Take Bond Away from Activision

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Ubisoft. I liked Watch Dogs.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Yeah, I could actually see them taking over the license in 2014. Very possible.
    Ubisoft is my number 1 choice. I've never really played a BAD game from them. At least recently.

My number 2 choice would have to be 2k Games (Take Two interactive). I enjoy most of their games.

Also add Edios to the list for number 3. They make some great stuff

People who should NOT get it.

Activison: Something tells me they'll want it back, but EON knows how Bond has been handled. I would be surprised if they got it back.

Sega: They've proved with many Marvel games that they do not care about movie properties.

EA: They don't want it, so they shouldn't have it.

• bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    edited June 2012 Posts: 97
    I think ubisoft or Edios would be great companies ..
    well my dream is ubisoft actually with a bond game each year like Assassin's creed .. I think they have good developers also ..
    Or if it back to EA games Im happy also .. but for sure no no no Activision any more .. please EON ..
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Yeah, I could actually see them taking over the license in 2014. Very possible.
    I think if we can make a group in twitter or facebook to support this idea .. and remember its just two more years and we need bond back to games as before ..

• oo7oo7
    I think the option to publish games lies with what sort of deal can be drawn up between publisher and Danjaq. I doubt a fan petition would go anywhere. now if we bombarded activision with a resurrection of the Raven game we might get somewhere. or if someone was to demonstrate this Nightfire remake(i think it would be better to actually just make a straight up fps based on the mechanics and ignore the story) to another publisher then they might actually try to coupe the rights.
    QoS was a very fast produced alongside activision wrestling the control from EA. Unless though a company is already working on a bond game to shop around for activison I doubt it will be dropped. Activison has said that they take a loss on 007 games but i think the goldeneye forumla must have worked as technically we are getting the third game with that engine now. hopefully poor sales of legends will lead to them rethinking the format again.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Maybe it is a fun game, but it totally ruined the film. The game seemed to be based on the Jason Statham version of FRWL, instead of the cold-war spy thriller Connery version. But I guess gamers in 2005 needed wall-to-wall action to be entertained, and will fall asleep in stealth missions... FRWL the game was the COD version of a Connery film.

Jason Statham is a bit much, if that then Connery's bond would have been doing kung fu on the baddies.
    =))
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    After seeing E3, what devs would you want to see working on Bond? I still think Naughtydog would do a brilliant job. The Last of Us looks nothing short of amazing.

Ubisoft. Assassin's Creed 3 will probably be game of the year, and Watch Dogs looks cool too.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wasn't too impressed with The Last of Us. I just didn't get excited by it at all, while Watch Dogs made my jaw drop. That's true innovation, and great gameplay mechanics with a very interesting story it seems. I don't feel that with Naughty Dog's effort, who have disappointed me too much at this point.
    I'm not sure about Naughty Dog doing a Bond game. Apart from Uncharted, what great games have they made?

Ubisoft made the Assassin's Creed games (probably my favourite games of all time), Splinter Cell, and the Ghost Recon games. And Rockstar have made GTA, the Red Dead games, LA Noire and now Max Payne 3.

So I think Ubisoft or Rockstar, or maybe even EA again would be better choices.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Naughty Dog have done Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter in addition to Uncharted, very popular titles from yesteryear. Rockstar will never do it, they would want more control over the property and fight for their vision against EON.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Naughty Dog have done Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter in addition to Uncharted, very popular titles from yesteryear. Rockstar will never do it, they would want more control over the property and fight for their vision against EON.

I know Rockstar will never do it. Ubisoft though, I could see it happening.
    Ubisoft is a realistic choice while somebody like Sony and Rockstar is not.

In 2014 (or whenever the rights expire) one of these will happen.

The rights will stay with Activision

They will go to Ubisoft

OR, and I just had this thought, is that EON do what Batman does and not commit to a publisher and take it one game at a time. For example, Batman Begins was by EA, Arkham Asylum was by Edios, and Arkham City was by WB Interactive (so they took care of it themselves). It might not be the best option, but it is an option. And let's not forget that MGM does have a game divison
    And with that method we got the best Batman games yet. I think it could work, so that way if a studio wasn't cutting it, then there would be another studio to give it a better go.
  • oo7oo7
    i think ea dropped batman much like bond when they failed to release a game based on the film. edios published arkham then wb took the rights back when they bought up the studio for theirselves. if eon cared much for the format of gaming they might seek to find a dev of there own and then find a pubisher but as someone already pointed out bonds looked at as a very middle road character. people who play it want a fun and light experiance they can drop in and out of(this is from the articles point of view)
    i think its better now hitmans back as it fills in the cracks that bond devs leave.
    If anything prehaps activision wish to finish there run with the RAVEN bond game?
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited June 2012 Posts: 2,635
    if i understood right, there will be a Bond game named Raven?

