The James Bond Debate Thread - 336 Craig looks positively younger in SP than he does in SF.

Comments

0013 wrote:
    On the other hand, I can't suppose that the TV episodes of Dr No, FRWL, GF, TB, OHMSS, and partially CR could surpass the movies we already have. Another Piz Gloria? A better Auric Goldfinger? Excel FRWL? Grant? Kerim?

I was thinking about this too. CR could definitely be done to follow the book, by going as a period piece as PKK mentions above. The 2006 film definitely takes some liberties in expanding on the story. DN, FRWL, OHMSS, and TB...I don't know. FRWL, however does deal with Red Grants past, something the movie doesn't touch, so that could be interesting to see. TB was essentially written to be a movie, and was already done twice! I like the idea though of revisiting the ones that haven't been fleshed out though accurately in film. I think if the show could follow the books pretty much word for word, they would be different enough to be interesting.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Not in the place of films, but as a separate endeavor, hell yes! That'd be amazing, especially if it was a period piece.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    You could do this but why not just start now? As it stands Bond the big screen is far better, anyway.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    You could do this but why not just start now? As it stands Bond the big screen is far better, anyway.

You mean another reboot? After only 3 movies? The Craig era is just starting!
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    0013 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

You mean another reboot? After only 3 movies? The Craig era is just starting!

My point was, if you wanted a TV series there is no need to wait, just get one going now. It could even run alongside it and as I said, I prefer Bond where it is, so keep the films coming. Films over TV any day of the week.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 11,425
    It would signal the end of the films I think.

But you could be right. Given to the right team, it would be nice to see the books done as TV period pieces. Could actually be very cool.

Slightly off topic but I would welcome the films making more use of un-used Fleming plots.
    Getafix wrote:
    Slightly off topic but I would welcome the films making more use of un-used Fleming plots.

I like to think everyone would. There's a wealth of material out there to mine from should EON ever decide to.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

I like to think everyone would. There's a wealth of material out there to mine from should EON ever decide to.

I've never read the novels, but I do know that when they use elements of Fleming's work it usually raises the quality of the films markedly.

I actually quite enjoyed QoS, but it clearly suffered from the absence of a good Fleming storyline element, as did all the Brosnan films.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

I wouldn't say a "wealth" of unmined material. I'd say there is some, notably the novels YOLT and TMWTGG, the short story FAVTAK, and bits and pieces of the rest.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wonder what is in store for the big 100th thesis?? :-?

'Do you think we are doing too many theses'

In all seriousness, I can't decide about the last one, I'm not really one for the novels, It's mainly films of Bond for me, it seems like a good idea but a little unnecessary at the same time. I'll say no for arguments sake, disagree with thesis even
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Babes, bullets and bombs.

duke-nukem-forever.jpg
    echo wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

I wouldn't say a "wealth" of unmined material. I'd say there is some, notably the novels YOLT and TMWTGG, the short story FAVTAK, and bits and pieces of the rest.

Some some very good action scenes and even villains to bring in. There's a lot there, I stand by that, should EON want to use it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Would be awesome but cant really see it happening in the near future. Just hope that I get to see it before I die.
    DarthDimi wrote:

duke-nukem-forever.jpg

The image of a true badass. Duke Nukem Forever! (see what I did there ;) )
    IT'S THE CENTURY THESIS!

celebration_balloons-1302.gif

<font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 100</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>www.mi6community.com is the most informative and best managed James Bond website EVER!</b></font>
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    I agree - but shame a lot of info was lost in the transition from mi6forums to here.... :(
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I..... Disagree >:)

Nah I'm jokin. Agree
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I agree though at first I thought this was going to be about www.craigisnotbond.com! ;)
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited May 2012 Posts: 2,630
    Agreed. Definitely...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Of course it is you silly boy! Why else would we be here eh? ;)
    Agreed of course
    Oh, I whole-heartedly agree! There's nothing like mi6-hq.com! It's the only Bond website I know of that has consistently up-tp-date information, everything about every Bond movie or book, and possibly the biggest 007 discussion forum!
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote:

duke-nukem-forever.jpg

The image of a true badass. Duke Nukem Forever! (see what I did there ;) )

That doesn't look like Sean...
    DarthDimi wrote:
    IT'S THE CENTURY THESIS!

<font color=blue size=7><b>www.mi6community.com is the most informative and best managed James Bond website EVER!</b></font>

The easiest thesis yet. AGREE. Thanks to the mods and members for making this such a special place to come to everyday! <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P <:-P
    Agree. This is the only forum that I'm in and I'm very glad to be part of the community. The information is great and without doubt the best Bond website.
    Agree!!!!!!!

And Happy Birthday this thread <:-P
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,446
    Disagree, because that is www.mi6forums.com /:)

What i mist the moost is the option to look back to older messages from the years between 2002-2011. With 2001 include it be 10 years what be trown a way kind of. Whyle get sometimes the feeling (the last 2 years or something) i don't know what kind of way the old forums must go and where i at my self, i mis the creative of older threads to start new ones.

The draft option of this new mi6forums is the best new thing of this forum and mabey some new members.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:
    IT'S THE CENTURY THESIS!

Is there another Bond forum?
    I can only agree with this thesis.

Agree. That one was pretty easy ;)
    Benny wrote:
    Is there another Bond forum?
    I can only agree with this thesis.

I believe there are some that serve breakfast and all, but the membership requirements are somewhat obscure for simple folks like the lot of us, so I don't think we ought to pursue a career as mods over there. ;-)