Christopher Nolan - Appreciation Thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited August 2019 Posts: 15,690
    The first teaser for Tenet is expected to arrive online tonight, 11pm British time (in just over 4 hours from now).
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Cool! Looking forward to it.
    The first teaser for Tenet is expected to arrive online tonight, 11pm British time (in just over 4 hours from now).

That's if it goes online at all, it is Nolan...what is expected is - in cinemas with Hobbs and Shaw in the US tonight
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Cannot wait!! Robert Pattinson, Aaron Taylor Johnson, Elizabeth Debicki and Christopher Nolan. Yes please :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    antovolk wrote: »

That's if it goes online at all, it is Nolan...what is expected is - in cinemas with Hobbs and Shaw in the US tonight

Dunkirk's announcement teaser arrived online August 5th, 2016, which was the opening day of Suicide Squad. If it's not online tonight, the wait shouldn't be more than 24 hours. :-)
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited August 2019 Posts: 8,079
    Most anticipated event film of 2020, hands down! :-bd

Can't wait for the trailer.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,526
    Someone who's seen the film and commented on The Rock's recent Instagram post about the film does confirm that TENET will have a trailer attached to H&S. Nothing about Bond 25.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 4,400
    Since Warner have unnecessarily trying to hide the trailer, you can watch it on Twitter:

It’s hard to get too much of a sense of the visuals - but from what we can see Nolan is making spy-fi film.

I’m in. It kinda reminds me of the Bond films from Sam Mendes. But there is a high-concept element.

I’m digging that JDW is the lead and the trailer goes to great extents to point that out. BUT........the tease lacks something. It’s a tad flaccid.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Since Warner have unnecessarily trying to hide the trailer, you can watch it on Twitter:

It’s hard to get too much of a sense of the visuals - but from what we can see Nolan is making spy-fi film.

I’m in. It kinda reminds me of the Bond films from Sam Mendes. But there is a high-concept element.

I’m digging that JDW is the lead and the trailer goes to great extents to point that out. BUT........the tease lacks something. It’s a tad flaccid.

Lol nothing was there that could excite me..
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    It's Nolan. It's goin to be another great movie.
    Poster has been released:

nJy9vcw.jpg

the more I watch these teaser, the more I like it.

Washington looks like a natural leading man and after BlacKkKlansman seems to be a Hollywood star in waiting. I’m already seeing people suggest him as Bond on Twitter………………I am beginning to endorse this view. But who knows, Tenet is already shaping up to be a Bond-esque film. Perhaps, Washington gets a franchise here.
    matt_u wrote: »
    It's Nolan. It's goin to be another great movie.

I believe so too. I doubt a teaser trailer in poor quality is giving away the full scope and intellectual undercurrents of a Nolan film.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 3,164

It's fan made....
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    antovolk wrote: »

It's fan made....

Still poster is good, I expected a 90 second teaser.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I agree. It's a teaser and therefore shouldn't do much more than tease, but it lacks an "a-ha!" moment, even if subtle.
    It's the sort of teaser that works better on the big screen
    Much more so
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,271
    The teaser trailer sounds great from what someone has said who has seen it from IGN...
    Spoilers...
    7.17.20 remember the date, as thats when Nolan will dazzle us again, as he always does!

Even his lesser movies are very interesting and thoughtful.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    7.17.20 remember the date, as thats when Nolan will dazzle us again, as he always does!

A new Nolan film is always something look forward to.

One of the best, intelligent and most interesting directors working today.

Would make an incredible Bond film.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Will look forward to this greatly, I've been a Nolan fan since Memento and only one of his films has truly disappointed me and made not want to sully my eyes with it again.

I look forward to getting a viewing of the teaser soon, though reports seem to point towards another intriguing premise from the man, great casting as well.

A new Nolan film is always something look forward to.

One of the best, intelligent and most interesting directors working today.

Would make an incredible Bond film.

Hear, hear! Yes, yes again and yes again! :D
    The title spinning like the hand of a clock, alternating between black and white... Will time be a theme in this movie as they are in many of his others?
    The title spinning like the hand of a clock, alternating between black and white... Will time be a theme in this movie as they are in many of his others?

The taglines on the teaser, after all, are:

TIME HAS COME FOR A NEW PROTAGONIST
    TIME HAS COME FOR A NEW KIND OF MISSION.

Not "the time has come".
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

It involves time travel.

It involves time travel.

Is this serious?

It involves time travel.

Is this serious?

I think so. I'm also convinced it won't be like any other time travel experience we've ever had in film before. The Prestige, for example, is about "magic" but not like Harry Potter. Inception is about "dreams" but unlike anything you've ever seen before. Tenet could very well be the most sophisticated time travel story so far.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    DarthDimi wrote: »

It involves time travel.

Is this serious?

I think so. I'm also convinced it won't be like any other time travel experience we've ever had in film before. The Prestige, for example, is about "magic" but not like Harry Potter. Inception is about "dreams" but unlike anything you've ever seen before. Tenet could very well be the most sophisticated time travel story so far.

Whatever it is it isn't going to be straightforward. Even Dunkirk wasn't a straightforward re-telling of a historical event.

Nolan always delivers something a little different.
    Different and special. I consider Inception to be one of the theatre going experiences of my lifetime. I was so hyped after TDK, and Nolan still exceeded my expectations.

Haven't been this hyped for a Nolan movie since Rises.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Will look forward to this greatly, I've been a Nolan fan since Memento and only one of his films has truly disappointed me and made not want to sully my eyes with it again.

TDKR? Cause that was the one for me. I liked every single one of the others.