Which composer should score the soundtrack for BOND 26?

12346»

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Arnold back would be a dream come true
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Arnold back would be a dream come true

I'd open another bottle of champagne. Already committed to one if Villeneuve takes the directorial chair.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Arnold back would, in fact, be a smart move, I think. In light of so many changes we're about to settle for -- new actor, new Bond (in a way), new director (most likely) -- it wouldn't hurt to bring a familiar face (or sound) back to the series. Arnold really could help the new guy in many ways through his music. New wine, served in the same old glasses? Even a hint of familiarity would soften the transition into a brand-new Bond era.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    Arnold back would, in fact, be a smart move, I think. In light of so many changes we're about to settle for -- new actor, new Bond (in a way), new director (most likely) -- it wouldn't hurt to bring a familiar face (or sound) back to the series. Arnold really could help the new guy in many ways through his music. New wine, served in the same old glasses? Even a hint of familiarity would soften the transition into a brand-new Bond era.

Oh, absolutely. Specially when he kept such a good and prolific relationship with the franchise and the producers. Would be a smart move, indeed, to bring him back.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited March 26 Posts: 7,980
    Univex wrote: »

Oh, absolutely. Specially when he kept such a good and prolific relationship with the franchise and the producers. Would be a smart move, indeed, to bring him back.

Better then having one of the actors return .
  • edited March 26 Posts: 6,677
    talos7 wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

Better then having one of the actors return .

Oh, yes, I'd want none of them back. They're the Craig team. I say bring new blood to the cast. I was watching "The three body problem" just the other day and thought that Liam Cunnigham would be a great M, for example. And Benedict Wong could make for a very interesting Major Boothroyd.

But the sound, well the sound can harken back all they want. Besides, Arnold has been Brosnan and Craig's composer. His CR and QOS soundtracks are terrific. And the N. Peal ad shows that he still has plenty to offer in the melodic creative field.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    That “ thang” should be “ then” Lol
    talos7 wrote: »
    That “ thang” should be “ then” Lol

I've just fixed it in the quote as well ;) I read it as you intended my friend, and not as the non-standard spelling of thing representing Southern US pronunciation, typically used to denote a feeling or tendency ;)
    The moment I saw DN in 1962, one of the things that stood out was the Bond theme. Barry wouldn't create the full Bond sound until FRWL, but the Bond theme announced this was no ordinary film. No matter what may have been lifted from other films, this was a new experience for me. The gun barrel opening, the music, the hero, the sets, the tone, the style all felt new to me in '62. All combined for a unique film experience. Sixty-two years later not much remains. A lot has changed with the times. But the music and the opening can provide that link to the past. And Arnold is the man to do it. He's not Barry, but he understands what Barry brought to Bond. Bond 26 doesn't need callbacks to be a good Bond film, but a Barryesque score by Arnold would be a nice way to retain some of that original Bond magic.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    CrabKey wrote: »
    The moment I saw DN in 1962, one of the things that stood out was the Bond theme. Barry wouldn't create the full Bond sound until FRWL, but the Bond theme announced this was no ordinary film. No matter what may have been lifted from other films, this was a new experience for me. The gun barrel opening, the music, the hero, the sets, the tone, the style all felt new to me in '62. All combined for a unique film experience. Sixty-two years later not much remains. A lot has changed with the times. But the music and the opening can provide that link to the past. And Arnold is the man to do it. He's not Barry, but he understands what Barry brought to Bond. Bond 26 doesn't need callbacks to be a good Bond film, but a Barryesque score by Arnold would be a nice way to retain some of that original Bond magic.

I’m not sure he would want to. Although he’s obviously still fond of Bond, he hasn’t been taking big movie jobs, and I’m sure I saw him say recently that it wasn’t because he wasn’t being asked.
    For me he had his stint and it was fun, but I’d like to see what others can bring.
    His latest fullfeature movie was that Fletch movie from 2022, and he is also involved in the 007:Road to a Million show. So he's not totally out of the game. Given the proper motivation....
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 13 Posts: 4,442
    Isobel Waller-Bridge