The Where Are You Seeing NO TIME TO DIE Thread - Tickets On Sale September 13

Comments

0) (Precise your country).

Germany

1) Are the cinemas in your country currently closed by the government or not? (If so, when is the film scheduled?)

Cinemas are open. NTTD release date: 30 September 2021

2) (If yes, are cinemas closed in the whole country or just in one part, like a region or a city?)

-

3) What are the current conditions for accessing cinemas in your country? (example: see the answer for France below).

It depends on in what state you are (Germany has 16 states, and each state has its own Covid-regulations)

IF the Covid-7-day-Incidence is above 50 in your state, cinemas have to follow certain rules:
    - 3G (geimpft, genesen, geimpft (english: vaccinated, healed or tested))
    In some states this means, that the cinema can work at full capicity, in some states it means, that they can only work at 50% capacity.
    - 2G (geimpft, genesen (only vaccinated or healed, no persons allowed, that are just tested))
    With 2G cinemas are allowed to work at 100% capacity, but no one who is not vaccinated or healed is allowed to enter

IF the Covid-7-day-Incidence is below 50, not the country, but the state can decide on what measures will be in place.

So, as you can see: the rules can differ from state to state and even from week to week.

4) Is there a law in your country which obliges the wearing of a mask in the cinemas during the screening of films? (You can add if mask if you personally think masks should or shouldn't be mandatory).

It depends on in what state you are. In some states it's mandatory, in some not.

5) Is there a limit to the number of seats in cinemas? (And a eventual curfew?)

It depends on in what state you are. In some states cinemas are allowed to work at full capacity.

In Hamburg (this is a city and a state at the same time) cinemas can decide if they will have 3G (only 50% capacity, but also unvaccinated tested people) or 2G (100% capacity, but no "just tested"-people allowed).
    So even within a state or a city it can differ from cinema to cinema as to what regulations are at work.

Of course everywhere modern AC-systems, hand-sanitizers etc. are mandatory.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Damn, those true IMAX screenings are dwindling.

At the Irvine Spectrum they still have the silver screen shaped for 1.43:1 projections, but as you said awhile back they no longer have the projector that used to do that. What a waste of a nice large screen.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2021 Posts: 4,043
    Leeds Kirkstall Road IMAX 12pm 30/09/21

I've seen 2 other films on this screen, neither was shot in IMAX BR2049, which was amazing and my very last trip to the cinema at the beginning of 2020, which was The Rise Of Skywalker which was an entirely different experience, a dire mess of a film.

It sounds like my IMAX isn't a genuine one but hey I'll live with it.
    0) (Precise your country). - UK
    1) Are the cinemas in your country currently closed by the government or not? (If so, when is the film scheduled?) - fully open

2) (If yes, are cinemas closed in the whole country or just in one part, like a region or a city?)

3) What are the current conditions for accessing cinemas in your country? (example: see the answer for France below). - there's no need for proof of vaccination/negative test. After the announcement the other day from the government, in case they end up following "Plan B", if the hospitalisations/deaths begin to rise, events over 500 people may end up requiring the "COID Pass"

4) Is there a law in your country which obliges the wearing of a mask in the cinemas during the screening of films? (You can add if mask if you personally think masks should or shouldn't be mandatory). - no. Personally I think, particularly with no distancing, masks should still be needed and I will be wearing... Some cinemas, mostly independent venues rather than major chains, are encouraging customers to wear masks except when eating or drinking.

5) Is there a limit to the number of seats in cinemas? (And a eventual curfew?) - none at all. Some cinemas - again more the independent variety - are still keeping some form of distancing. In fact the opening weekend evening screenings of NTTD at the Odeon Leicester Square (700 seats) and the BFI IMAX (500) look to be fully 100% sold out with no distancing, by Sept 30..
  • Sooooo, first person to buy tickets in my city and have five people joining me for IMAX on Wednesday, ten other friends on Thursday, and a third showing in Europe on Sunday
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    0) (Precise your country).

Germany

1) Are the cinemas in your country currently closed by the government or not? (If so, when is the film scheduled?)

Cinemas are open. NTTD release date: 30 September 2021

-

3) What are the current conditions for accessing cinemas in your country? (example: see the answer for France below).

It depends on in what state you are (Germany has 16 states, and each state has its own Covid-regulations)

IF the Covid-7-day-Incidence is above 50 in your state, cinemas have to follow certain rules:
    - 3G (geimpft, genesen, geimpft (english: vaccinated, healed or tested))
    In some states this means, that the cinema can work at full capicity, in some states it means, that they can only work at 50% capacity.
    - 2G (geimpft, genesen (only vaccinated or healed, no persons allowed, that are just tested))
    With 2G cinemas are allowed to work at 100% capacity, but no one who is not vaccinated or healed is allowed to enter

IF the Covid-7-day-Incidence is below 50, not the country, but the state can decide on what measures will be in place.

