Take Bond Away from Activision

Comments

If Bond doesn't go back to Acitivision (which I hope they do not, and I wouldn't think EON likes these reviews) then the only company I can see them going to is Ubisoft. EA doesn't want them back, and EON will never sell them to an exclusive party like Sony. 2K is another possibility but I doubt it. I would be very happy with Ubisoft, they always put care into everything they do and they have done movie games before
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    bondbat007 wrote:
    If Bond doesn't go back to Acitivision (which I hope they do not, and I wouldn't think EON likes these reviews) then the only company I can see them going to is Ubisoft. EA doesn't want them back, and EON will never sell them to an exclusive party like Sony. 2K is another possibility but I doubt it. I would be very happy with Ubisoft, they always put care into everything they do and they have done movie games before
    We need a company that respect bond history and bond fans and we need it soon please .. Ubisoft could do that for sure .. Well Im really mad since 2008 each time we wait for a good game and each time it getting worse.. We are unlucky for getting Activision behind this generation bond games ..

I've yet to play 007 Legends, but I don't understand all the hate for Activision. EA made a number of duds: 007 Racing, Tomorrow Never Dies, Rogue Agent ,and the utterly ridiculous From Russia with Love.

The Goldeneye remake (including reloaded) was a solid game. The only problem with it was a laggy multiplayer. I even enjoyed Bloodstone and QOS.

Quality has more to do with the developer than the publisher. Eurocom (which made games for EA and Activision) produced the best Bond games imho including Nightfire (console), TWINE, and the Goldeneye remake. If Legends is as bad as they say, it would be Eurocom's first failure.

Also, EA is an even greedier company than Activision, and not the innovative, quality-focused company they were in the 90's and early 00's. They would probably make half the game paid DLC (such as the Skyfall DLC) and charge for online multiplayer.
    Legend online MP is just as bad and imo worse than Reloaded in A LOT of areas. Complete flop considering they new the issues on Reloaded and didn't fix it. Huge slap in the face.
  • oo7oo7
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/08/activision-beats-earnings-estimates-continues-record-breaking-year

Next-gen consoles were also brought up many times by investors, and Kotick noted “we can't really talk too much about next generation console plans, but I think it's safe to say you have a Wii U coming out and there will be another new console coming and we expect that they'll be very successful.” He added that “we always evaluate all platforms with an eye towards being able to create the most compelling differentiated content. And whether it's Facebook as a platform or tablets or mobile devices platforms, once we think that we can put our best creative foot forward and we can deliver something that's compelling and engaging and meaningfully different and really capitalize on the capabilities of a new platform, we'll support it.”

Do you think that activisons plans to pander to the WiiU force more of these inferior bond games on us such as Goldeneye reloaded, a graphical enhancement of the engine used on Deadspace Extraction.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    MaidenDeth wrote:
    We will see if 007 Legends will be any different, but I doubt it. I'm downloading it off the PSN network right now. Here's to hoping for the best!

I'm sorry. You must have been so disappointed when you played it.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    MaidenDeth wrote:
    We will see if 007 Legends will be any different, but I doubt it. I'm downloading it off the PSN network right now. Here's to hoping for the best!

And, to add insult to injury, they probably paid full price for it as well.

I say give it back to EA, and get Bioware to do it. A Bond game in the gameplay style of the Mass Effect series would be great, plus Bioware know how to do narratively driven stories.

Mallory wrote:
    MaidenDeth wrote:

And, to add insult to injury, they probably paid full price for it as well.

I say give it back to EA, and get Bioware to do it. A Bond game in the gameplay style of the Mass Effect series would be great, plus Bioware know how to do narratively driven stories.

EA wont take it because they don't want movie products. And again, anybody saying how a top studio should have it, will be let down. I keep hearing how Rockstar and Naughty Dog should have it. That would mean Take Two and Sony and I can tell you they wouldn't give Bond to their prized studios. We can hope for realistic choices like Ubisoft giving it to Ubisoft Montreal
  • I'd be really happy if Ubisoft got it.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I'd be really happy if Ubisoft got it.

Ubisoft published, developed by Gearbox Software. That would be amazing.

BTW I'm currently playing Borderlands 2 which itself is amazing.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    hitmandlc.jpg

The graphics are great, the missions always full of originality and in need of silent, stealth action, they already work with disguises etc and they sure know how to make a shooter.

Eidos for Bond '14.
  • bond_azoozbondbond_azoozbond Portland,OR
    I will go with eidos .. Im feeling so bad with those cheap activision bond games .. Stop it activision we don't need anyone to miss the bond ..
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 16
    SPECTRE wrote:
    Also, EA is an even greedier company than Activision, and not the innovative, quality-focused company they were in the 90's and early 00's. They would probably make half the game paid DLC (such as the Skyfall DLC) and charge for online multiplayer.

