NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• edited November 2019 Posts: 4,400
    It’ll be 1-2pm GMT on Wednesday…….it looks like the trailer is arriving around then.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Denbigh wrote: »
    Daniel, Léa and Rami will be on GMA next week. So, another proof of the trailer is indeed around the corner.

OvU7ke1_d.jpg
    Ahh amazing! Actually looking forward to seeing these two actors together as well :)

And now because of you, there won't be a single shot of Malek in the trailer, so we'll have to wait until April 2020 to see what his character looks like. ;-)

Because of these comments EON simply decided to scrap all Malek scenes from the movie and they'll be reshot with M. G. Wilson on his place. ;)
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    So can we expect a tease for the teaser, a post counting down, on the 007 social media pages on Monday or Tuesday? I don't think that'd be too strange. Maybe even earlier?!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Wow, this thread. *Pats self on back for being civil* then a particular person joins the party and immediately hell breaks loose.

This most recent uprising started with a person commenting on the long wait and making timing comparisons with other films. There's nothing wrong with that, but lately every time someone has to comment about who does or doesn't owe what and it blows up from there. If people would stop overreacting to each other's post, maybe then we wouldn't need people to spend wasteful hours combing through forums for 'gotcha' moments that further bloat the threads.

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am selfishly so sick of the overreacting that takes place here. If someone is being snarky about a film, celebrity, or filming process, who cares, ignore them! If it's about a forum member (non celebrity), that is completely different and I'd agree swift action should be taken. But as someone who mostly does observing (and BTW has no ties to anyone here), it's been concerning to witness that with each eruption involving this individual, the personal insults are almost always coming from the other way.

I have noticed that as well.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Daniel, Léa and Rami will be on GMA next week. So, another proof of the trailer is indeed around the corner.

OvU7ke1_d.jpg
    Ahh amazing! Actually looking forward to seeing these two actors together as well :)

And now because of you, there won't be a single shot of Malek in the trailer, so we'll have to wait until April 2020 to see what his character looks like. ;-)
    Wait what I’m confused lol :D
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 1,661
    I have mixed feelings about a teaser in early December. If I were in charge I wouldn't go with that date. I just wonder if it's better to leave it till early January after people have seen Frozen 2 and Rise of Skywalker. Those films are gonna gross over a billion and I just feel an early December trailer may be forgotten about or seen as less important in the weeks before SW ep 9. Love or hate Star Wars, it's the final episode of the original nine film saga. People may be less interested in Bond.

I feel January would be a stronger date. A new decade and we get a teaser. Anyway, I'm not in charge so what do I know! :D But a December release would be a no for me for the above reasons. Not that I mind seeing one next week, of course.

:D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've figured for a while now it'd drop in December - Bond sells either way, but it'd be surprising to wait until January, a mere three months before release, to start up the marketing for the film. Early December was always a safe bet.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    It's just trailer, people will watch it in the theatre or online. A new Film release won't matter much and to attach it with star wars could be better to get more eyes.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    This will be a long week.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester, UK
    It’ll be 1-2pm GMT on Wednesday…….it looks like the trailer is arriving around then.

Seems pretty accurate. I think the GMA appearance same day is no coincidence! I think this has got to be nailed on for the trailer next week surely?!

Bloody excited ! Bumper day if they do both arrive together. Everyone’s frustrations and lack of content and marketing so far will surely soften come next Wednesday evening! 🍸

It will indeed!! I think if we get the BBFC certification before the weeks out, we’re full steam ahead for next week.

It would be nice to know what we’re getting in terms of trailer length too! 2min would be perfect 🍸
  • JG007 wrote: »

Seems pretty accurate. I think the GMA appearance same day is no coincidence! I think this has got to be nailed on for the trailer next week surely?!

Bloody excited ! Bumper day if they do both arrive together. Everyone’s frustrations and lack of content and marketing so far will surely soften come next Wednesday evening! 🍸

Just had a very reliable source confirm the trailer will indeed debut on GMA. There will be a static car of Bond significance there too.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I just hope the trailer is good, and not merely a "teaser". I don't want to see too much, but give us a flavour of the locations, cinematography and tone.

I agree that early December is less than optimal for a trailer to drop. With Christmas just around the corner people will be busy, and the likelihood of a trailer sticking with them is reduced. But this was always the danger of an April release date.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

giphy.gif

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    antovolk wrote: »
    Apparently the teaser was leaked *onto the official 007 Instagram*????

I’m actually having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this went completely unnoticed. It’s almost impossible to believe considering how closely the fans have been watching for this.

I watched that account like a hawk during that period. I am having a hard time believing it is true, unless it happened while I was on a piss break in work.

I have a notification alert setting for the 007 account uploading new posts to keep me updated. I recall actually getting one at one point but not looking into it until minutes later and when I did the post was already taken down. So I assume that was the teaser I missed out on.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited November 2019 Posts: 5,834
    People are going to moan whether the trailer was released early December or not. I don’t know why but they will...