So, as you can see: the rules can differ from state to state and even from week to week.

4) Is there a law in your country which obliges the wearing of a mask in the cinemas during the screening of films? (You can add if mask if you personally think masks should or shouldn't be mandatory).

It depends on in what state you are. In some states it's mandatory, in some not.

5) Is there a limit to the number of seats in cinemas? (And a eventual curfew?)

It depends on in what state you are. In some states cinemas are allowed to work at full capacity.

In Hamburg (this is a city and a state at the same time) cinemas can decide if they will have 3G (only 50% capacity, but also unvaccinated tested people) or 2G (100% capacity, but no "just tested"-people allowed).
    So even within a state or a city it can differ from cinema to cinema as to what regulations are at work.

Of course everywhere modern AC-systems, hand-sanitizers etc. are mandatory.

Thanks for the summary regarding Germany, @Jan1985. I can add that the Savoy in Hamburg for which I got my tickets opted for the "2 G" scheme, so they can apparently use their full seating, but only for vaccinated or recovered persons. Fine with me.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 490
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Sucks that we in The States have to wait almost two weeks. It seems ridiculous. As for @Benny , I don't know what to tell you. Or the Chinese.

That’s what happens when we declare independence.
  • 007Aus007Aus Melbourne, Australia
    All depends on what is and isn't allowed to be open here in Australia. Most likely will be IMAX Melbourne for the first screening.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 847
    Thanks you for you answers.

Just 2 quick question :
    - Antowolk, by UK you mean England (or all the UK main island) ?
    - Jan, so let me understand : in 2G they refuse tested people (while they are the only ones that we are sure they don't have COVID ?! Seems stupid IMO, no ?). I guess by "Covid-7-day-Incidence is above 50" means less than 50 death in a week.

So far I have :
    - France, Poland, Switzerland, Russia, Germany, UK, Thailand & Belgium.

What would I like :
    - China, Spain, Australia, New Zeland, Italy, USA, Canada, Mexico, Netherlands, Brasil, Sweden & Japan, (and wherever you live).

So if there is members of theses country here.
    Thanks you for you answers.

Just 2 quick question :
    - Antowolk, by UK you mean England (or all the UK main island) ?
    - Jan, so let me understand : in 2G they refuse tested people (while they are the only ones that we are sure they don't have COVID ?! Seems stupid IMO, no ?). I guess by "Covid-7-day-Incidence is above 50" means less than 50 death in a week.

So far I have :
    - France, Poland, Switzerland, Russia, Germany, UK, Thailand & Belgium.

What would I like :
    - China, Spain, Australia, New Zeland, Italy, USA, Canada, Mexico, Netherlands, Brasil, Sweden & Japan, (and wherever you live).

So if there is members of theses country here.

Yes, England.
    Jan, so let me understand : in 2G they refuse tested people (while they are the only ones that we are sure they don't have COVID ?! Seems stupid IMO, no ?). I guess by "Covid-7-day-Incidence is above 50" means less than 50 death in a week.

It means less than 50 new infections per 100.000 in one week.

Concerning tests: they can be "false negative". But the thought behind 2G is: a vaccinated person, even when infectious, will spread less virus than a non-vaccinated person. And if there are only vaccinated people in the room, the risk, that someone will end up in hospital, is low.
    But the main reason for 2G is, in my opinion, that they want people to get vaccinated. So they say: if you don't do that, you're not able anymore to attend a concert or enter a restaurant, a cinema, a theatre ... It's a political pressure.
    To be fair we did that with other viruses. If you want your kid to go to school, they have to be vaccinated for xyz. Non-negotiable. Don’t like it, then your kid won’t get the education unless you’re willing to homeschool.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    0) (Precise your country). - Norway
    1) Are the cinemas in your country currently closed by the government or not? (If so, when is the film scheduled?) - fully open

3) What are the current conditions for accessing cinemas in your country? -no conditions

4) Is there a law in your country which obliges the wearing of a mask in the cinemas during the screening of films? (You can add if mask if you personally think masks should or shouldn't be mandatory). - no. If it were, I wouldn t go. Even for Bond.

5) Is there a limit to the number of seats in cinemas? (And a eventual curfew?) - yes, this is the one thing that has been kept, distancing between groups of people who went together. Suits me fine.
  • antovolk wrote: »
    scotty8692 wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    The BFI in London isn’t a full IMAX theater?

