NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, Gemini Man will likely have Wednesday showings in some locations throughout the States. If it was attached to that, we surely would've heard by now.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    I think the trailer will be a random drop, rather than trying to coincide with other releases :)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think the trailer will be a random drop, rather than trying to coincide with other releases :)

I get the feeling you could well be right?!!!
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    I follow a guy on Twitter who has been revealed rather cryptically that the Teaser is excepted to be attached to Gemini Man, the next IMAX release. He has been right in the past before long hinting at Waltz and Spectres return before April 2019
    Exactly. The announcement of the date of the trailer within 48 hours, then the trailer on Friday online and in cinemas.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    I follow a guy on Twitter who has been revealed rather cryptically that the Teaser is excepted to be attached to Gemini Man, the next IMAX release. He has been right in the past before long hinting at Waltz and Spectres return before April 2019
    Exactly. The announcement of the date of the trailer within 48 hours, then the trailer on Friday online and in cinemas.

And that would be your how-manieth "prediction" ?

It'll drop when it'll drop, easy as that.
    Reallllly got a problem with the constant use of the word "drop". Anyone else?

Not since "presser" did I have a problem with an expression used around here. But the constant need for something to "drop" around here is making me sick.

Really.
    Univex wrote: »

Not since "presser" did I have a problem with an expression used around here. But the constant need for something to "drop" around here is making me sick.

Really.

what about Brexit? ;) :))

Really.

It's not "here," it's used all over the place in regards to trailers being released. Can't say I've ever heard someone have an issue with the word before until now.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Really.

Well, I'd be glad if they dropped that Brexit nonsense. But that's another story ;) A Brexit-dropping of sorts?!? Blah, this is getting nauseating, ain't it? They should have a presser to announce the dropping of the Brexit. Oh boy, this just keeps getting worse.

No drop, no Brexit, no presser.

There, that sounds nice.

:))
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,280
    Before the Bond 25 live reveal, I wonder if anyone used the term "dropping the presser". :-D
    Before the Bond 25 live reveal, I wonder if anyone used the term "dropping the presser". :-D

Yeah, but now it's a thing, thanks to us. Who said Bond fans couldn't come up with sh*t. Now it's an expression for the ages. "Dropping the Presser". And that should be carried on to Bond26 and on. It's a thing :-D
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Denbigh wrote: »

I get the feeling you could well be right?!!!

I don’t think the attached film is crucial anymore. People now view these trailers on social media, YT, and various apps.

Yeah, but now it's a thing, thanks to us. Who said Bond fans couldn't come up with sh*t. Now it's an expression for the ages. "Dropping the Presser". And that should be carried on to Bond26 and on. It's a thing :-D

Hahaha! Don't forget social media - #presserdrop ;-)
  • RC7RC7
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Really.

It's not "here," it's used all over the place in regards to trailers being released. Can't say I've ever heard someone have an issue with the word before until now.

I think it might be a British thing. I also hate the word drop. To me it’s ‘released’. I understand drop is the trend, though.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Good one :))

Brilliant, that ;)
    RC7 wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Really.

I think it might be a British thing. I also hate the word drop. To me it’s ‘released’. I understand drop is the trend, though.

That's understandable. "Released" sounds more proper, I'm just so used to seeing and using "drop" now when it comes to trailers and footage that it's almost automatic.

Brilliant, that ;)

tenor.gif?itemid=12985913
    See? And people said this thread couldn't get festive before the drop or the presser ;)

PNsp2yz.gif?noredirect

The office GIFs strike again :-D
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool

Really.

What’s even worse is people saying “Breg-zit” %-(
    See? And people said this thread couldn't get festive before the drop or the presser ;)

PNsp2yz.gif?noredirect

We have to keep The Office GIFs to a limit, or else the mods will be like:

giphy.gif

;-)

PNsp2yz.gif?noredirect

giphy.gif

;-)

Off topic Sorry. A lot of my friends has been saying to watch this show, is it good?
    Well, last time round they called us Muppets :-D But hey, while we wait at "the office", what else is there to do?

source.gif
  • RC7RC7
    giphy.gif
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,280

PNsp2yz.gif?noredirect

giphy.gif

;-)

Off topic Sorry. A lot of my friends has been saying to watch this show, is it good?

Definitely! I used to watch it during its original run. But the original The Office, featuring Ricky Gervais, is apparently even better.
    Well, last time round they called us Muppets :-D But hey, while we wait at "the office", what else is there to do?

source.gif

Good point. But let's not forget that…

giphy.gif

Suddenly the trailer will be here!
    Oh the original is way better. Everything with Gervais is brilliant. But so is Carell. Both are brilliant.

giphy.gif

PS: I hear the Mods coming. Let's run.

Oh, and @Torgeirtrap, old pal...

source.gif

:-D
    @Univex

giphy.gif

;-)
  • Me waiting for the trailer...

giphy.gif
    This thread is turning into a hilarious Gif fest and I like it :D