No Time To Die: Why It Should Not Have Been Made (The Way It Was)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Okay, I guess I'm forgetting the shortness of the publics' short term memory. Let me change that from 'sizable chunk' to a very small portion...
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Okay, I guess I'm forgetting the shortness of the publics' short term memory. Let me change that from 'sizable chunk' to a very small portion...

There will definitely be people who think this way, for sure. But yeah, probably not a majority.
    This is why they shouldn't have made this movie. It's wasting time & resources on a cash grab instead of furthering the legend of James Bond. And time is and has been a' wasting.
    Thoughts? Daggers? ;)

I disagree with this assertion that they DIDN’T further the legend of James Bond. Whether he lived or died, his legendary status persists.

But now the causal film-goers think of him as deceased. Next Bond that comes out I bet a sizable chunk of them will go "What? A new movie? He died! This is stupid." and just not see the film...

"The Dark Knight Rises" ended with Batman not being Batman anymore. Four years later there was "Batman v Superman" with a new guy as Batman. People understood what was going on lol.

• BMB007 wrote: »
    This is why they shouldn't have made this movie. It's wasting time & resources on a cash grab instead of furthering the legend of James Bond. And time is and has been a' wasting.
    Thoughts? Daggers? ;)

I disagree with this assertion that they DIDN’T further the legend of James Bond. Whether he lived or died, his legendary status persists.

But now the causal film-goers think of him as deceased. Next Bond that comes out I bet a sizable chunk of them will go "What? A new movie? He died! This is stupid." and just not see the film...

"The Dark Knight Rises" ended with Batman not being Batman anymore. Four years later there was "Batman v Superman" with a new guy as Batman. People understood what was going on lol.

Yeah, but that's too comic-booky! Bond isn't a super-hero!!

• chrisisall wrote: »
    The next movie will be a multiverse event where all versions of Bond band together to take on all versions of Blofeld.
    It will make 3 billion dollars!!!!!

More comic-book logic! Bond isn't a comic book!!!
  • Psst: Just in case you didn't know: BSE has WAY more comic books than anybody else on this forum, guaranteed. B-)
    The next movie will be a multiverse event where all versions of Bond band together to take on all versions of Blofeld.
    It will make 3 billion dollars!!!!!

And just to prove the veracity of my statement above: even Archie did it! Archie from the '40s, modern Archie, Archie as Pureheart the Powerful, Archie as the Man From R.I.V.E.R.D.A.L.E., and 3 or 4 other Archies all banded together a couple of years back to save the multiverse. It didn't make 3 billion dollars, but it was good for a chuckle or two.
    Psst: Just in case you didn't know: BSE has WAY more comic books than anybody else on this forum, guaranteed. B-)

I have like 1,800. You have more than THAT??
    Nerds. ;)
    Nerds. ;)

LOL, think what you want to, but if I were to sell my entire collection at book value I could easily afford a used Delorian that needs extensive work.
  • The_Reaper wrote: »
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    The Nomi character was an insufferable b*tch the entire film; I absolutely hated her because all she did was piss on other characters and act like she was God's greatest gift to the universe but at least Bond gave it back to her most of the time and didn't sit back and take it like a p*ssy

The guy who said “this anti white male garbage deserves to fail” before he’d even seen the film found the black woman insufferable? Oh wow, what a surprise, didn’t see that coming.

Why are you wasting your time watching James Bond anyway mate? Shouldn’t you be prepping your doomsday bunker for when the “hordes of anti-whites” come for you?
    Implying that Q was gay... what did that accomplish, exactly? So stupid...

I think it achieved a lot. Added a bit more character to Q, and gave a brilliant actor who’s made the role his own a chance to bring a bit of his own identity to it, while simultaneously pissing off the tragic incel types and bitter old men who get irrationally angry over seeing anyone different to them on screen (remember everyone, straight white men are normal, but you need a good reason to include any other demographics or it’s “forced/pandering”). Loved it.

