Coronavirus Discussion

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    At his US Senate hearing today, Dr. Anthony Fauci says the US daily infection rate "could easily go up to 100,000 a day".

"It is going to be very disturbing, I will guarantee you that."

If we had been vigilent about this from the start, we would not be in this position.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.

And you're saying? Especially regarding a country that goofed coronavirus response big-time? It doesn't make sense to purely post links, to questionable websites (like you do most of the time) or neutral ones without making a statement.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Sure you have been... :-)
    Listen, I'm right, and you'll just have to take my word for it. ;)
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 1,314
    Just watching the news.

Anti vaccines people are utter morons.

There’s a reason I don’t know as many people who have died of polio, smallpox, tuberculosis, measles, rubella, cholera, typhoid, whooping cough, malaria, influenza etc compared to say my great grand parents, or a man of a similar age in sub Saharan Africa.

The facts are as follows - states / countries who’s citizens and governments aren’t following with the advice of scientists, making the appropriate sacrifices are where people are dying. Brazil and the US to name but 2.

People can argue all they want about mandatory masks as being an infringement of civil liberties whatever that means, but the fact is you are going to have an astronomically higher death rate.

Getting all Dewey eyed over ‘old glory’ or favouring faux-patriotic nonsense really hasn’t paid dividends in Texas, Florida and Arizona has it?
    Listen, I'm right, and you'll just have to take my word for it. ;)

And to anyone who disputes that:

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I won't go as far as call them morons. They probably have a reason why they stick to irrational thinking. It's sort of a church. One of my former collegues is a military man, was in Bosnia when it all went bad (Srebrenica), has been vaccinated 10 times the world over but now is anti vaccination. Always cross-thinking he was an asset to the organisation I worked for, but he's now infected with the pro-russia news (you know, zero hedge and the like) and anti vaccinations. Why? I've been trying to find out for the last 10 years. But a moron he is not.
    Well I mean with regards to their views on healthcare...

Edward Jenner’s smallpox vaccine has saved an estimated half a billion people from dying an awful, awful death.

I’ll wait for an convincing argument against that.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

And you're saying? Especially regarding a country that goofed coronavirus response big-time? It doesn't make sense to purely post links, to questionable websites (like you do most of the time) or neutral ones without making a statement.

What is questionable and not can be discussed. Why do you need a commentary? This is very relevant and on-topic information in itself. Much more so than your own post which I just quoted. Nothing of interest there. I am guessing the country you mention is the USA?

This covipass is already set to be implemented in Italy, Portugal, France, India, USA, Canada, Sweden, Spain, South Africa, Mexico, The UAE, The Netherlands and a few other countries.

And regarding your usual malicious and unfounded smears-I never tell you what you can and cannot do, how to think, what you must, what you can and cannot post etc. Among us, I am not the nazi. Maybe the attitude you and your totalitarian friends here have, should worry me, but it doesn t. Regardless of what you think and wish, I am a free person and so is everyone else. Peace.
  • "Free is when you don't have to pay for nothing or do nothing, we want to be free. Free as the wind!" --Frank Zappa, "Teen Age Wind"

Urging people to take steps to curb this pandemic is not being a totalitarian. Urging people to follow links to questionable web-sites is not being "free," it's being irresponsible.
    Thanks, @BeatlesSansEarmuffs. A voice of reason, as always.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Tom Hanks has spoken: ''Shame on you if you don't wear a mask.''

“There’s really only three things we can do in order to get to tomorrow: Wear a mask, social distance, wash our hands. Those things are so simple, so easy, if anybody cannot find it in themselves to practice those three very basic things – I just think shame on you. Don’t be a p----, get on with it, do your part. It’s very basic. If you’re driving a car, you don’t go too fast, you use your turn signal and you avoid hitting pedestrians. My Lord, it’s common sense.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/505439-tom-hanks-shame-on-you-if-you-dont-wear-a-face-mask
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Hanks is correct.
    It's really very easy!
    We're not asking people to do too much out of the ordinary. Avoid contact, wear masks, wash your hands, don't touch your face.
    Seems like anti-vaxxers have been around a long time :

Unholy_three.png

And used the same argument as now. Morons !
    "Science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom."
    Isaac Asimov
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 2,896
    General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
    I just hope my bodily fluids are still untouched...in spite of the Internet.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    Revelator wrote: »
    General Jack D. Ripper: You know when fluoridation first began?

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: I... no, no. I don't, Jack.

General Jack D. Ripper: Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

The problem is that unlike 1964, when "Dr. Strangelove" was released, today we have a "certain" political establishment that thinks that General Ripper was quite sane.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The USA has once again recorded their worst day of the pandemic. On June 25th, the US recorded 40,212 new infections, marking the first time they were above 40,000 new cases. Yesterday (June 26th), the USA recorded 47,341 new cases.

World-wide, yesterday was the worst day yet, with 194,190. new cases. Of those, 94,248 were recorded in only 2 countries: USA and Brazil.

5 days later, the USA have once again recorded their worst day of the pandemic. Yesterday (July 1st), the USA recorded 52,982 new infections. They are now the second country to reach over 50,000 new cases in a single day; Brazil recorded 55,209 new cases on June 19th.

Worldwide, yesterday saw 196,901 new infections. Of those, 97,866 came from the USA and Brazil.
    Looks like old Donald has seen the light. Suddenly, he is pro mouth masks. Better late than never, I suppose. It's just tragic that tens of thousands of Americans have died because the leader of the tribe spent the past several months mocking those masks.

NpVb.gif
    @DarthDimi Don't get too excited. On the exact day that the USA crossed the 50,000 daily cases milestone, good ol' Donald Trump has once again claimed the coronavirus will simply disappear.

“I think we’re gonna be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that’s going to, sort of, just disappear — I hope.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-coronavirus-cases-us-fox-news-interview-today-covid-a9596631.html
    He's right. Eventually, it'll just go away. After about 60 to 80% of all Americans have died, then it'll go away. ;-)

I'd laugh if this wasn't such a tragedy. I'd laugh because years ago, some people here were very pleased with this senior citizen taking office. He would bring change, make America great again. And then this little bug comes along and bites him in the orange. H.G. Wells was right.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    So after one month of total freedom after all the restrictions Italy seems to be in a positive situation. The general picture of the impact and transmission of the virus remains at a low level of criticality, with an incidence of 5.98 per 100,000 inhabitants (in decline).

C_17_notizie_4942_immagineEvidenza.png

Anyway the virus is still spreading (even tho it's far less powerful and contagious than before) and there have been some hotspots but they were able to manage them. One brought the attention of the country because (a couple of hours from Naples) the Region needed the army in order to force people in quarantine, since there have been fights between italians and lots of infected people mainly from Bulgaria.

Schermata-2020-06-25-alle-18.03.14-1050x603.png
    Ha ha. You have to laugh at Trump. A man so far out of his intellectual depth he should be walking round on stilts.
    It's all fun and games until his policies have a direct effect on your health and well being.
    It's all fun and games until his policies have a direct effect on your health and well being.

Agreed. This isn't a joke.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Gerard wrote: »
    Seems like anti-vaxxers have been around a long time :

Unholy_three.png

And used the same argument as now. Morons !

They have. That's what makes it interesting. How can otherwise (seemingly) sane persons come to such an illogical conclusion. Calling them morons puts them away and doesn't help anyone. Even probably makes them more convinced of their beeing right.