The Petrolhead Lounge

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    No thanks, one look at the interior was enough for me.
    The interior is not the best with those tablets which a lot of new cars seem to have these days.
    The exterior looks nice though and such a fair $$ price too for a ev.
    Lamborghini LANZADOR EV
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Lamborghini LANZADOR EV

That's pretty cool.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    How do you spell Lamborghini? B-U-T-T-U-G-L-Y.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    edited August 2023 Posts: 1,430
    The Lanzador media embargo doesn't lift for another few hours... someone leaked.
    I do have a soft spot for classic Lamborghinis. Concerning the modern cars, I would not want to own one, too brutish in my opinion. But at least they stick to their unique design philosophy. The Lanzador's interior is very interesting, though, other car makers should take note.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited August 2023 Posts: 13,894
    zebrafish wrote: »
    I do have a soft spot for classic Lamborghinis.

I was about to say exactly that about the Urraco, Jarama, Espada and Miura.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 2,353

That R8 v10 is slow...........
    I do have a soft spot for classic Lamborghinis.

I was about to say exactly that about the Urraco, Jarama, Espada and Miura.

I would actually add the original Countach, such an otherworldly appearance!

edited August 2023 Posts: 4,312
    Fresh look at the Aston Martin Valour (from page 84) at Monterey Car Week 2023 (from Auto Express):

Aston%20Martin%20Valour%20Monterey%20Car%20Week%202023-5.jpg

Aston%20Martin%20Valour%20Monterey%20Car%20Week%202023-4.jpg

Aston%20Martin%20Valour%20Monterey%20Car%20Week%202023-3.jpg

Highlights from the article:
    - Powered by a 5.2-litre twin-turbo V12 that sends 705bhp and 753Nm of torque to the rear wheels through a bespoke six-speed manual gearbox. Aston says it “emits a gloriously heavyweight soundtrack”.
    - The design of the Valour’s carbon-fibre bodywork also references Aston’s V8 Vantage model from the seventies and eighties – including the RHAM/1 'Muncher' Le Mans racer (*) and even the twin-supercharged Vantage V600 (**) of the nineties – with the Valour's brawny stance and delicate aero details in particular standing out.
    - Just 110 Valour models will be made, with production set to start in Q3 this year before deliveries begin towards the end of 2023. All Valours are now spoken for and “each car will be a commission”, according to Alex Long, Aston’s head of product and market strategy.
    - He also told Auto Express that the Valour is priced from just over £1million before options, but the firm expects buyers to add plenty of personalisation features as part of the purchase process.

... one can dream!

Reference cars:
    (*)
    640px-Aston_Martin_RHAM1_Goodwood.jpg

(**)
    Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-V600-1078.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2023 Posts: 14,957
    I'm not loving the colour scheme on that one! It was very annoying: they had a Valour at Goodwood Festival of Speed in July but only in a private driver's club bit, so the public couldn't see it. Frustrating as I was looking forward to getting a look at it in the metal.

That's a terrible design for an exhibition stand for cars in the sunshine: the shadows from that slatted roof structure make the shape of the cars very hard to see.
    mtm wrote: »
    I'm not loving the colour scheme on that one! It was very annoying: they had a Valour at Goodwood Festival of Speed in July but only in a private driver's club bit, so the public couldn't see it. Frustrating as I was looking forward to getting a look at it in the metal.

The online configurator has a gazillion different colour and outfit schemes, I think they wanted to show what is possible. No two cars will look the same.
    MG Cyberster Design Philosophy
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I had a close look at a couple of Cybersters at Goodwood. Not bad at all, a bit bland but not ugly, quite big.
    Despite claiming that the Cyberster's design drew inspiration from the MGB roadster, there is really nothing at all, apart from an MG badge, to suggest that this car is in any way linked to MG history. The MGB-defining straight line that runs from the center of the headlights over the wheel arches to the tail lights (seen highlighted in red at 2:01 in the video) has all but disappeared and dropped low, losing all its meaning in the process. This is more like a re-imagined MGF, which was not the sexiest car to start with.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2023 Posts: 14,957
    I don't mind it not looking like previous MGs; it's not like the MGA looked much like the (1950s) TF or anything.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    **)
    Aston-Martin-V8-Vantage-V600-1078.jpg

That is one Aston (/car), that I have never been able to decide whether I wholly like it or not. From some angles, I do, others, I don't.
    Maserati's First Electric Car Full Tour Of The GranTurismo Folgore
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Maserati's First Electric Car Full Tour Of The GranTurismo Folgore

After the Fiat 500e, the second electric car that actually looks like a car, and the first one to be absolutely gorgeous.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    edited August 2023 Posts: 8,692
    This just in:

An Alfa Romeo Montreal crashed about 20 km from here by veering into a tree. Doesn't look too nice. The driver suffered severe injuries but seems to be in stable condition.

0f7afc6e-436e-11ee-beef-e5b125871ca2.jpg

Photo: Joto / JOTO (via Hamburger Abendblatt)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Poor person. No car is good to do that in, but I'd prefer my chances in a modern one.
    Poor person. No car is good to do that in, but I'd prefer my chances in a modern one.

Me too, really...although the wreck looks like that there has been some kind of crumple zone. And at least seat belts were around in the early 70s. But certainly no airbags.

Still, while one should of course first think of the injured (or worse), for the purpose of this thread let's also deplore the loss of a classic Alfa. Right, @CommanderRoss?
    These races are close...........

The Rimac Group is owned by Porsche (24%), Hyundai (12%), founder Mate Rimac (37%), and other investors that own the remaining 27%
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    j_w_pepper wrote: »

Me too, really...although the wreck looks like that there has been some kind of crumple zone. And at least seat belts were around in the early 70s. But certainly no airbags.

Still, while one should of course first think of the injured (or worse), for the purpose of this thread let's also deplore the loss of a classic Alfa. Right, @CommanderRoss?

Well, obviously the well beeing of the person is of the highest importance, but yes, the loss of the car is saddening indeed. Looks like it was a nicely rennovated one as well.
    Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale

Limited to just 33 cars, with a starting price rumoured to exceed €3 million ($A5.1m)
    Always comforting to see with how much ease Alfa Romeo comes up with the sweetest designs!
  • edited August 2023 Posts: 6,677
    Absolutely! I’m an alfista, heart and soul. Good to see they’re back on track with their designs, after some years of germanisms. I hope some of the design elements in the 33 translate into their next range of cars.