Which composer should score the soundtrack for BOND 26?

Comments

• Tomorrow Never Dies didn't have the 007 theme, but an Arnold score of the caliber of TND with plenty of Bond theme and brass would be extremely welcome for the debut of Bond #7.
  • SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷SecretAgentMan⁰⁰⁷ Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria
    edited October 2022 Posts: 1,282
    Tomorrow Never Dies didn't have the 007 theme, but an Arnold score of the caliber of TND with plenty of Bond theme and brass would be extremely welcome for the debut of Bond #7.

I agree. We need plenty of the Bond theme back in Bond 7's era, and in action scenes too. I would even like the old style of Bond inspecting his hotel room with the Bond theme playing.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I would love to see Arnold come back for more. His last two Bond scores were strong. And I love @brinkeguthrie's suggestion to bring the 007 theme back somehow. But it has been almost 15 years for Arnold. Even Connery's gap between DAf and NSNA wasn't that long. Still, I'm sure his talents haven't somehow gotten lost.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    I would love to see Arnold come back for more. His last two Bond scores were strong. And I love @brinkeguthrie's suggestion to bring the 007 theme back somehow. But it has been almost 15 years for Arnold. Even Connery's gap between DAf and NSNA wasn't that long. Still, I'm sure his talents haven't somehow gotten lost.

Yeah, Arnold will always have Bond in him, as shown in his N.Peal Ad.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I didn't realise Graeme Revell had retired. That's a shame.
    Either Arnold, Powell, Zimmer or Pemberton.
    I guess Arnold has always been in line to score a Bond film since SF, until the producers/directors make a decision. So right now, I would say he's already on the list for Bond 26. One could say Zimmer is on the list too. Any other Composer would be a surprise addition.
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    edited November 2022 Posts: 975

I think Tom Holkenborg could pull it very well.
    Having recently watched both Incredibles films again, I’m strongly in favor of Brad Bird as director plus Michael Giacchino as composer.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    The composer that always sticks out in my mind is Cliff Martinez. His soundtracks are always super interesting.
  • Is it just me, or do the Incredibles scores sound very pastiche?

I understand why people keep referencing it, as it definitely channels Bond, but it has such a hollow rip off vibe.
  • Martin Phipps had some pieces in The Crown that have me feeling Bond when I close my eyes and listen.

Alan Silvestri might be a good choice
  • I agree with the Martin Phipps suggestion. I believe I've suggested it before as well. His scores for The Crown are elegant, romantic and suspenseful, just what i'd like for Bond.
    I also think John Powell would do a great job. I just revisited his scores for Paycheck & The Bourne Supremacy.
  • Re-using We Have All The Time in NTTD was heinous imho. Sackable offence. How about Jobny Greenwood..? ;)
    edited December 2022 Posts: 1,282
    muzz100 wrote: »
    Re-using We Have All The Time in NTTD was heinous imho. Sackable offence. How about Jobny Greenwood..? ;)

Yeah, it's the 007 Theme they should have looked at reusing or revamping, as John Barry's style of the theme is very 60s. But I doubt EON would want to reuse old Bond themes again in a hurry, or at least the sensitive ones, because of how it was received in NTTD.

Do you mean Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood?
    John Williams has now expressed interest in doing a Bond film.
    delfloria wrote: »

Are we sure about that? If he has said such a thing, wouldn't it be in jest?

Why would you doubt my information?

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/09/john-williams-james-bond-1234758293/
  • timdalton007timdalton007 North Alabama

Especially given his age and him having said he was retiring after the latest/final Indy outing?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

Especially given his age and him having said he was retiring after the latest/final Indy outing?

Still, if he wanted it, I'd welcome him; he doesn't have to play all of the instruments
  • Williams was asked in an interview whether he'd like to do a James Bond score and he said, "l'd love to." But really what else is he going to say? I think this falls more on the side of being polite than expressing genuine interest.
  • timdalton007timdalton007 North Alabama
    Of course, knowing who the director might well determine the choice of composer. If current rumors are to be believed on that front, we're looking at Zimmer again or Ludwig Göransson. Both of which I'd be up for, personally, though I get the impression from reading through the NTTD score thread that others would be less keen on Zimmer. I'd be curious to hear a Lorne Balfe Bond score on the basis of his Gemini Man work.

I don't doubt "your information", but ... what @timdalton007 and @Some_Kind_Of_Hero said. So I ask again, wouldn't it be in jest? I'm not attacking you, mate. I just can't see him being serious about it.

Perhaps I shouldn't have written "Are we sure about that?" and "If he has said such a thing," but then I'm far from inclined to believe Internet articles and their habit of selling wishful thinking as truth. Now that I've read the actual article, I stand corrected -- he probably really said it. I just don't think he'd actually do it anymore.

I don't doubt "your information", but ... what @timdalton007 and @Some_Kind_Of_Hero said. So I ask again, wouldn't it be in jest? I'm not attacking you, mate. I just can't see him being serious about it.

Perhaps I shouldn't have written "Are we sure about that?" and "If he has said such a thing," but then I'm far from inclined to believe Internet articles and their habit of selling wishful thinking as truth. Now that I've read the actual article, I stand corrected -- he probably really said it. I just don't think he'd actually do it anymore.

Had I not read the article, I would have probably had the same reaction. Personally I'm not even sure how a William's score echoing Barry would even work, to tell you the truth.

Had I not read the article, I would have probably had the same reaction. Personally I'm not even sure how a William's score echoing Barry would even work, to tell you the truth.

Neither am I, to be honest. Williams and Barry have always come up with vastly different tunes. So a Williams Bond score... yeah, what might that even sound like? ;-) I'd love to hear one, that's for sure. Williams remains the greatest film composer of all time, IMO.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Still sharp as a tack , I would welcome a Williams Bond score in a New York minute.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    talos7 wrote: »
    Still sharp as a tack , I would welcome a Williams Bond score in a New York minute.

Record it now and shoot a movie to match, to be honest!