i8o889rws39u.jpg
    adl9qdljc52k.jpg
    dumk9inba59o.jpg
    jk3wm7r7ymu0.jpg
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    y49c09v0aee6.jpg
    vnezuxml3sdq.jpg
    gwcxayiovwjq.jpg

A few last behind the scenes shots for Goldfinger, before we move on to Thunderball.

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Benny wrote: »
    I truly enjoy searching for these images. Often I think, I'll do a few more and then stop. Before realising another hour has passed.

I know exactly what you mean!
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    dumk9inba59o.jpg
    What happened to the GB (international vehicle registration code) plate in this picture? In the movie, it's horizontal and not sort of hanging on the license plate.
    It almost looks like it's been added after. The shot as whole is good though.
    Okay folks, sadly it's time to say goodbye to Goldfinger. It's been a lot of fun sharing these behind the scenes shots with you all. Many of them are unseen by me, one of the joys of being a Bond fan. We may have seen the films countless times, but there are still elements to the fandom that can still surprise us.
    Right, we're on to the fourth film in the EON produced James Bond series.

Thunderball

fqcbhxe04bv5.jpg
    9a8sacmz1myl.jpg
    i5aaliht27vk.jpg
    by6tlu4m51ay.jpg
    89qzxdo419y1.jpg
    qzcjqykct32r.jpg
    kg2rz2msespl.jpg
    kxzhkpzyah5n.jpg
    jcjkqx1whbuo.jpg
    gz48wfycivis.jpg
    93lmro1wyce7.jpg
    xh7rl8hxvws1.jpg
    8tff9b9c3vd8.jpg
    k0gh5nrcxers.jpg
    yoyclig3zf7s.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 13,935
    I think this one needs to be enlarged, just to highlight the woman between Martine and Claudine - her reaction mirroring our own :-O

hhyinn2h9xry.jpg
    QBranch wrote: »
    I think this one needs to be enlarged, just to highlight the woman between Martine and Claudine - her reaction mirroring our own :-O

hhyinn2h9xry.jpg

Thanks @QBranch :))
    The funny thing is, the guy with the approving look between Claudine and Luciana in the check shirt is the boyfriend of the women you mentioned.
    Oh to be in the Bahamas in 1965.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Connery had no right to complain. None. 😄
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    image-asset.jpeg

tumblr_ny6nb8zMSp1tgh17uo6_1280.jpg
    With Albert
    52978610619_3b28da6d58_c.jpg
    Photo credit: www.thunderballs.org

52982839819_7a3e043f43_c.jpg

Auger standing against the cloud backdrop used not only for the picnic photograph of her with brother François, but also for the earlier Tatiana Romanova photo/s.
    I think TB for my mind has the best selection of Bond women. Claudine Auger, Luciana Paluzzi, Molly Peters and Martine Beswick.
    On top of that Connery was in peak shape, and ultra cool.
    Happy to say I have found countless images to back this up, which I look forward to share over the coming week. B-)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Auger standing against the cloud backdrop used not only for the picnic photograph of her with brother François, but also for the earlier Tatiana Romanova photo/s.

Ha! That's brilliant: well-spotted.
    mtm wrote: »

@QBranch has sharp little eyes @mtm
    Just wait till you get too his teeth.
    mtm wrote: »
    @QBranch has sharp little eyes @mtm
    Just wait till you get too his teeth.
    Very on 'point'.
    I think TB for my mind has the best selection of Bond women. Claudine Auger, Luciana Paluzzi, Molly Peters and Martine Beswick.
    On top of that Connery was in peak shape, and ultra cool.
    Happy to say I have found countless images to back this up, which I look forward to share over the coming week. B-)
    Mitsouko (Madame La Porte) was a looker too. Agree Connery was at his coolest here. He could rock a salmon shirt.

rap0vxg8id771.jpg

There are several fun shots of Rik Van Nutter's Felix with an MP40 sub-machine gun - AFAIK not used by the CIA in the film (could've been in the boat, I guess), but rather Largo's guards at the entrance to Palmyra. In this pic, Felix either has his pants rolled up or his shorts rolled down - you be the judge!
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited June 2023 Posts: 989
    I know this is not a behind the scenes picture, but i couldn't resist not to put this here.
    19405gaf66p61.jpg?auto=webp&v=enabled&s=df5e45517c9d78b9947c363ab60e3d81dda91e21
    Maxwell Smart (Don Adams) meets James Bond (Sean Connery).
    edited June 2023 Posts: 14,879
    A few more from behind the scenes of TB...
    *Forgive me if there are duplicates, it's not always easy to keep track of when there are so many.*

