NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• edited October 2019 Posts: 17,241
    The state of this forum when the teaser trailer finally drops must be something like this:

giphy.gif
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Probably a good idea to drop the trailer before the new star wars trailer next week.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    The state of this forum when the teaser trailer finally drops must be something like this:

giphy.gif

=))
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2019 Posts: 4,416
    When people try to watch trailer on youtube channel of Eon.....2 years a go..
    image.png
  • RyanRyan Canada
    User: I have a feeling the trailer is going to get released tomorrow!

Trailer: *doesn't get released tomorrow*

User: This is ridiculous. Another delay? They're running out of time to market the film. EON might as well sell the franchise because this film is going to be terrible. Look out for my listings on eBay because I'm selling all my James Bond stuff if EON is going to treat fans this way.

This thread.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Ryan wrote: »

User: This is ridiculous. Another delay? They're running out of time to market the film. EON might as well sell the franchise because this film is going to be terrible. Look out for my listings on eBay because I'm selling all my James Bond stuff if EON is going to treat fans this way.

This thread.

I have to say I found that quite amusing @Ryan
    Something I guess each of us view differently. Depending on age, or just our own take on certain things. I'm at the stage of life now, that I know there will be a trailer. And I'm very much looking forward to seeing it. But when it comes, really doesn't bother me. I'll go to bed tonight, wake up tomorrow morning, check the forums before I leave for work. Go about my daily business, and return home tomorrow evening. Again checking the forums to see if anything has happened.
    That's about as over the top I can get about a trailer for a movie. I've been a Bond fan for close to forty years. I still get excited about a new film, or a trailer. But it's not something I dwell on. It's not going to change my life, or cause me heartache. I can wait.
    But if some members wanna get more excited than that, then so be it. So long as they don't get into the crazy stuff. ;)
    X( :-O :-?? @-) [-O< :-L :-@ >:P :!! X_X ~X( 8-}
    jake24 wrote: »
    Probably a good idea to drop the trailer before the new star wars trailer next week.

Yes. I'm already surprised they've held it this long, and if they wait past that I'd be (*checks, haven't used this word yet*) flabbergasted.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Somehow I have a feeling (wish) it will drop tomorrow morning, London time
  • RC7RC7
    Ryan wrote: »

This thread.

Spot on.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,834
    Exactly @Ryan! Like I always say people get disappointed by their own expectations, whilst blaming Eon and everyone else involved, and it’s quite silly haha :D
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    EON last week:
    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a436b64d3a480b46e8f41aa766da3beeb9edfd5f0&rid=giphy.gif

EON on GJBD:
    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a6a90071ef365d128958d939eafed2782e12658f6&rid=giphy.gif

EON this week:
    giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a0493844be9f6753a0103813ae6301c7b11feac66&rid=giphy.gif
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    It’s like walking up a mountain this. We’re on our way up and meeting those people on their way down who say “only half an hour more”, “nearly there” , “not long now”, fully knowing that it’s another 3 hours to the summit. The reality is those people should just shut their traps and let us all dine out at the picnic spot (the trailer) when it arrives.
    HMBFF wrote: »
    EON last week:

EON on GJBD:

EON this week:

+1.

And with the way the public and press have been all over them throughout this film's journey, I sorta feel like they have every right to be.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited October 2019 Posts: 8,009
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    HMBFF wrote: »
    EON last week:

EON on GJBD:

EON this week:

+1.

And with the way the public and press have been all over them throughout this film's journey, I sorta feel like they have every right to be.

+2
    I'm enjoying their approach this time round. It's not setting the world on fire yet but it's damn interesting. My curiosity about NTTD is sky-high, even higher than it was for SP.
  • skropper13skropper13 United States
    I seem to think it’s interesting for us bond fanatics who follow all the films’ progressions ( About EONs lack of info this time round). But in order to gain the casual fans attention they need to have a good marketing campaign. That being said they have plenty of time, we’re just not happy about it lol.
  • GertGettlerGertGettler Laptop Barcelona
    if you are all like that, then perhaps this petition would be the stuff you need to indulge in:

https://www.change.org/p/eon-productions-hear-fans-out-for-a-moment-about-the-uncertain-future-of-the-james-bond-franchise-now-director-danny-boyle-has-left

At least I tried to verbalize fan's worries in such a way that they in essence remain positive and respectful towards EON.
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    +2
    I'm enjoying their approach this time round. It's not setting the world on fire yet but it's damn interesting. My curiosity about NTTD is sky-high, even higher than it was for SP.