...they release it now, it’s too soon cause of Christmas, release it in January it’s probably too late and too close to the release.

Let’s all just sit back and enjoy the fact that next week we should have our first proper sneak peak at No Time to Die :) Can’t wait!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    People are going to moan whether the trailer was released early December or not. I don’t know why but they will...

...they release it now, it’s too soon cause of Christmas, release it in January it’s probably too late and too close to the release.

Let’s all just sit back and enjoy the fact that next week we should have our first proper sneak peak at No Time to Die :) Can’t wait!

My guess: this was strategic, based on DC's (and AdA's) schedule. I don't recall there being media junkets like this with a trailer. So given that DC and Ana are already out doing PR for KO, they might as well keep going for another week.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    TripAces wrote: »

giphy.gif

I'm 100% certain it will be worth it in the end. Between the trailer and the Good Morning America interviews (regardless of how brief) it'll be nice to see DC (and Ana) be able to focus on Bond from a media interaction point of view now that Knives Out is out of the way.

This is where the fun begins, folks.
    antovolk wrote: »
    Apparently the teaser was leaked *onto the official 007 Instagram*????

I’m actually having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that this went completely unnoticed. It’s almost impossible to believe considering how closely the fans have been watching for this.

I watched that account like a hawk during that period. I am having a hard time believing it is true, unless it happened while I was on a piss break in work.

I have a notification alert setting for the 007 account uploading new posts to keep me updated. I recall actually getting one at one point but not looking into it until minutes later and when I did the post was already taken down. So I assume that was the teaser I missed out on.

Same here. Must have just been a fraction too sluggish that day.
    naplogic wrote: »
    JG007 wrote: »

Just had a very reliable source confirm the trailer will indeed debut on GMA. There will be a static car of Bond significance there too.

OUTSTANDING 🍸
    Hopefully there is a stream available like the last time for the cast reveal. I don’t have cable.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    What Archivo 007 knows about the leaked trailer:

- It was on youtube;
    - It was on October;
    - It wasn's called NTTD or something like that;
    - It wasn't official;
    - It didn't reach 10 visits when it was removed;
    - Some important Bondian "influencer" (I don't like the word, sorry, but it seems accurate) saw it, but won't share anything.
    It’ll be interesting to see if any UK breakfast show runs a similar showcase next week. There tends to be similar exposure on the same platform but in the UK. It would be nice to get both in the same week to quench our NTTD thirst 🍸
    ggl007 wrote: »
    What Archivo 007 knows about the leaked trailer:

- It was on youtube;
    - It was on October;
    - It wasn's called NTTD or something like that;
    - It wasn't official;
    - It didn't reach 10 visits when it was removed;
    - Some important Bondian "influencer" (I don't like the word, sorry, but it seems accurate) saw it, but won't share anything.

Maybe this leak did happen then!
    It would be interesting at this point to see what this person caught. Of course once the trailer comes out, it won’t be as exclusive but sure would be cool to have an insight, even if it where to be 1 or 2 screenshots of footage.

Surely can’t be anything to lose for publishing something like that......
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What day is the cast on GMA? Wednesday?
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    JamesStock wrote: »
    Wow, this thread. *Pats self on back for being civil* then a particular person joins the party and immediately hell breaks loose.

This most recent uprising started with a person commenting on the long wait and making timing comparisons with other films. There's nothing wrong with that, but lately every time someone has to comment about who does or doesn't owe what and it blows up from there. If people would stop overreacting to each other's post, maybe then we wouldn't need people to spend wasteful hours combing through forums for 'gotcha' moments that further bloat the threads.

I'm sorry for hijacking this thread, but I am selfishly so sick of the overreacting that takes place here. If someone is being snarky about a film, celebrity, or filming process, who cares, ignore them! If it's about a forum member (non celebrity), that is completely different and I'd agree swift action should be taken. But as someone who mostly does observing (and BTW has no ties to anyone here), it's been concerning to witness that with each eruption involving this individual, the personal insults are almost always coming from the other way.

I have noticed that as well.

What is he talking about?
  • edited November 2019 Posts: 17,241
    ggl007 wrote: »

Never thought we'd ever get a term like "Bond/Bondian influencer", but I guess that's a thing too now…
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    What day is the cast on GMA? Wednesday?

@DonnyDB5 Yes. 4 dec. Starts 07.15 AM. Interview on GMA's YT a few hours later.

Since you live in Buffalo, why don't you (if you can) go to Times Square and film the event or take snapshots from outside as they arrive/leave/during when GMA airs.

Address
    Times Square Studios (TSS) on the southeastern corner of West 44th Street and Broadway
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Hopefully we will get some idea of the story I have a feeling it will just be random action sequences.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Hopefully we will get some idea of the story I have a feeling it will just be random action sequences.

Sigh.