It is but it doesn't have laser projection for digital showings (they have Xenon 2K). And unless something radically changes in the next week, there are no 70mm prints of NTTD available. The BFI will screen it in 1.9:1.

btw re: Science Museum a lot of it has to do apparently with private hires outside of museum hours at that time...

antovolk, for idiots like me that aren't so technologically minded, and that want to watch the film in IMAX and the best quality possible, where should we be booking in London then? Reading your earlier posts, Cineworld Leicester Square seems to be the only choice-correct? BFI IMAX is my only experience of watching something in a cinema in London. To be honest, that left me a bit cold when seeing Spectre. Not only could I see the scaffolding clearly behind the screen in the lighter scenes-the Austria and Morocco ones-a workman's walkie talkie went off backstage, and could hear it clearly. Both issues really took me out of the film. Out of my 3 cinema viewings of SP, the one at the IMAX was the one I enjoyed least, in terms of cinematic experience.

Correct (for IMAX, or make the trip to Manchester), or the Odeon Leicester Square & West End for Dolby Cinema (Dolby Vision projection and Atmos audio)
    octofinger wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a movie on an Onyx screen? Apparently it's Samsung's new LED screen technology.

I've got the option of seeing it on a few different types of screen, locally, and am wondering which to pick.

Onyx is a very new technology which is basically a giant TV screen in lieu of a projector. Most filmmakers are definitely feeling very apprehensive about it, while for others it is an interesting thing because of benefits like HDR, which you can get from top line TVs at home, being brought to the big screen in full force.

Worth trying just as a curio but in terms of artistic intent with this film, go IMAX or Dolby first.

Appreciate the reply! I'm staying within walking distance to the BFI IMAX so it's easier for me to get to, but I'll based on my experience of it last time, and your knowledge, I'll try one of the other cinemas this time most likely. Want to see the 'expanded' footage obviously, but also want to see it in as best quality otherwise, so thanks again.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Finally confirmed that this premieres here October 1st. I may not go to the premiere, but aim to see it within the first week.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Finally confirmed that this premieres here October 1st. I may not go to the premiere, but aim to see it within the first week.

That's excellent. Looking forward to your thoughts.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Do we know how ticket sales are going?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Denbigh wrote: »

In the article in The Sunday Times from last weekend, NTTD had sold more tickets at Vue in 24 hours than Spectre had in 4 1/2 weeks.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Mallory wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

In the article in The Sunday Times from last weekend, NTTD had sold more tickets at Vue in 24 hours than Spectre had in 4 1/2 weeks.
    It seems like the opening night at my local IMAX sold out faster than SPECTRE did, but that could also be related to more seats being booked out due to physical distancing rather than more tickets sold. Still, most of the auditorium booked within the first 2 hours which is a good sign.
    There’s only one other couple so far at my special early screening, but the 8th has lots already sold. Maybe the extra prices put most off.
    I bought tickets for October 7th 2021
  • I realise I am a bit late here, but it seems that ballots were held for healthcare workers to apply for tickets for the regional UK premieres, but have now closed, e.g.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ODEONCinemas/status/1440241111264481285

https://www.facebook.com/289863094382887/posts/4289316447770845/
  • 00Heaven00Heaven Home
    jamesyreid wrote: »
    I realise I am a bit late here, but it seems that ballots were held for healthcare workers to apply for tickets for the regional UK premieres, but have now closed, e.g.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ODEONCinemas/status/1440241111264481285

https://www.facebook.com/289863094382887/posts/4289316447770845/

That's unfortunate. My booking is for Liverpool One IMAX on release date. Had I the opportunity (which I didn't) I would have gladly released this to you for obvious reasons.
    I have my ticket for Thursday, October 7th at the Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto at 10:45 pm. My parents are seeing it in a different cinema at 7 PM.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I have my ticket for Thursday, October 7th at the Scotiabank Theatre in Toronto at 10:45 pm. My parents are seeing it in a different cinema at 7 PM.
    Kudos, I am seeing it there as well (the 7PM showing).
    Birdleson wrote: »

Last time I was in Toronto, I was in a strip bar when a fight broke out because some guys were throwing nickels at the dancer, Fifi (or Gigi, I don't remember for sure). Then I had to hitch a ride on the back of a trolley to get out of town. Hitchhiked back across the border, first getting picked up by a guy so drunk he couldn't see the road, then by some kids popping mescaline like candy. Sept. 1982. That was on a Saturday. Friday had been my first Grateful Dead show in Syracuse, Sunday was The Who and The Clash in Buffalo. Somehow I ended up in Toronto in transit.
    @Birdleson sounds like you went to either Brass Rails or Zanzibar
  • Haha never thought I'd read about the Brass Rail on MI6.. Good times there in Toronto a few years back.
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 2,586
    I'll see it here in China. Won't be out until the 29th of October but at least there is finally a release date! Something tells me I should avoid these forums between the time it's released in The UK and when I see it. ;)

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/no-time-to-die-release-event-calendar?id=04946
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited September 2021 Posts: 2,457
    It's crazy to think we'll be lucky enough to see this in just over a week.
    I'll probably see it at least 3 times over that initial weekend with different friends and family
    Sorry to rub it in @Bounine mate, I hope it's worth the wait for you my friend