Give wolfs a taste and then leave them hungry. My friends, they have us dangling ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,371
    All the worrying and complaining about the film and the series as a whole will immediately dissipate once the first teaser is released. Petitions and empty threats won't change a thing, nor should they - the film is still six months out, it's not as if the trailer is "late" or "overdue" yet. The series will be just fine, as it has for almost 60 years.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    if you are all like that, then perhaps this petition would be the stuff you need to indulge in:

https://www.change.org/p/eon-productions-hear-fans-out-for-a-moment-about-the-uncertain-future-of-the-james-bond-franchise-now-director-danny-boyle-has-left

At least I tried to verbalize fan's worries in such a way that they in essence remain positive and respectful towards EON.

All these hundreds of pointless petitions that appear every day make a mockery of what they should actually be used for.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

This gave me a good laugh.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    MartinBond wrote: »
    +2

Give wolfs a taste and then leave them hungry. My friends, they have us dangling ;)

That's it exactly. I didn't like the teaser poster very much, but it hasn't impacted my anticipation for the film one bit. It's gonna be great.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    All the worrying and complaining about the film and the series as a whole will immediately dissipate once the first teaser is released. Petitions and empty threats won't change a thing, nor should they - the film is still six months out, it's not as if the trailer is "late" or "overdue" yet. The series will be just fine, as it has for almost 60 years.

Correct.
    I remember there was NO trailer at all (no teaser, no main trailer) for the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie until 2 months before release.
    And no one was worried as far as I remember.

I'm not too concerned that we haven't seen the trailer yet. I'll certainly be excited to see it when it's finally released (as an extra feature on the 4K and Blu-ray release).

Still, honestly I'm pretty burned out on current movie trailers. So many are edited the same and utilize a similar format. They do make the movies look good, JOKER, and JUDY for instance, but for Bond I kind of wish we'd get something old school.

After this long gap I'd like the feeling that "Bond is Back", even if it's just for this one time concerning Craig. I'd love to hear new new bad a$$ recording of the Bond theme for the trailer as we had in GOLDENEYE. After all these years of absurd Craig replacement names in the media, I'd love to see DANIEL CRAIG IS JAMES BOND for this one.

Still that's asking too much, and I predict we'll essentially be getting the JASON BOURNE teaser trailer with NTTD scenes inserted. Or something similar.
    As long as the film itself looks amazing, that's all that seems to matter. But I'm just hoping they go the extra mile for Bond.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I sense that the teaser will reveal very little, just enough to whet the appetite (or irk some fans). EON are keeping this one very mysterious, as the teaser poster demonstrates. We have no bleeping idea what this film is about, and bits and pieces. And...that is wonderful! Right now, the less we know, the better. We will be walking into theaters in April in great anticipation, and I think CJF and DC will deliver the goods. I can't wait.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I follow a guy on Twitter who has been revealed rather cryptically that the Teaser is excepted to be attached to Gemini Man, the next IMAX release. He has been right in the past before long hinting at Waltz and Spectres return before April 2019
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    I follow a guy on Twitter who has been revealed rather cryptically that the Teaser is excepted to be attached to Gemini Man, the next IMAX release. He has been right in the past before long hinting at Waltz and Spectres return before April 2019

When is Gemini Man released?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada

I believe this Thursday in North America. Take it for what its worth. He has been right before, but then other trusted sources havent been able to pinpoint this Teaser release.
    If it is indeed with Gemini Man, US theatres should have received it by now...

I believe this Thursday in North America. Take it for what its worth. He has been right before, but then other trusted sources havent been able to pinpoint this Teaser release.

Thanks! We'll just have to see what happens.

Gemini Man is already released in Germany and France, two of the biggest markets for Bond, and no NTTD trailer is attached.
    And if it should be attached to the film in the UK and US, there would already be a rating for the teaser trailer by the BBFC and MPAA.

The Addams Family is the next MGM/United Artists movie. But it also opens this weekend in the US.