Gosh. I hated that name. I hope that if there actually is a game, they get a better title.
    I'll reserve judgment until Legends is released but I would love a Bond game made by Rockstar.
    I hope the raven game sees the light of day. They are a very talented devolper. I still maintain that I believe vicarious visions is/was working on a Bond game as they are owned by Activision and have around three unannounced games for ps3/360 being worked on. Also they don't have the greatest track record so Bond would be a "low risk" move in Activisions mind for vicarious visions
    I'll reserve judgment until Legends is released but I would love a Bond game made by Rockstar.

Would be nice but as Rockstar loves Sandbox games maybe Bond turn into one of them. Would be cool.
  • bondbat007 wrote:
    OR, and I just had this thought, is that EON do what Batman does and not commit to a publisher and take it one game at a time. For example, Batman Begins was by EA, Arkham Asylum was by Edios, and Arkham City was by WB Interactive (so they took care of it themselves). It might not be the best option, but it is an option. And let's not forget that MGM does have a game divison

WB only took this long to publish themselves because they have only recently built up their games division. All DC games are published by WB Interactive now.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Gosh. I hated that name. I hope that if there actually is a game, they get a better title.

No, Raven Studios is/was? the developer. It isn't the name of the game.
    X3MSonicX wrote:

No, Raven Studios is/was? the developer. It isn't the name of the game.

oooh. :-S
    002 wrote:
    i swear i am sick of Activision destroying FPS by having their crappy Call of Duty games and well given that they defeciated on the good name of James Bond and Goldeneye.. i say the bond licence for video games goes to rocksteady, valve or even EA as they know what makes a good game...
    Slightly edited for content by @NicNac

I agree. activision is all corporate greed , they care only about money, but then again what video game company doesnt these days..video games in general suck now. they're all casual, dumbed down and require no skill or thinking.
    007 LEGENDs looks retarded if you ask me.

the possibilities with the bond franchise are endless. activision is hardly using any real creativity or originality with the bond license.

its quite ashame GE XBL never was released
    %-(
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I always wanted GE Source on the 360. It was rumored to be released for a while, then it was cancelled. Real shame.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I always wanted GE Source on the 360. It was rumored to be released for a while, then it was cancelled. Real shame.
    What was this? I heard about an XBLA Bond game, but was it supposed to be a port of GE Reloaded, or its own version?
    It may have been something like that. GE Source was a version of the Counter-Strike Source mod, GE Source, on the PC, which was a bunch of maps from the GE single player, just online, and it looked insane. I watched huge battles on the satellite from the GE finale, with players getting shot off railings and falling all the way to the bottom. Looked like a great amount of fun, but it never happened. I think the XBLA version is what I was thinking of, then, where they were going to do an HD version of the N64 game, correct? Really upsetting that it got canned, I always wanted to play an HD version of that.

Speaking of the Source mods, Counter-Strike is coming to XBLA and PSN for $15 in August. So excited.
  • oo7oo7
    urgh forget goldeneye and remakes fan maded or offical. im here for james bond games not goldeneye.
    that said themost bond like game of the series i think ive played was bond on the game boy.
    hopefuly if we all shun the legen ds game we will be back with a new development cycle, new engine new game format closer to bloodstone and emulating hitman/deus ex.
    @oo7, that's a bit contradictive. You're here for Bond games, but you aren't here for Goldeneye, which is a Bond game...

Granted, we have had a lot of GE releases and renditions, but I wouldn't mind getting an HD version of the original.

Time shall tell for 007 Legends. I really want it to be good, but I doubt I purchase it upon release until I hear reviews and see gameplay. I really wasted my money picking up GE Reloaded; the last excellent 007 game I played was QoS.
  • oo7oo7
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,068
    @creasy47
    ive said before the goldeneye engine inferior to the qos one. so why would they continue using it. the game only sold well and over shadowed bloodstone because of the name in 2010. gamespot gave bs a 7.5 and goldeneye 8? anyway the editorial team ended up killing bloodstone in the podcasts outside of the review. goldeneyes dam mission is rather good but then again it was the demo, when we got into the main chunk of the game it became rather rubbish. the writting made little to no sense, im not even sure ge 2010/2011 will be connected to legends due to those featuring the classic actors.
    I'm not here for goldneye, im hear for discussing proper progression of the gaming franchise. remakes of goldeneye or attempts to sell inferior games, ie wii engine disguised as third gen consoles is a joke. now we have dlc for that gasme being sold to us as a full experiance.
    i really couldnt be bothered for an hd release of goldeneye 64, no voice actors and skewed face mapping onto blocky headed character models is something i can do without.
    the last quality bond game was bloodstone i think.