The James Bond Debate Thread - 336 Craig looks positively younger in SP than he does in SF.

Comments

Eva Green was the perfect choice for Vesper! Strongly disagree with thesis!
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Kerim wrote:
    Let's not forget that Eva did win the BAFTA Rising Star Award for her portrayal of Vesper.

Agreed, @Kerim, but the question is not whether Rosamund would have been better than Eva. I was merely asking whether she would have been a fine Vesper. ;-)

I am totally of the view that while an okay actress, Pike would most definitely not have made a fine Vesper. The film would have suffered massively from the loss of green
    Getafix wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Kerim wrote:
    Let's not forget that Eva did win the BAFTA Rising Star Award for her portrayal of Vesper.

Agreed, @Kerim, but the question is not whether Rosamund would have been better than Eva. I was merely asking whether she would have been a fine Vesper. ;-)

I am totally of the view that while an okay actress, Pike would most definitely not have made a fine Vesper. The film would have suffered massively from the loss of green

Had another actress played the part you would not have missed Green at all. that is the argument.

There are a few actresses around that could have done the part equally good I think. Monica Bellucci, to name one, would have been far better remembered as Vesper.

• AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Rosamund Pike would've been decent but in no way is Eva Green leaving!
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Kerim wrote:

I don't think Rosamund would have won anything (not even a Razzie) playing Vesper, so I shall say no to your question.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Kerim wrote:

Had another actress played the part you would not have missed Green at all. that is the argument.

There are a few actresses around that could have done the part equally good I think. Monica Bellucci, to name one, would have been far better remembered as Vesper.
    Yeah, if we could understand her for more than a second. She can't light a candle in looks or talent.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Eva Green - sexy woman, horrible actress... and she wasn't sexy in CR, so a big fat 0/10 for her in CR.... maybe Rosamund Pike could have done better.....
    Eva Green - sexy woman, horrible actress... and she wasn't sexy in CR, so a big fat 0/10 for her in CR.... maybe Rosamund Pike could have done better.....

Wow.. that's a unique opinion. Respect, but don't be surprised if you get tail whipped for this ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    don't be surprised if you get tail whipped for this ;)

I'm used to that now :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Horrible actress? Bad in CR? Au contraire!
  • I still really like the train scene in CR, said before it's one of the best Bond girl/Bond interactions in the whole franchise
    I still really like the train scene in CR, said before it's one of the best Bond girl/Bond interactions in the whole franchise
    It's my favorite scene in the entire franchise!
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,690
    I still really like the train scene in CR, said before it's one of the best Bond girl/Bond interactions in the whole franchise

That is one of the worst scenes in the entire franchise, IMO...

That is one of the worst scenes in the entire franchise, IMO...

I'm not a big fan of the train scene either. The best scene in the franchise imo is when Bond kills Sanchez.

Excellent scene. Good believable chemistry between Bond and Vesper.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,894
    I just can't picture Pike as Vesper. As for Green, she's somewhat attractive. I didn't think she was Vesper though and her accent was all over the place. Still, she's got some good points (stop giggling at the back, i'm keeping this clean) such as her favourite film character is Adele Hugo (Isabelle Adjani) from The Story Of Adele H and her favourite actress is also Adjani. B-) Where was I? Ah yes..

Thesis 97: Disagree.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Kerim wrote:

Yeah, if we could understand her for more than a second. She can't light a candle in looks or talent.

This is coming from a Dutchman:

Are you on crack or have you been smoking funny cigarettes??? O:-)

^
    No. Do you by law have to walk using a white cane? :P
    ^

I am quite sure I miss this reference concerning the white cane.

SaintMark wrote:
    ^

Blind men and women are bound by law to use white canes. Hence, if you think Monica is more attractive than Eva, you must have lost your sight.
    SaintMark wrote:
    ^

Blind men and women are bound by law to use white canes. Hence, if you think Monica is more attractive than Eva, you must have lost your sight.

Well I find Eva Green rather common compared to Monica Bellucci, which is a matter of perspnal taste I guess. I have seen both in movies with their kit of and there MB wins as well. I do enjoy French and European cinema and have enjoyed more movies with MB than EG.

So while I am not suffering any form of blindness, thank you for your concern by the way. I am sorry about your lack in taste when it comes to women. ;)

SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    ^

Well I find Eva Green rather common compared to Monica Bellucci, which is a matter of perspnal taste I guess. I have seen both in movies with their kit of and there MB wins as well. I do enjoy French and European cinema and have enjoyed more movies with MB than EG.

So while I am not suffering any form of blindness, thank you for your concern by the way. I am sorry about your lack in taste when it comes to women. ;)
    Au contraire.
    bacall1.jpg
    marilyn-monroe-leggenda-mito-e-icona-dal-20-d-L-tfCs-X.jpeg
    big_Katharine_Hepburns_Long_Island_estate_listed_for_28m-9059b247de7605fd9fc6ab6987fb6ed8.jpg
    0b3db28ac7_4154661_o2.jpg

Eva is classic beauty, something Monica lacks.
    Au contraire.
    bacall1.jpg
    big_Katharine_Hepburns_Long_Island_estate_listed_for_28m-9059b247de7605fd9fc6ab6987fb6ed8.jpg
    0b3db28ac7_4154661_o2.jpg

Eva is classic beauty, something Monica lacks. [/quote]

Au contraire you got the names mixed up, it is the other way around.

When it comes to the pictures you show taste, I found the Blond Monroe rather overrated. I know she is considered an legend I find her actingskills not that impressive and I just do not rate her that high.

Grace Kelly is a classic beauty indeed. As is Claudia Cardinale, Jacqueline Bisset, Catherine Deneuve ( as well as her sister Françoise Dorléac who died to early).

@SaintMark, what films have you see Marilyn in?
    @SaintMark, what films have you see Marilyn in?

Most of them, I am a fervent watcher of TCM and b/w movies.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    <font color=tomato size=4><b>THESIS 098</b></font>

<font color=blue size=7><b>Bond film spin-offs would damage the series rather than boost its popularity.</b></font>
    Depends which character the spin-off concerns IMO..... a Jinx spin-off would be pretty damaging.... but how awesome would a Miles Messervy epic WW2 war film with Bernard Lee be ?? :)
    I'm still waiting for Quarrel: the movie. A prequel to Dr No.

Seriously though it depends on the character. A spin off with Felix could be cool.
    Completely agree with the thesis. If there is a movie budget available? It should be on a Bond movie! Not a charactor from the previous movie! What would be the point? It would be pot luck if it was a success? And you would not get a franchise out of them? Bond is a long established success that has now stood 50 years! Why walk away from that on a whim because you think a charactor could have a movie of there own? Casing point being Catwoman with Halle Berry.

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Whichever character it was I doubt you could boost the series' popularity or really damage it. A spin off would just fade away I think.