NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

Is that set considered large for a foot chase?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Is that set considered large for a foot chase?

Movie magic
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,869
    antovolk wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I just hope they don’t open the trailer with those stupid mini-trailers. One of the most frustrating trends in modern trailers at the moment. They serve literacy no purpose.
    They actually do though:
    - to get the message across before someone can hit Skip Ad, when the trailer us used as an ad
    - at catch the attention of someone scrolling through their feed.
    Oh well in that case the purpose of them is frustrating as it ruins any initial reaction to certain sequences that may have been more surprising/exciting in the context of the trailer rather than quickly at the beginning. For me anyway haha :)
    zebrafish wrote: »
    Who is NOT going to watch the trailer? And for how long?

I won’t watch it till I am with my wife so she can experience my first reaction to it.
  • RC7RC7
    Risico007 wrote: »

I won’t watch it till I am with my wife so she can experience my first reaction to it.

She’ll be watching your face whilst you watch the trailer? Or will she be flitting between the two?
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    The trailer better not be too short or be a letdown. Awaiting anxiously......
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    RC7 wrote: »

She’ll be watching your face whilst you watch the trailer? Or will she be flitting between the two?

Wait for the reaction to the reaction video to find out. Make sure you record and post your reaction to it.
    imranbecks wrote: »
    The trailer better not be too short or be a letdown. Awaiting anxiously......

It will most certainly be too short and a letdown in one way or another. We've been eagerly gagging for it for too much time, so there is no way we can refrain our expectations. That being said, there's always room for a surprise and a couple of instant iconography set for the ages that'll blow our minds over and over again on repeat ;)

If you go into it with open eyes and arms, to whatever this teaser and overall film is, you'll have a much more rewarding experience, I reckon.

That being said, I am gagging for it.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    RC7 wrote: »

Wait for the reaction to the reaction video to find out. Make sure you record and post your reaction to it.

:))

@jake24 , that's a great trailer. Which editing software do you use?
    I’ll be suprised if NTTD Cody more than Spectre. Half of this one was shot at pinewood
    I do hope the trailer will have original music. As much as I like Arnold, I'm sick and tired to the same old theme fanfare arrangement at the end of the teasers. And please, no Newman SF/SP cues. Make it new and fresh, please.
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Contraband wrote: »
    Teasing from 007

Sorry, but that's NO teasing. That's pointless tweeting.

Honestly, there's no way that tweet was meant as a tease. Not everything is a teaser.
    Teasing from 007

Honestly, there's no way that tweet was meant as a tease. Not everything is a teaser.

Yes it is. It ends with NTTD push, just like the previous videos they put out so far.
    edited November 2019 Posts: 524
    Teasing from 007

Yes it is. It ends with NTTD push, just like the previous videos they put out so far.

Yikes. I owe you an apology, @Contraband, it's promotion, but in a very weird way.
    Sorry, my brain kinda froze, I just don't understand why they think it's necessary to remind us all of one of the most hated marketing ploys from the last film.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Was it that hated?
    Not the explosion on itself, but the fact that they kept saying that it was the biggest explosion ever when it did nothing for the story of the film. It also cost a lot, and I remember people saying that that money should've been spent better.
    They should have spent more money in Austria
    Teasing from 007

Yikes. I owe you an apology, @Contraband, it's promotion, but in a very weird way.
    Sorry, my brain kinda froze, I just don't understand why they think it's necessary to remind us all of one of the most hated marketing ploys from the last film.

@DeerAtTheGates No probs. And you're right. Weird promotion strategy.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I can't wait to see the cinematography!!! :D
    Not the explosion on itself, but the fact that they kept saying that it was the biggest explosion ever when it did nothing for the story of the film. It also cost a lot, and I remember people saying that that money should've been spent better.

I guess as they are still highlighting it, they don't feel the same way about it.
    Something press-related today happening in NYC? https://www.instagram.com/stories/rayaofficial/
  • antovolk wrote: »
    Something press-related today happening in NYC? https://www.instagram.com/stories/rayaofficial/

Fantastic spot!

I think that is case. Both Daniel Craig and Cary Fukunaga live in NYC:
    https://pagesix.com/2018/09/20/bond-director-cary-fukunaga-buys-new-york-city-penthouse/

Maybe Cary is editing there? Typically Bond is edited in London. But perhaps, Cary wanted to edit it back home.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the cinematography!!! :D

This is one subject of interest for sure.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Well damn does that look sexy.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Looks incredible :)
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Wow James I want to run to you
    Oh yeah!!!!
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Merely a few seconds long and yet I can already tell this film is going to look incredibly stylish. Fantastic shots!