The film was not as antiwhite as it might have been so that's good. They focused mostly on the story of Craig Bond and it was hit or miss overall.

So pissing off White men is a good thing to you? That means you are antiwhite; good to know where you stand. The whole "straight White men are normal" is bad thing is also part of the antiwhite narrative. You are sick, my friend, and need to cure yourself of this mental prison you are in.

Yeah mate you’ve got me, I’m anti-white. Part of the horde you were on about. I even went as far as marrying a white woman as part of my cover. And now we’re coming for you, look out.
    IMO, no one should ever make a creative decision "to make the fans happy". Also, I would dare to say that most people probably are happy with NTTD and it's ending, and that it's a vocal minority of a subset of Bond fans that are extremely unhappy with NTTD.

Well, there are plenty of White antiwhites so what does that matter? I'm not White, I'm Hispanic (Mexican father), but care about Westernkind and its survival, for the entire world is harmed by antiwhitism.

You are also good at using logical fallacies in your posts, so there's that. You created a straw man when you implied I hated Nomi solely because of her race; not what I said at all, hence a straw man fallacy. In addition, attacking me about some imaginary bunker I don't have is an example of an ad hominem. Two in one post! Well done, sir.

For anyone that doesn't believe Craig's run is problematic for Western Civilization consider they have:

-White erased Felix Leiter
    -White erased Moneypenny
    -Implied the White erasure of the 007 position with the character of Nomi

Erasing a race from existence is immoral and thus I am against it happening. This series is massively popular across the world and these examples are harmful to the psychology of White people and causes White noir, depression, and a feeling of hopelessness for the future of their people.

Lol get a grip.
    Jimjambond wrote: »
    The Nomi character was an insufferable b*tch the entire film; I absolutely hated her because all she did was piss on other characters and act like she was God's greatest gift to the universe but at least Bond gave it back to her most of the time and didn't sit back and take it like a p*ssy

The guy who said “this anti white male garbage deserves to fail” before he’d even seen the film found the black woman insufferable? Oh wow, what a surprise, didn’t see that coming.

Why are you wasting your time watching James Bond anyway mate? Shouldn’t you be prepping your doomsday bunker for when the “hordes of anti-whites” come for you?

I think it achieved a lot. Added a bit more character to Q, and gave a brilliant actor who’s made the role his own a chance to bring a bit of his own identity to it, while simultaneously pissing off the tragic incel types and bitter old men who get irrationally angry over seeing anyone different to them on screen (remember everyone, straight white men are normal, but you need a good reason to include any other demographics or it’s “forced/pandering”). Loved it.

The film was not as antiwhite as it might have been so that's good. They focused mostly on the story of Craig Bond and it was hit or miss overall.

So pissing off White men is a good thing to you? That means you are antiwhite; good to know where you stand. The whole "straight White men are normal" is bad thing is also part of the antiwhite narrative. You are sick, my friend, and need to cure yourself of this mental prison you are in.

Yeah mate you’ve got me, I’m anti-white. Part of the horde you were on about. I even went as far as marrying a white woman as part of my cover. And now we’re coming for you, look out.
    IMO, no one should ever make a creative decision "to make the fans happy". Also, I would dare to say that most people probably are happy with NTTD and it's ending, and that it's a vocal minority of a subset of Bond fans that are extremely unhappy with NTTD.

Well, there are plenty of White antiwhites so what does that matter? I'm not White, I'm Hispanic (Mexican father), but care about Westernkind and its survival, for the entire world is harmed by antiwhitism.

You are also good at using logical fallacies in your posts, so there's that. You created a straw man when you implied I hated Nomi solely because of her race; not what I said at all, hence a straw man fallacy. In addition, attacking me about some imaginary bunker I don't have is an example of an ad hominem. Two in one post! Well done, sir.