NO. Activision are worse, they treat 007 like a budget licensed brand, along with Cabela's Hunting and Total Wipeout. EA may use online passes and day 1 DLC, but the majority of their product is of a high quality. Battlefield, Mass Effect, Skate, Criterion's Need for Speed games, Burnout, Dead Space, FIFA, Crysis. Their only consistent dud in recent years has been the Medal of Honor reboot.
    Don't forget all the great sports games EA makes.
  • This thread is awesome, my mates. The license SHOULD be taken away from Activision.
  • SPECTRE wrote:

NO. Activision are worse, they treat 007 like a budget licensed brand, along with Cabela's Hunting and Total Wipeout. EA may use online passes and day 1 DLC, but the majority of their product is of a high quality. Battlefield, Mass Effect, Skate, Criterion's Need for Speed games, Burnout, Dead Space, FIFA, Crysis. Their only consistent dud in recent years has been the Medal of Honor reboot.

Yes, definitely. Activision ruined the franchise.
  • oo7oo7
    JamesBond wrote:
    SPECTRE wrote:

Yes, definitely. Activision ruined the franchise.

aw now they banged Qos out and got bloodstone out and it was a promising start then they stagnated the whole thing with goldeneye and thinking it was the gameplay and engine that got the high review scores. amazingly the same game released this year earns under 5s where goldeneye reloaded earned 8.5s.
    so i think games journalists were as much to blame for the whole problem.
  • Why not acquire the license to Take-Two?
  • oo7oo7
    JamesBond wrote:
    Why not acquire the license to Take-Two?

elaborate. what's the developer you wish to see take it on?
  • Rockstar Games. Developer and Publisher.
  • Rockstar is essentially owned by Take-Two, right?
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 183
    007 Legends is definetly in my top 3 worst Bond games ever, and I'll be posting my scathing review when things dry up a bit on the forum, and a lot of it is down to polish and presentation, which Activision just can't do.

A lot of people are bringing Eidos up, and they would probably be a good choice (realistically speaking of course, compared to saying Naughty Dog or Rockstar for the 007 licence!)

The TV based Walking Dead game is coming out soon, and guess what? It's a FPS! That simple abbreviation combined with Activision will tell you immediately how good the game will be, and it's a shame really - I love the show... but Activision's handling of my beloved film franchise has taught us all many lessons...
  • oo7oo7
    JamesBond wrote:
    Rockstar is essentially owned by Take-Two, right?

other way around
    We need realistic options. Rockstar and Valve and all of these would be a dream.

Realistic good options

Ubisoft-Ubisoft Montreal (Tom Clancy games/Many others)

Take Two/2K games- Irrational (Bioshock) 2K Marin (Bioshock 2)

Edios- Any studio (they're all good)

THQ- Volation (Saints Row, Red Faction)

I would be happy with any one of these realistic choices
  • If ever Valve or Rockstar have done a Bond game...
  • oo7oo7
    Square enix
    give it to
    Io Software -hitman and kane and lynch
    Edios Montreal - deus ex human rev

EA
    the back catologue of games of hd would mean we would never not have another game coming out alongside new entry
    Visceral - the guys behind dead space and dantes inferno
    whatever infinity wards new name is....

I think rockstar are out of the question they are more into creating their own ip so they have complete control.
    Valve are out there with there own ips as well

i would also be interested if Starbreeze studios who did chronicles of riddick got a shot with the ip of bond
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:

Infinity Ward is still around, but the majority of their employees have moved over to a new company called Respawn Entertainment. Also, if you want a former COD developer to take over a Bond game, guess what you get? COD Bond games.
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:

Infinity Ward is still around, but the majority of their employees have moved over to a new company called Respawn Entertainment. Also, if you want a former COD developer to take over a Bond game, guess what you get? COD Bond games.
    RESPAWN, thats it. yeah well my point being that the original infinty ward never got a shot but if the rights fell back to ea we might see them get a go. no doubt the engine they are crafting at re spawn will be a interesting one to look forward to.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Konami should make a James Bond game. they would be amazing.
  • My problem with the Bond video games is that they don't seem to show any kind of respect for the Bond franchise. The games don't quite get the soundtracks right, being overly brassy and very cheesy sounding. The voice acting is usually terrible so the whole package ends up feeling like a Bond spoof rather than an actual serious product. This isn't the case so much with GE Reloaded and 007 Legends, but still they don't feel like quality AAA titles.

The only saving grace for Goldeneye Reloaded imho was that David Arnold was involved on the soundtrack and that made a big change in giving it more authentic.

I reckon if they made Bond games more like Splinter Cell : Conviction, then took Splinter Cell back to it's Chaos Theory style that would be a preferable trade off. You never really feel like Bond lately with the gadgets or the stealth like GE on the N64 because now they lazily made his only gadget a smartphone.

If a quality developer like Rockstar took Bond and made a game with it using the Max Payne / GTA V enhanced RAGE engine I think it would be something special. Or maybe give it to a Japanese developer so that they really integrate the story into the experience.

My issue with the games it that's they're far too cheesy and the villains feel like Austin Powers. If they wrote a non-generic story line with some complexity and excellent cut scenes and made a standalone AAA Bond adventure without trying to cash in or tie-in to a movie, I'd be up for that. Get David Arnold to do the soundtrack or a suitably respectful composer, a decent title theme and Daniel Kleinman to do the titles instead of those terrible generic dancing silhouette women intros they usually do...