NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I hope everyone has a great December 4th. Annoyingly I do have work from 2 - 10pm that day so will have to jump on the hype with you all when I finish, but will definitely post my initial reaction as soon as I watch the trailer as it seems to be coming out before I start :D

Strategic bathroom break, @Denbigh

Think like a spy.
    giphy.gif
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I will probably first throw up of excitement before the segment, then one more time afterwards due to all the candy-eating during the segment. :))
    A teaser next week how has no one used the obvious line

“Very novel Q should get it into the stores by Christmas”
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Yeah probably they implemented the October teaser with some scenes filmed in Matera.
    I’m expecting almost nothing in terms of story - just a re-affirmation of Bond being lured back into service out of retirement. I’m hopeful for a brief glimpse of Safin, or at least a voiceover line. Definitely a scene of Bond with Felix. I hope in general it’s like the first SF or SP trailer, because those were both superb.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I hope it’s a longer trailer w/o giving too much away. If that’s possible.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Skyfall's teaser is the benchmark. SP's was great but I wouldn't want to see two Bond teasers on a row without any action.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    jake24 wrote: »
    Skyfall's teaser is the benchmark. SP's was great but I wouldn't want to see two Bond teasers on a row without any action.
    Yeah I'm hoping for something like the Skyfall teaser. A crowning jewel of teaser trailers.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm hoping for something like the Skyfall teaser. A crowning jewel of teaser trailers.

Absolutely.

I'd like a teaser for NTTD that's a bit longer and has a little more conventionally pulse-pounding Bond theme, but regardless: Skyfall's is a virtually perfect teaser trailer. A visual feast that offers just enough of a differentiated story hook to make the audience wonder what the hell our (visibly shaken) man James is up to.

I think I'll watch it again. :)

The riff in skyfalls teaser after the word game is amazing
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I'm actually a big fan of the Bond theme interpretation that runs through that trailer, yes. Actually it's all "Bond theme", albeit through a very very contemporary lens. Quite interesting.

With a four-year gap, though...I wouldn't mind some heavy, edgy traditional James Bond theme on guitar for this teaser. I suppose I can go listen to the ParodiFair version again...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    AgentM72 wrote: »

I'm actually a big fan of the Bond theme interpretation that runs through that trailer, yes. Actually it's all "Bond theme", albeit through a very very contemporary lens. Quite interesting.

With a four-year gap, though...I wouldn't mind some heavy, edgy traditional James Bond theme on guitar for this teaser. I suppose I can go listen to the ParodiFair version again...

I instantly opened up the GoldenEye teaser trailer when I read that. Masterpiece.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Now this is where we can really appreciate the secrecy this film has been under, especially when the trailer is very much in sight, and by this time next week we're gonna have a closer perspective on this film that we've all been waiting for :)

I instantly opened up the GoldenEye teaser trailer when I read that. Masterpiece.

Holds up and is pure Bond. TBH, I think some of the Craig teaser trailers, SP for instance could be for almost any thriller type film.

Oof, yes. Another all-time great. I wish I'd been a Bond fan at that point to have been able to see and enjoy it in cinemas -- I can only imagine it must have brought the house down.

Oof, yes. Another all-time great. I wish I'd been a Bond fan at that point to have been able to see and enjoy it in cinemas -- I can only imagine it must have brought the house down.

It was amazing.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2019 Posts: 23,376
    I was 20 years old when I watched GE at the cinema and the teaser was a cracker, I forget which film the teaser appeared before (it may have been Die Hard with a Vengeance or Batman Forever), those were the days when for the most part you often only saw trailers on the big screen and you knew very little about a film going in.
    Craig and Ana de Armas steak the show in Knives out. They’ll have chemistry I’m sure in NTTD
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Will the trailer drop before the GMA special, what do we reckon? :)
    I was 20 years old when I watched GE at the cinema and the teaser was a cracker, I forget which film the teaser appeared before (it may have been Die Hard with a Vengeance or Batman Forever), those were the days when for the most part you often only saw trailers on the big screen and you knew very little about a film going in.
    I remember a time when we used to get a deluge of TV spots starting with DAF in 1971. They always used to be sandwiched between On The Buses or some other big-draw ITV show. This trend continued with LALD onwards, right up to FYEO, if memory serves me correct. Of course, this was only a couple of weeks just prior to the movie's release, not an advanced teaser as such. The first proper teaser I can recall seeing in the cinema was for LALD with the 1973 UK Milk Board commercial tie-in.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    bondsum wrote: »
    I remember a time when we used to get a deluge of TV spots starting with DAF in 1971. They always used to be sandwiched between On The Buses or some other big-draw ITV show. This trend continued with LALD onwards, right up to FYEO, if memory serves me correct. Of course, this was only a couple of weeks just prior to the movie's release, not an advanced teaser as such. The first proper teaser I can recall seeing in the cinema was for LALD with the 1973 UK Milk Board commercial tie-in.

I have a vague memory of seeing FYEO trailer during a rerun of Planet of the Apes TV show which has stuck with me, though its a memory I am not hundred per cent certain of. I watched alot of the films on Beta Max and VHS around that time, its all vague I was young.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I hope Rami is present in the trailer. I'm pretty excited for the trailer next week.
    My biggest hope is that we get a Bond is back vibe. It has been nearly four and a half years after all.

He'll be sipping a beer and looking straight into the camera while saying "guess who's back".

Followed by a montage of action scenes, and Rami smiling.

;-)
  • I hope they don't put much of the story in. The Spectre full trailer had much too much of the story in. I'm betting they'll honour the secrecy and the trailers won't give too much away when they are released*.

*Which is the word we used to use.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    RC7 wrote: »
    It may not have matera in it.

Bet it’s the cabin, Bond depressed in Jamaica, and a short bit of bond fighting in Cuba or driving the vantage then a short 7 or 8 seconds of safin in a voiceover just like the SP teaser

I think it’ll start with Bond vomiting into an open sewer in Jamaica. Perhaps some shots of Nomi taking a dump and will end with a Vantage crashing into a charity shop.

Bond is drunk and crying in that scene, too.

And later he's making up for the upset stomach by drinking milk – only that the milk has gone bad because of the warm Jamaica weather…

giphy.gif

What if he is lactose intolerant?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Bet it’s the cabin, Bond depressed in Jamaica, and a short bit of bond fighting in Cuba or driving the vantage then a short 7 or 8 seconds of safin in a voiceover just like the SP teaser

I think it’ll start with Bond vomiting into an open sewer in Jamaica. Perhaps some shots of Nomi taking a dump and will end with a Vantage crashing into a charity shop.

And later he's making up for the upset stomach by drinking milk – only that the milk has gone bad because of the warm Jamaica weather…

giphy.gif

That's the thing. Safin is working on a cure to make lactose intolerant people tolerant. But he discovered that his liquid turns people into crazy fighting machines.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

giphy.gif

Well then we might be in with a chance of beating the explosion record set in SPECTRE.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

giphy.gif

Well then we might be in with a chance of beating the explosion record set in SPECTRE.

We have a winner here :)) =))
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    If Dan Romer is still composer, I hope the trailer features snippets of his score
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    So We can have a feel of how bondian he intends to score the film
    The trailers never do, willing to bet he hadn't recorded any of it. Especially if it's the same piece that's been supposedly ready since August.

That being said, the more new stuff we hear from Jeff Pfeifer's Bond trailer library, the better 😝