No Time To Die: Why It Should Not Have Been Made (The Way It Was)

1262728293032»

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    This is really random but I really wish I could go see Craig in the Macbeth he's doing with Ruth Negga.

If anything, it's the best chance for you to at least send in an item or picture for him to autograph. I might try it again this time around. I did it when he was performing Betrayal and he signed my blu-ray copy of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

I saw him in Betrayal, as well. I had my program out to be signed but was too awestruck, filming him, to say a word. I just wanted to keep the moment pure. Then, by chance, as the crowd left, a woman who had gotten hers signed asked if I wanted her program. She actually got two signed and gave me one!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    chrisisall wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    The kid thing took me back for a second, but then remembered I was born about two weeks after Goldeneye came out haha :D

LOL, if you didn't see a Connery Bond first run you are classified as a kid by the originals.
    Wrong thread, old man.

Do you want some wine with that? 😉
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    TripAces wrote: »
    This is really random but I really wish I could go see Craig in the Macbeth he's doing with Ruth Negga.

If anything, it's the best chance for you to at least send in an item or picture for him to autograph. I might try it again this time around. I did it when he was performing Betrayal and he signed my blu-ray copy of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

I saw him in Betrayal, as well. I had my program out to be signed but was too awestruck, filming him, to say a word. I just wanted to keep the moment pure. Then, by chance, as the crowd left, a woman who had gotten hers signed asked if I wanted her program. She actually got two signed and gave me one!

You got real lucky there! That’s awesome. I bet it’s something else getting to see him in person.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think I've only seen him in person twice, both times from afar; but one of those times he was stood with Roger Moore! :)

You got real lucky there! That’s awesome. I bet it’s something else getting to see him in person.

It was. I can see why Babs talks about his having charisma.

It was. I can see why Babs talks about his having charisma.

Indeed. I probably would've shut down too and forgot what I was doing if I saw him in person. It's James Bond, how do you not freak out about that?
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    So I should get tickets? Anyone else actually going? I wouldn't know how to get anything signed but would be interested.
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    slide_99 wrote: »
    Craig used his role as Bond to turn himself into an A-list megastar. He knew he could leverage his popularity to demand a heap of money for continually coming back to the role, and he did just that. I don't blame him, he's clearly a good businessman, but he comes off as someone who used the franchise for his own benefit as opposed to someone who played the role because he genuinely enjoyed it, as with Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan.

What on earth is that based on?

It's my take on him based on comments he's made over the years and some of the creative decisions he's made during his tenure.

Such as what? When has he ever said anything but he loves doing the films and puts everything into them because he wants them to be as good as they possibly can be? And don't say anything with the words 'wrists' or 'slash' involved, we've just been over that one single comment in this thread and his reasons are well-documented.

I remind you again: the reported reason that Dalton didn't return is that said he didn't want to do more than one more. Is that someone enjoying it?
    Craig was Bond for 15 years.

Craig was only Bond for 15 years because of production delays and Covid delays.Both Connery and Moore did more films than him in less time.

The production delays didn't have anything to do with him though. And arguably, that's another reason why he could have jumped ship, like Dalton allegedly did. And yet, he didn't.

Agree the delays didn’t have anything to do with him.I’m just clarifying that the only reason I’m seeing all these headlines of the “ longest running 007 “ are because of delays to filming.And let’s face it,Roger Moore is OFFICIALLY the longest running 007 as he made seven Bond films.It’s highly unlikely anyone will ever beat his record.

And as for Craig not jumping ship,wasn’t he contracted to do a certain number of films? Also he didn’t jump ship because he wanted the money.
    Craig used his role as Bond to turn himself into an A-list megastar. He knew he could leverage his popularity to demand a heap of money for continually coming back to the role, and he did just that. I don't blame him, he's clearly a good businessman, but he comes off as someone who used the franchise for his own benefit as opposed to someone who played the role because he genuinely enjoyed it, as with Moore, Dalton, and Brosnan.

It's my take on him based on comments he's made over the years and some of the creative decisions he's made during his tenure.

Such as what? When has he ever said anything but he loves doing the films and puts everything into them because he wants them to be as good as they possibly can be? And don't say anything with the words 'wrists' or 'slash' involved, we've just been over that one single comment in this thread and his reasons are well-documented.

I remind you again: the reported reason that Dalton didn't return is that said he didn't want to do more than one more. Is that someone enjoying it?

Craig was only Bond for 15 years because of production delays and Covid delays.Both Connery and Moore did more films than him in less time.

The production delays didn't have anything to do with him though. And arguably, that's another reason why he could have jumped ship, like Dalton allegedly did. And yet, he didn't.

Agree the delays didn’t have anything to do with him.I’m just clarifying that the only reason I’m seeing all these headlines of the “ longest running 007 “ are because of delays to filming.And let’s face it,Roger Moore is OFFICIALLY the longest running 007 as he made seven Bond films.It’s highly unlikely anyone will ever beat his record.