2o79a7969c5b.jpg
    ra2pr98vgt38.jpg
    6rmwzi3hbbgz.jpg
    30c5p17q8uqd.jpg
    uo4fctfbyz9w.jpg
    p5na1d9g2nb8.jpg
    78kcbqi6ra7v.jpg
    de15rp5jhbpn.jpg
    0fc1wdjp4zs8.jpg
    2ca37m3agt00.jpg
    0qclafh9hpic.jpg
    0h7ibcjjrpuc.jpg
    jza536r5bln4.jpg
    ymyitw0vylf3.jpg
    ey31m8elepwh.jpg
    dwmibg5wjasg.jpg
    Even though I believe SC was probably the least accessible of the Bonds to fans, I am struck by how much enjoyment he radiates in so many of the photos. It will be interesting to see pix from YOLT and DAF since it is often mentioned he was tired of the role by then. I wonder if we'll see any difference in those candid moments.
    CrabKey wrote: »
    Even though I believe SC was probably the least accessible of the Bonds to fans, I am struck by how much enjoyment he radiates in so many of the photos. It will be interesting to see pix from YOLT and DAF since it is often mentioned he was tired of the role by then. I wonder if we'll see any difference in those candid moments.

I haven’t moved on to YOLT yet, but I’m looking forward too it. As you say @CrabKey it’ll be interesting to see if Connery’s demeanour changes. YOLT in particular seems to have been a difficult production for him by all accounts.
    He’s certainly very happy in most of the shots for TB so far. Who can blame him though, the locations and the ladies, would keep any man happy.
    It would seem that Sean enjoyed his time on the first four films looking at many of the shots in this thread. We’ll find out next week if it continues.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited June 2023 Posts: 2,928
    Connery's got Claudine Auger sat on his lap - he's loving every minute, man!
    Please don't skip CR67, @Benny. ;-)
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Please don't skip CR67, @Benny. ;-)

I wasn't planning on adding it. But as you've asked nicely, we'll include CR'67 and NSNA after we've gone through the EON series of James Bond films. ;)

And now, this...hrsg81xwqvn8.jpg
    nb9c4omlnjsp.jpg
    szs0zo9azufm.jpg
    yikye9kmx9j7.jpg
    50o7otac5adq.jpg
    cu0x64a17p7i.jpg
    npdva6q0qsp0.jpg
    bbkaa7tgjqs9.jpg
    up14wvf8jhgv.jpg
    fs88abjnshr6.jpg
    spjx0oe4h9u2.jpg
    58u0alybwa2d.jpg
    ppb7jr6f07fc.jpg
    These pictures make me happy.
    And a few more to keep @DarthDimi happy...

t4kzhn0lg2lp.jpg
    m2g7ng5i6qa6.jpg
    8lqarmagegon.jpg
    6iyzxseyntnz.jpg
    27th2rkpeyow.jpg
    jsyf3mew3vxm.jpg
    xdsne7r44asa.jpg
    zsuq6szfmqaj.jpg
    1ln7zwrf9wyn.jpg
    o6xm9u9kd93c.jpg
    3qmqh1ggjf1e.jpg
    u7hqiiwcvtma.jpg
    he8pi8dxcxox.jpg

...that should keep you happy till I post the next set. ;)
    Please do keep them coming. TB is my favourite Bond film. And these are so wonderful. Thank you, @Benny !
    Univex wrote: »
    TB is my favourite Bond film.
    This is refreshing to hear. Love the film myself - perhaps my fave of Connery's after FRWL. I find the underwater scenes fascinating. So many little tidbits of trivia and things to spot in each of Bond's diving scenes alone, I could write an article on it. Q's typical array of gadgets are switched out for scuba versions, lots of atmospheric snooping around at night, great use of location to rival Jamaica in DN. Bond's wardrobe is one of the best. The continuous cutting back to Pinder's shop in between events makes remembering the films' order of scenes difficult - which for me adds to its rewatchability.
    @Benny, I'm difficult to please but you found the magic buttons to push. ;-)
    Don't let that give people any ideas about the mod room. :-D
    fe85qtvt690b.jpg
    fdhpx9wa73au.jpg
    q97j9nokzhrj.jpg
    e7s5er1h5hd6.jpg
    cntcljctdj1h.jpg
    408yriut2gol.jpg
    un6ifdpdua5v.jpg
    eaieyrqkn0je.jpg
    pw4zdmfvjis2.jpg
    b0n8urfmgslc.jpg

Sean you were a lucky, lucky man. B-)
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    pw4zdmfvjis2.jpg

Sean you were a lucky, lucky man. B-)

Does this mean that there was a female "00" before TWINE?

And thanks @Benny. This thread always puts a smile on my face.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    111A_JAMES_BOND_ARCHIVES_XL_00399_Gallery.jpg

MV5BMTU2Mzc4ODU4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDkyODU2._V1_.jpg

DnU-dOmX0AYhEsf.jpg

1000full-luciana-paluzzi.jpg