NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

talos7 wrote: »

Callbacks to SP were already apparent, but SF too? I wonder exactly what that means.
    100 hours or less until the trailer.

How do you reckon that?
    Univex wrote: »

How do you reckon that?
    It will be released before the end of Friday (UK time).
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    How do you reckon that?
    Do you know that for sure? I'd love it to be true.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    How do you reckon that?

I'm sure he doesn't, like his other countless "confirmations" that didn't pan out. The trailer will arrive when it arrives. People continuously setting hopeful dates for it are only setting themselves up for disappointment.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited October 2019 Posts: 5,869
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    How do you reckon that?

I'm sure he doesn't, like his other countless "confirmations" that didn't pan out. The trailer will arrive when it arrives. People continuously setting hopeful dates for it are only setting themselves up for disappointment.
    Exactly @Creasy47! And then they get angry at EON and co for not releasing it, when it was their own expectations that made them angry.

And as for PP, he’s probably gonna say “it’ll be out before the end of Friday because if it isn’t, people will riot” or something like that.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    How do you reckon that?

Also, in the event it does drop, the person who made the prediction, with no actual insider information, gets lucky and looks like someone with sources.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 4,619
    How do you reckon that?
    I don't know for sure, but based on what we know I believe there is a 99% chance it will be released before the end of this Friday and at least a 99.99% chance that it will be released before the end of next week Friday.

Then again, anything can happen. Heck, it's even possible that NTTD will never be released!
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    How do you reckon that?
    I don't know for sure, but based on what we know I believe there is a 99% chance it will be released before the end of this Friday and at least a 99.99% chance that it will be released before the end of next week Friday.

Then again, anything can happen. Heck, it's even possible that NTTD will never be released!
    How do you reckon that?
    Lol that won’t happen :)
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    I get the sense that based on the rumours and comments made by many who track trailers that it was expected to be releassed last week but for unforeseen reasons was delayed. My question is what would delay it? Translation, so that it can be released worldwide reaching the largest audience? Studio's trying to position it right? What we know is the creatives approve so it must be something to do with desired response to its release.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It has not been delayed. It was never announced.
    I'd honestly argue that the poster is probably the biggest indication that the trailer is due any day now. I'm just shocked that it hasn't come already.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Never in the 2.0 history of Bond (as far as I can remember) we had a teaser poster and a teaser trailer separated by more than a month. It would be irrational. I agree with @antovolk, trailer must be around.

(Still surprised to see no quad version of the teaser poster, though. Are they shooting a completely different one for the UK market or figuring out how to adapt it? )
    (Still surprised to see no quad version of the teaser poster, though. Are they shooting a completely different one for the UK market or figuring out how to adapt it? )

Did they even make a quad version of the very first SP teaser poster (the bullet hole one)?

Did they even make a quad version of the very first SP teaser poster (the bullet hole one)?

No, but that wasn't a poster per se, more of a "title treatment". It was never printed as far as I know, nor translated worldwide. This one, in turn, will be issued to theatres across the world. But as far as I know UK never abandoned quad, so we'll have one soon I guess. Same design or another.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 3,164
    On this teaser poster being issued to cinemas - we don't know yet if it is, or if it will remain for digital distribution only. Currently only files of it available to press max out at 1500 pixels (usually studios provide press with much much higher resolution digital versions of printed posters) and actually specify digital teaser one-sheet...
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 17,272

No, but that wasn't a poster per se, more of a "title treatment". It was never printed as far as I know, nor translated worldwide. This one, in turn, will be issued to theatres across the world. But as far as I know UK never abandoned quad, so we'll have one soon I guess. Same design or another.

Thanks, didn't know that.
    antovolk wrote: »
    On this teaser poster being issued to cinemas - we don't know yet if it is, or if it will remain for digital distribution only. Currently only files of it available to press max out at 1500 pixels (usually studios provide press with much much higher resolution digital versions of printed posters) and actually specify digital teaser one-sheet...

Very interesting!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    " in my great and unmatched wisdom I believe the trailer is going to appear this week"
  • I hope the teaser trailer has had more work put into it than the awful teaser poster..!
    antovolk wrote: »

Good point! I overlooked that aspect, although I did notice, strangely, that this was issued on a rather small quality and no "textless" version has surfaced on the EPK site or anywhere else. The EPK only has this one and no other version, so that may be right in the end and it's only digital.

Sin-t-tulo.jpg

Anyway, the one they printed is this "limited edition" autographed by Craig. Nobody won, apparently...

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,690
    The first trailer confirmed to release this week is for Disney's action/adventure Jungle Cruise, starring Dwayne Johnson & Emily Blunt.

Everything also points to the full theatrical trailer for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker to arrive next Monday.
    The teaser will be released in 5 minutes.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    skropper13 wrote: »
    If this is to be believed and not just thought of as an actor trying to hype up oncoming work regardless of actual quality, it would make sense why EON has been so secretive this time round. Obviously after SP leaks it was destined but it feels as though they are being even more defensive of details then necessary. Getting a bit more excited now, but expect a very vague teaser 👍🏻

Of course it is PR. Naomie Harris is very good at getting attention for speaking about Bond. That's what she is paid for. And of all the returning actors she is the best in promoting the franchise.

So "massive, massive surprises" and "we're going to really shock people" are phrases she uses, so that everybody talks about it.

I mean: what could a "massive surprise" be?
    Not even Bond having a child or Bond dying would be a massive surprise as lots of fans already fear something like this might happen. Even Madeleine being cloned would be no surprise after the "Genome of a Woman"-title rumor, before it became "No Time To Die".
    A massive suprise has to be something no one to this date ever thought of.
    Bond sent on a mission to save the world?
    ;-)

• NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    Bounine wrote: »

ARE U TROLLING NOW?? dont play with our emotions like this!!!
    Well, I hope Bond doesn’t get cloned.

Should I have put a smiley face beside it?

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Ease down, @NickThunderballs. I can vouch for @Bounine: he's not being a troll. And "don't play with our emotions" concerning a trailer sounds a tad overdramatic, no? :)
    Thanks @DarthDimi
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia
    DarthDimi wrote: »

Ease down, @NickThunderballs. I can vouch for @Bounine: he's not being a troll. And "don't play with our emotions" concerning a trailer sounds a tad overdramatic, no? :)

Its all for laughs
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 6,677
    They really have us on the tips of our toes looking over the high wall, waiting and waiting, bitting our hands, chewing our nails, goggling the horizon,... When this trailer comes, it'll surely break the internet...well, at least the forums. It'll be epic, one way or another. Something we will always remember as a fan group. The wait, us dogs bitting at each other's tails. Barking, sniffing. Waiting for the moon to howl.