And as for Craig not jumping ship,wasn’t he contracted to do a certain number of films? Also he didn’t jump ship because he wanted the money.

Sorry to kick up this old argument once more but I also consider "longest running" to belong to Moore, considering the amount of installments he put out.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    So wait do people genuinely believe he only cared about the money?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    No @denbigh, only the sour pusses need to believe that's all Craig cares about. Bloody tiring.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    Honestly, not sure how much more evidence anyone needs of the extent to which Craig was committed to it. Seriously, what more could the bloke have given?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2022 Posts: 14,956

Connery did the same over a period of 21 years.
    But Craig was the longest-running EON Bond, there's no debate about it. Roger made more, but Craig held the title for longer than anyone else. It's simply a fact, end of story.

That's utter bollocks of course, as per usual.
    I wonder why Connery did DAF again... ?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Its probably worth noting as well that Craig did 4 video games.

I loved the online for QoS so very, very much. One of my biggest gaming highlights of the era.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2022 Posts: 14,956
    Did he do all of them? I thought one or two used a soundalike; I'm going by very dusty memories here! :)

But I did think he performed very well in them; I'm sure they aren't exactly why he got into acting but that's contracts for you I guess. I remember feeling a little insulted at Brosnan's phoned-in performance in Everything Or Nothing, he clearly had no interest in that.
    Connery seemed to be enjoying himself in the FRWL game, it's nice that Bond was effectively his last role (I know there's that awful CG movie last on his CV but I thought I read he'd recorded it years before it was released).
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Did he do all of them? I thought one or two used a soundalike; I'm going by very dusty memories here! :)
    Just checked, he voiced 3 of the 4. Someone called Timothy Watson voiced Bond in 007 Legends.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Just checked, he voiced 3 of the 4. Someone called Timothy Watson voiced Bond in 007 Legends.

I just had a listen; he's not a terrible voice double at all.
    LucknFate wrote: »
    So I should get tickets? Anyone else actually going? I wouldn't know how to get anything signed but would be interested.

I would try. I live in Arizona and lucked out that I was back east during Betrayal's run.

Getting an autograph or seeing the actors is pretty easy, actually. Every theater has a stage door, from which the actors leave to get to their cars/limos after the show. People will line up outside for autographs. If you get there right after the show, you'll get a pretty decent spot.

Here's a video of DC outside the theater after Betrayal (not my video) but this was basically what it was like, and it's about the same vantage point I had.

Sorry to kick up this old argument once more but I also consider "longest running" to belong to Moore, considering the amount of installments he put out.

Internet high five man!

Internet high five man!

Right back at you!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

I loved the online for QoS so very, very much. One of my biggest gaming highlights of the era.

Same here. I love both QOS and BS and I regret that I can't play them again due to compatibility issues.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    LucknFate wrote: »

I would try. I live in Arizona and lucked out that I was back east during Betrayal's run.

Getting an autograph or seeing the actors is pretty easy, actually. Every theater has a stage door, from which the actors leave to get to their cars/limos after the show. People will line up outside for autographs. If you get there right after the show, you'll get a pretty decent spot.

Here's a video of DC outside the theater after Betrayal (not my video) but this was basically what it was like, and it's about the same vantage point I had.

Thank you! I walked past this door everyday on my way to work up until last year, apparently.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Same here. I love both QOS and BS and I regret that I can't play them again due to compatibility issues.

I'd love to go back to that release weekend of QoS online. Sweet perfection. If only it'd get some remaster or a port with the online features running again.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

And how many did Moore do? Há!

Anyway, one of the most pointless discussions.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

I'm sure he would've done many if he could've :)

hahaha no doubt!

I’d say Moore was the one actor who truly enjoyed and cherished playing Bond the most.If the console generation of gaming had been around during his tenure,I think he would have been quite happy to lend his voice and likeness to Bond video games.

I dream of a day where we get a great Bond game and you are able to choose which Bond actor you want to play as.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom

It is weird how, in this day and age where we value watching old films and TV shows so much, video games just become lost to the ether and can never be played again unless you do some tech archaeology.

It would have been my dream right after the FRWL game for them to get Roger to do a new game set in the 70s or something. He barely would have sounded any different.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

It is weird how, in this day and age where we value watching old films and TV shows so much, video games just become lost to the ether and can never be played again unless you do some tech archaeology.

True. I suppose developers don't think much of nostalgic gaming, which is why we have to rely on independent computer wizards to set us up with the necessary patches and whatever have you. I guess video game companies see themselves only as factories of consumer product rather than as distributors of, dare I say, art. I am sure there is some business in retro gaming, but perhaps not enough to warrant the price of remastering old games.