all, I had some internet issues over the Xmas-New Year break, so was unable to post pics of my presents in the Christmas thread.

I got the TND micro camera with box and instructions. It was part of a video box set that came with the VHS and a micro FM radio. It's very toy-like, but has an interesting design how it clamps around the film spool rather than the film going entirely inside it. You can see on the instructions there that it will sport a more camera-like shape once the film is added. It also has a leather pattern on one area of the plastic- nice touch there I thought.

26330490008_67a71e9dbf_b.jpg
    26330482848_e2bf013330_b.jpg

Also scored Boris' petrol lighter. It needs a little maintenance, namely a new flint and possibly a new wick. Might also replace the cotton wads inside. It has quite a few scratches, but then, so did the one in the film.

25331283817_15b0272879_b.jpg
    25331285307_82f617ae0f_b.jpg
    25331287657_5c18de595d_b.jpg
    Very nice, @QBranch! What brand of lighter is that?
    Cheers, @Agent_99! Zippo model 230, released in 1937. You can pick them up from time to time on eBay, but search carefully because there are countless newer replicas of this lighter. It should have a polished steel finish too, not brushed steel. Got this one for ~$26.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    @QBranch, back in elementary school, I was subscribed to this thing called Spy University. Every month you'd get a book and a random gadget. That camera was one of the gadgets I got. It didn't have the Bond markings though. Towards the end I also got a camera made to look like a juice box. :))
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    three new Funkos!
    yZZtYTG.jpg
    QBranch wrote: »
    Cheers, @Agent_99! Zippo model 230, released in 1937. You can pick them up from time to time on eBay, but search carefully because there are countless newer replicas of this lighter. It should have a polished steel finish too, not brushed steel. Got this one for ~$26.

Ah, thank you very much! I know next to nothing about Zippos but that's a very appealing object.
    Murdock wrote: »
    @QBranch, back in elementary school, I was subscribed to this thing called Spy University. Every month you'd get a book and a random gadget. That camera was one of the gadgets I got. It didn't have the Bond markings though. Towards the end I also got a camera made to look like a juice box. :))
    Cool stuff, Murdock. At least yours came with film!

spy-university-lot-books-toys_1_700c90f3ab9fc3e7fe257840014e5f46.jpg

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/spy-university-lot-books-toys-169310073
    Ah, thank you very much! I know next to nothing about Zippos but that's a very appealing object.
    No expert here either, but it's surprising to think that with all the lighters I've had over the years, I've never owned a Zippo until now. There's heaps of youtube videos with tips and tricks on how to maintain your lighter and get the most out of it. That's one bonus of acquiring the props, you learn a lot of interesting non-Bond stuff along the journey.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Received a couple of great books today, all for my birthday today.

yzjRzaL.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Great presents. Who did you get it from?

yzjRzaL.jpg

Happy Birthday! They are two books I would not mind reading, two of my favorite Bond films.
    That Roger Moore book is real interesting. It was basically impossible to find when it first came out, at the time of the film, and then it disappeared into the realm of very rare Bond collectible.
    Now it's back, dusted off and spruced up for a new generation of Bond fan.
    Probably a better package now than the original.

===re lighters I have cheap bic-flic type DAF lighter.
    Great presents. Who did you get it from?

Bought for me by the wife.

yzjRzaL.jpg

Happy Birthday! They are two books I would not mind reading, two of my favorite Bond films.

The OHMSS book looks stunning.