The Where Are You Seeing NO TIME TO DIE Thread - Tickets On Sale September 13

Comments

90 mins to go until midnight screenings in the UK!

Almost there...
    I managed to find an advance screening at a theater about 50 minutes outside Toronto on October 6th at 7:00 pm (already seeing it on Thursday night previews on the 7th) so combined with the premiere, I'm locked in to see NTTD at least three times theatrically.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Saw it at IMAX yesterday. Loved the experience. Its definitely meant to be seen at least once at IMAX. I went all dressed up too because this being Craig's final one, I just had to. The cinema was giving away a nice fan art poster of Vesper and Le Chiffre too for those watching the movie. I'll definitely be watching the movie again soon but in a regular cinema this time around.

51536124749_7d76a718fc_b.jpg
    51537459563_3225d747c5_b.jpg
    51535647323_e8bd7a4b21_b.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Got tickets for tomorrow.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I'm glad it's hitting your neck of the woods sooner rather than later. Looking forward to your thoughts, my friend.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm glad it's hitting your neck of the woods sooner rather than later. Looking forward to your thoughts, my friend.

I am looking forward to my thoughts as well. Went to see Dune today, but Bond premiered around the same time, so saw a lot of tux clad dudes, and the entrance was torch lit etc.

I am looking forward to my thoughts as well. Went to see Dune today, but Bond premiered around the same time, so saw a lot of tux clad dudes, and the entrance was torch lit etc.

I hope that was good. I still have three weeks to wait for that one to release in the U.S., sadly. I'm itching for a viewing of it.

I hope that was good. I still have three weeks to wait for that one to release in the U.S., sadly. I'm itching for a viewing of it.

So far-movie of the year.

So far-movie of the year.

That's very promising.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Was disappointed in the sound at my local Cineworld 'superscreen' compared to IMAX Vue Printworks. Think I would have struggled to know what was being said in some places if I hadn't already seen the film. GF wants to see it again so think I'll take her to the everyman for my 3rd viewing.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited October 2021 Posts: 7,518
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Saw it at IMAX yesterday. Loved the experience. Its definitely meant to be seen at least once at IMAX. I went all dressed up too because this being Craig's final one, I just had to. The cinema was giving away a nice fan art poster of Vesper and Le Chiffre too for those watching the movie. I'll definitely be watching the movie again soon but in a regular cinema this time around.

51536124749_7d76a718fc_b.jpg
    51537459563_3225d747c5_b.jpg
    51535647323_e8bd7a4b21_b.jpg

That poster is awesome! Glad they’re using some of those fan posters from that contest from years ago.
    I've bought a ticket to the 3:45PM screening in 3D tomorrow at Scotiabank Theatre. This will be my 4th time seeing NTTD. Tickets aren't on sale digitally yet for Friday evening (the 15th) but I'd like to see it again in IMAX with what will likely be the biggest crowd of the week.
    I've bought a ticket to the 3:45PM screening in 3D tomorrow at Scotiabank Theatre. This will be my 4th time seeing NTTD. Tickets aren't on sale digitally yet for Friday evening (the 15th) but I'd like to see it again in IMAX with what will likely be the biggest crowd of the week.

Fellow Vancouverite? Were you at either the IMAX showing on Thursday the 7th at 6:30PM, or the ScotiaBank showing on Wednesday the 6th at 7PM?

Fellow Vancouverite? Were you at either the IMAX showing on Thursday the 7th at 6:30PM, or the ScotiaBank showing on Wednesday the 6th at 7PM?

No, sorry, Toronto. I think there is also a Scotiabank Theatre in Ottawa.

Fair enough!
  • edited October 2021 Posts: 2,400
    I am going in for viewing #5 with my best friend and his fiancée on Thursday at 10:30 pm, and #6 on Friday at 6:45 pm, both times in IMAX, Thursday at Empress Walk and Friday at Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @StirredNotShaken I was so impressed with the IMAX projection at scotia. I’ve watched the film 2 other times at cineplex vaughan and the IMAX there doesn’t even compare. Watching the first 20 mins was easily the most exhilarating cinematic experience I’ve had.
    jake24 wrote: »
    @StirredNotShaken I was so impressed with the IMAX projection at scotia. I’ve watched the film 2 other times at cineplex vaughan and the IMAX there doesn’t even compare. Watching the first 20 mins was easily the most exhilarating cinematic experience I’ve had.

I've never seen an IMAX showing at Empress Walk so I'm interested in whether or not it's "true" IMAX, but my best screening of the film so far was DEFINITELY the IMAX at Scotiabank. This Friday will mark my first time repeating it on the same screen for that reason.
  • I've bought a ticket to the 3:45PM screening in 3D tomorrow at Scotiabank Theatre. This will be my 4th time seeing NTTD. Tickets aren't on sale digitally yet for Friday evening (the 15th) but I'd like to see it again in IMAX with what will likely be the biggest crowd of the week.

Fair enough!

There's even a Scotiabank Theatre in little old Saskatoon :-c haha. Wish I was somewhere with a real Imax though.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    what has been the best theatrical experience in LA so far?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited October 2021 Posts: 2,630
    what has been the best theatrical experience in LA so far?

I can’t imagine you’ll do much better than the AMC Universal Citywalk or the TCL Chinese Theater (both are IMAX)
    If only it were possible to drive from Toronto to San Francisco in one day!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    After seeing this endorsement by Gregg Wilson, I decided to check out a Screen X presentation of NTTD at the Regal theater in Irvine Spectrum.

The extra footage on the sides is a neat gimmick to try to make the film immersive, but really that’s all it is. The main center screen is all that matters anyway since that’s where all the important info comes. Also, the sound quality was quite poor at the theater I was at which is surprising since Regal Spectrum in Irvine is supposed to be their premiere theaters. I don’t think that’s the same case for every Screen X presentation, it could just be the theater I was at. It looked like it was a regular size theater converted to Screen X, rather than using one of the larger venues to take advantage of the gimmick. If I ever try Screen X again, I’ll make sure to look for a different theater with a better sound system.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I watched Star Trek Beyond this way. It was more of a distraction than anything else. Not a big fan. Just give me a traditional movie screen.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Watching the video with Gregg Wilson, really struck me how he talks exactly like his dad. Same mannerisms. Kind of a plain boring personality you don’t normally prop up there for publicity. But the guy is doing things for EON his dad and aunt probably have no time or patience for like shilling a theater format that will probably die off soon in post-pandemic.
    After their unfortunate experience with a cancelled screening two weeks ago, my parents are finally getting to see NTTD alongside my 007th viewing tonight at 10:30 pm, Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto, for one of the very last screenings on the proper IMAX screen before Dune takes over on Thursday evening.
    Am going for my 3rd viewing on an IMAX screen this evening! That will probably be it for me until the Bluray release!
    I'll be seeing it again on Saturday, my second viewing, which will probably be my last one until the 4K's out, unfortunately. Seems they're already heavily pulling back on its showings, with only 3-4 a day by that point. If I'm somehow lucky enough to have an opportunity for a third viewing, I'll take it, though.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2021 Posts: 4,415
    Almoost 40 minutes a go i returns from my view of No Time To Die. I deside to watch movie at 5.30 Pm (17.30) There show a trailer from a new Diana movie named ''Spencer'' (Letter type of Spectre) and new trailer of Last Night in Soho that shows Thunderball poster twice. Also NTTD promo that promoted cars from the movie.

A lot people must have thaught same as me with longer screentime and fact there will be another presconference soon, today or tomorrow is day to go.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Gonna see it Sunday night for the first time (yeesh). Any recommendations on when and which scene is the best time to run out for a pee?