For anyone that doesn't believe Craig's run is problematic for Western Civilization consider they have:

-White erased Moneypenny

Erasing a race from existence is immoral and thus I am against it happening. This series is massively popular across the world and these examples are harmful to the psychology of White people and causes White noir, depression, and a feeling of hopelessness for the future of their people.

Lol get a grip.

I don't get it. Aren't most erasers white? Except on the ends of no.2 pencils- they're like a dark pink...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @chrisisall thanks to some overtly developed racial-implications I still haven't gottten an answer to my serious question, which is: how come a reboot in film 21 is not a problem, but Bond's death in 25 is? I just don't get that.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

-White erased Moneypenny

Lol get a grip.

I don't get it. Aren't most erasers white? Except on the ends of no.2 pencils- they're like a dark pink...

Not here, they sell erasers of all color.

-White erased Moneypenny

Lol get a grip.

Not here, they sell erasers of all color.

Deflate my joke why doncha? ;)
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I finally saw the film and I'm torn. There's a lot to like and a lot to dislike.

Good:
    • The story has some interesting components like the nanobots and I like that there is a lot going on
    • Ana de Armas was super fun; gorgeous, relaxed, cute, her character served a purpose,she and her scene were highlights
    • Jeffrey Wright coming back was nice and at least he got to do something during the film that served a purpose
    • Craig was game and it's nice to see a Bond actor go out on his own liking, with seemingly (too) much control
    • I still like this Q, M, and Moneypenny; too bad this is it for them
    • I liked that they at least tried to make it a classic kind of Bondian adventure, with an island lair, hints of Flemming material we haven't seen on film (poisoned garden, choking Blofield, etc)

Bad:
    • The film looked generic and amateurish at times; cinematography was meh
    • The tone was all over the place; it's obvious the director has limited experience
    • The Nomi character was an insufferable b*tch the entire film; I absolutely hated her because all she did was piss on other characters and act like she was God's greatest gift to the universe but at least Bond gave it back to her most of the time and didn't sit back and take it like a p*ssy
    • Bond and Madeleine's relationship was so painfully forced at times it was difficult to watch and I felt like just fast forwarding passed it; they have virtually no chemistry, no reason to be together, there was nothing at all worthwhile going on
    • The story was intriguing but the dialogue was horrible overall; "You have to get over her, even if it's hard." You were right. It was hard." OMG. Really, Craig? You read those lines and were okay with them being in your movie?!? Unreal...
    • Implying that Q was gay... what did that accomplish, exactly? So stupid....
    • The deaths were somewhat earned, in that Leiter at least put Bond in a position to save the world; Blofeld dying? Who cares? Bond's death was the single dumbest thing I've ever seen in my film-watching life

You have issues beyond this post.
    Nerds. ;)

LOL, think what you want to, but if I were to sell my entire collection at book value I could easily afford a used Delorian that needs extensive work.

For a couple of years there I was (in all seriousness) selling old comics to help pay the bills. Tens of thousands of $$ later, my regular income stream got a little better and I was able to stop selling off The Collection. I still have lots more than I can easily count. Spider-Man from the '60s? Still got some... Batman by Neal Adams? Still got 'em all. Etc.
  • edited January 2022 Posts: 3,564
    Nerds. ;)

In my case, you can spell that: Nerd$. :-B
    Sounds like that's true for the both of you. And hopefully it was clear enough that I was joking; I'm into that sort of thing too, but don't own very many comics at all.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Also, given certain PMs I've received, please, if you think someone is genuinely being racist or homophobic or what have you, flag it or reach out with why you think it's the case. If that's clearly the case, we'll be more than happy to act. But please, do so with certainty, not out of retaliation.

In the meantime, anyone who wants to sneakily balance the line between not breaking rules while clearly sharing racist or homophobic thoughts that perhaps aren't blunt or obvious, we'll lose no sleep over instabanning you. This isn't a safe haven for such thoughts, as some seem to think, and we've instantly removed several loyal members in the past (even some with a high post count) for doing exactly that.

DMd

Diet Mountain Dew?
    Kind of upsetting that a Bond movie is causing this much of a divide between fans...

I don't think the movie is the cause of the divide; I think the tone of some of the discussions is. And even more than that, the fact that certain arguments carry different weights for different people has a lot to do with it too. Then again, it's always been that way, I'm sure. ;)

That’s a good point. You’d think that with this being Daniel’s last film, folks would’ve been in much more of a celebratory mood. You’d think everyone would be raising a glass and toasting a salute for someone who’s done so much for the series and for the character. Instead that celebration is kind of being overshadowed by the constant arguments over the film. It’s unfortunate I feel. I understand (some) of the criticisms aimed towards the film. I myself didn’t really like the inclusion of the original “We Have All The Time In The World” recording, and kinda wished they recorded the song with someone else, but there’s also so many elements I enjoyed so much. So many people got riled up over Lashauna Lynch’s character, completely disregarding the fact that her role in the film wasn’t what the promotional material made it out to be, and are therefore passing judgement because they don’t want to man up and admit that perhaps they were wrong. Because unless I saw a different film then some of the people who made this point, Nomi was a kickass (pardon my languange) character. As was Paloma. In fact, on the small 1% chance this happens, I’d love to see spin offs with those two.

Everyone is getting upset over the idea of Daniel’s Bond dying, and I’ll accept any criticism of that scene if it pertains to the circumstances (within film) leading up to it, but to sit there and be upset to where you disavow the franchise entirely? As if the Craig era hasn’t been established from the very beginning as being incredibly different to the previous films, and therefore could play around with the rules of the formula? To sit there and say Craig/EON’s decision to kill Bond off at the end ruins everything about Bond when Fleming himself killed Bond off to bring him back is absurd. I’ll admit that perhaps Daniel Craig may have had a bit too much control over the films then his predecessors (from a production standpoint, not a story one), but to act surprised and dumbfounded that the Craig era chose to end on that note baffles me, especially when it’s taken so many creative risks (some I don’t agree with) with the world of Bond. I guess if I had to sum up my feelings on the NTTD discourse, it’d be the following song below;

Sounds like that's true for the both of you. And hopefully it was clear enough that I was joking; I'm into that sort of thing too, but don't own very many comics at all.

Oh yeah, it was clear. Just running with the ball is all.
    @BeatlesSansEarmuffs you got Amazing Spider-Man #'s 100 - 102? Those change my life & made me the comic book nut I was in the 70's & 80's. Well, that & Master Of Kung Fu....
  • Got 'em. Sandman? Cerebus? Love & Rockets? All those & more. Started collecting in the mid-60s, worked in comics distribution etc. in the '80s, been grabbing nearly everything I could get my hands on for decades now. We can get back to Bond any time you're ready.... ;)

I guess my main point is, Bond IS a superhero. And it really shouldn't surprise anyone that one of the main tropes of comics -- a reboot after, what, 70 years' worth of continuity? -- has finally been deemed appropriate.
    I guess my main point is, Bond IS a superhero.
    "Is Superman giving you any trouble?" -Tiffany Case

Absolutely. Henry Cavill should get the tux & Walther PPK.

Absolutely. Henry Cavill should get the tux & Walther PPK.

THANK YOU!!!!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I guarantee you that if Ana de Armas was cast as Nomi, everyone that claimed to despise that character like Reaper above would suddenly have ZERO issues.
    I guarantee you that if Ana de Armas was cast as Nomi, everyone that claimed to despise that character like Reaper above would suddenly have ZERO issues.

If she were cast as JAMES BOND I'd have zero issues.... yes. I like her, okay-?
    Boyhood crush.

You guys are EASY.
    Boyhood crush.

You guys are EASY.

That's what SHE said.
    No doubt.

;)